• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooters, o' Shooters

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
What are your favourite shooter video games? It can be any shooter game, in any style (FPS, Third Person, etc). Why do you prefer the shooter game(s) that you've listed? In addition, what do you think of the shooter genre as a whole? Is it your favourite style of genre, or other wise?

TY

The only shooter game i really like isnt really a shooter, but for me its Borderlands 2, the game is so fun blasing psycho's, skags and spiderants away with tons of guns with or without elemental side effects. The shooter genre isnt that bad, but most shooter communities (like CoD and Battlefield for instance, those two fanbases really hate each other as there is always a fight over them everywhere) are crap. Shooters arent my fave genre, since im more addicted to RPG's and RTS games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Call of Duty is one of my favorite first-person shooter games. I may not be that good at it, but I still have fun playing it. It's extremely fast-paced. Its servers could be kind of annoying sometimes, though, since they have a tendency to make you lag and keep getting disconnections. I also like Battlefield. It's almost like CoD, but the only differences are that you're able to use vehicles in matches and the maps are much larger. Its servers are dedicated, so unlike Call of Duty, you rarely get any lag here. d:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've always liked playing Doom, since it was the first FPS game that I played. I also played Goldeneye on the N64, and that was a really great game, considering how hard it was at times. I liked these games not only because of it's good gameplay back then, but because of the games having auto aim, so you didn't have to stop, aim and shoot all of the time.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Star Wars Battlefront 2. It's so simple but for some reason I think it's so much fun. Maybe it's because every match is like a massacre once you get decent at it. I haven't gotten under 40 kills in years.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's a tie between Halo and Dead Space nowadays. Granted I love a lot of other shooters too but trying to pick all of my other my favorites in order would be impossible lol.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Call of Duty and Halo are about the only ones I've really played and as of so far. I own every game in the series. Well, for the CoD's the more recent ones. CoD4 through Black Ops 2

For Halo, I have every game sans ODST and Wars.

Back