• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's Fighting Love

Reporting for duty! Sir!
Years
In this thread all the Rp players out there get to create one ultimate Rp by brainstorming in one big group and voting on the most popular Topic. So everyone will nominate one topic and then we'll vote on which one is the best then we discuss the Story line and other things.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Say we do get this 'ultimate RP'. Who'd be the RP master/Who'd create the thread in question? Does this ultimate Rp include pokemon or will we vote on that as well?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
A compilation of ideas might result in discrepancy, as many RPers sometimes have the tendency to stick to one particular style.

So it is a cooperation amongst players to create a final RPG? Are there any guidelines as to what we should put in?

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
An ultimate RPG seems impossible, as Ultimate is an opinion. In addition, everyone would have different opinions, and voting would not be fair, as that is purely majority rules.

Let's Fighting Love

Reporting for duty! Sir!
Years
You all have good points it's just that every Rp gets conquered by another one so why not have one ultimate one that won't get conquered that most of the people will enjoy, and anyone who wants to can join. Instead of the makers of the Rp getting upset because some Rp gets more attention which may cause fights or flame wars. I just thought of the possible big picture so I'll need to give it a little more thought.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
ANYONE?! Anyone can join? Even total n00bs who talk in 1337 speak? Dude, that's totally against the rules, and some people on PC can't even post 4 words of RPing. Anyone, is definetly, NOT a good idea.

Flames/Fights? Wow. That's one super n00b of a RP Master if they can't deal with the fact that nobody wants to join their RP. That's what the drawing board thread is for.

Conquered eh? Well you see, only a certain amount of people would be allowed to play, because if there was about everybody here, then it'd get too confusing and everyone would leave. I don't think that just because some people's skills are rustier than others, doesn't mean they get special treatment, because they can always go somewhere like neopets or Gaia where people RP with asterisks as action describers, and there they can polish their skills before they come back here, where the standards are slightly higher. *cough* much *cough*

All in All, I think that 'An Ultimate RP' is not the solution to the problems you've brought up.

Let's Fighting Love

Reporting for duty! Sir!
Years
Hey I know that now that's why I said I had to think about it. No offense but I really would like you to not insult me further for my stupid idea as you brought up.
The things I was thinking of were just sort of because there are people who get 0 posts on their Rp's and they won't even be locked. It's just the attempt to not make people feel left out because they might not be a good Role Player or what ever you call it. The point is if they have troubles instead of critisising someone HELP THEM. That way they have a chance at being good at it otherwise they might think they're worthless and never Rp again. Now personally I want to make people feel more welcome instead of being riddiculed. One other thing the way to start this a tip of bringing the feeling of being welcome is stop calling new people stupid noobs it is very offensive.

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
There in lies the problem. A lot of noobs, I don't know how many, but that's beside the point, don't really want to try to do better or follow the rules. Some of them want to act immature and continue on the way they are. On the other hand, I understand that there are some noobs that want to try better, and these are the ones I feel sorry for. I suppose certain aspects could work for the ones who want to learn, but others, just no....

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
CloneTrooper47 said:
Hey I know that now that's why I said I had to think about it. No offense but I really would like you to not insult me further for my stupid idea as you brought up.
The things I was thinking of were just sort of because there are people who get 0 posts on their Rp's and they won't even be locked. It's just the attempt to not make people feel left out because they might not be a good Role Player or what ever you call it. The point is if they have troubles instead of critisising someone HELP THEM. That way they have a chance at being good at it otherwise they might think they're worthless and never Rp again. Now personally I want to make people feel more welcome instead of being riddiculed. One other thing the way to start this a tip of bringing the feeling of being welcome is stop calling new people stupid noobs it is very offensive.

Congratulations, you're the first one on this forum to trigger my minimodness!
First off, (s)he wasn't insulting you, but instead was merely explaining why your idea wouldn't work.
Second, with that wording, you admitted it was a stupid idea.
Third, you bring up "0 posts in their RPs", when he had already answered that point(drawing board or something like that).

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
I have to agree, I don't think this would work out very well. But maybe if you took this idea and tweaked it a bit. Say we get the top RPGers to band together and come up with several different plots. If some are similar then they can combine them and make it even better. All of the creators will help each other until they are all satisfied with each RPG. Then you have four or five really good RPGs that will probably be a big hit. Or maybe get into teams of around five. Each team will have to have a similar RPing style or it won't work out. Then they all make an RPG. I don't know if you'll be able to call them "ultimate" RPGs but they will be pretty good. What does everyone think of that idea?

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Alana said:
I have to agree, I don't think this would work out very well. But maybe if you took this idea and tweaked it a bit. Say we get the top RPGers to band together and come up with several different plots. If some are similar then they can combine them and make it even better. All of the creators will help each other until they are all satisfied with each RPG. Then you have four or five really good RPGs that will probably be a big hit. Or maybe get into teams of around five. Each team will have to have a similar RPing style or it won't work out. Then they all make an RPG. I don't know if you'll be able to call them "ultimate" RPGs but they will be pretty good. What does everyone think of that idea?
That...sounds good. There's only one way to find out this plan's feasibility, however...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Right, but some people deserve to be called n00bs clone trooper. Maybe I don't want to be nice to them. Not everyone in the world is for justice you know...

I suppose that could work Alana, with different people in each RP right? So that way everyone would be able to at least RP a little. Well, not everyone. That would suck and it would become the worst RP if anyone could join, but have the RP Masters pick 5 who sign-up. People should only be allowed to join one, so everyone gets a fair shot, and when everyone who's tried/been declined or accepted, they can see if they want to join the other ones?

Burninating Torchic, I'm a girl, not a dude.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Naoko-chan said:
Burninating Torchic, I'm a girl, not a dude.

Sorry. I probably could have guessed that, but for some reason when I don't know for sure I have a tendency to just use the male forms of words such as he and him.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Meh, ultimate RP? I know I'm mostly echoing the others here, but the whole concept reeks. You can't achieve a universally 'ultimate' level in anything, and putting every RPer on these boards to work together would be like putting a bunch of short-tempered cats together in a very small sack, which, in case you didn't realize it already, is not a very good idea. Also, the 'everyone gets to RP' concept is...just plain wrong, really. Sure, it might seem 'fair' from a certain point of view, but the fact is, it's just not going to work, ever. In case you haven't noticed, the clueless and the unrepentant have practically been swarming the RP sections lately (Hence the separate topic for sign-up rules and the moderation of all new RPs.). Yes, those willing to learn should be taught, but not at the expense of those who actually expect a bit more from their RPing experience than flat, two-line posts. It only takes one horrible RPer to spoil it for the rest, now tell me, why should everyone else in the RP suffer because some people can't overcome their own ineptude? <.<

Ahem, rant aside, Alana's idea...well...it could work, although the RP masters should be chosen carefully because tempers can sometimes run pretty wild in RPs and it wouldn't be very beneficial for the RP's development if we had two RP masters constantly picking on each other, same RP genre preference or no. Personally, the best RPing I've experienced is that which is performed among a small group of friends. My first one was the Alphimega remake, which made it to page 73 (although we had to shut that down because the thread creator had pirated the plot <.<), and I've later tried to rebuild on that concept with the Showgan RP, and gotten pretty good results too. The idea is that everyone gets a say in how the plot develops and gets to add small side-characters, encounters, plot twists etc. and larger things are discussed among the members (Which is where the fact that all RPers are on friendly terms with each other becomes important as it keeps arguments from sprialing out of hand), or, as is the case in Showgan, the RP master (That would be me in this instance xD) decides the main course of the RP and the others get to fill in their own details.

Anyways, a co-operative effort from some of the more 'named' RPers around here could certainly prove to be interesting, I'll give it that. ^^ Although one should take care not to overdo it, too many cooks spoil the soup after all.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Actually Alter Ego, you're last quote makes a lot of sense. Too many RP Masters and they'll all have different ideas and in the end it's taste'll be kinda strange. I think that we should find who's willing to be a fair RP Master, someone who everyone knows for sure won't accept a one-liner RP into the roleplay, and then we can build up ideas. For instance, I was thinking a more futuristic RP, as you don't see many RP's where the future isn't totally screwed up. That'd be pretty original, or maybe we could ask around and see if anybody has a good pokemon RP plot in mind, just like an idea and we could all add opinions and taking from Clone Troopers idea, vote which amendments are best? But not before taking a personal Oath to shut up if someone pisses them off and to leave, take a deep breath, come back calm and collected. ^_^;;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Hmm...a non-dystopian future RP? *Blinks* Yeah, that's a pretty novel concept, actually. They all tend to be either twisted empires of evil or horrible post-apocalyptic wastelands, usually both. xD Yes, that would be a genre that would interest me for one, although I usually work in the pok?mon field as most people who have even the slightest clue about who I am should know, so maybe it could be a non-twisted futuristic pok?mon RP? Heh, I'd be interested in building on that concept, certainly, and I fancy myself pretty good at condemning short posts and sloppy sign-ups so I could help with that. Heck, there could be one person dealing with the sign-up discernment and another to deal with the plot if necessary, or would that be over-complicating matters?

At any rate, I'm willing to help make this happen, although my time is a tad restricted because of real-life interference (I.e. School in general and Physics in particular ~_~). Is there anyone else willing to step up and support the basic idea (Details to be discussed)?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Yeah I was thinking you'd make a good RP mastah.

Anyway, I'm not sure how'd we'd put an uncorrupted future RP in place. Maybe like, where the four teams of the world (including cipher) have disappeared into nothing and yet a new danger lurks along the fabric of time, or the world? That'd be sorta cliche, but you need a good idea mixed with cliche for it to blow the minds of the great one's off. Fortree could be a city in the sky! XD hahahaha, that'd be funny, considering they do worship the sky. If we tried my idea of the bigger threat, then we would have to figure out what the new threat is. I say not all four teams merged, because that happens way too often in RP's. Also, we could add that people know somethings going on because of something like in the Pokemon Movie:2000, where the weather freaks out, and where the pokemon do as well. Maybe something could be trying to capture the legendaries! *snatches Kyogre, Suicune, and Articuno Plushie away from masked figure* Stay away! *hiss*

And we've all got time issues. 2 pages of math homework every **** night and I'm only in 7th grade.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
Lol. Hey I know how you feel on the homework thing. *glares at teachers* :P

Hmm, I could help out if ya want. I think something where we have to be a Pokemon would be a nice change. They're not completely uncommon and they used to pop up allt he time but I don't see many any more. Maybe we could be legendaries or something. Or perhaps legendary trainers. You know, the clasic "Chosen Ones". :P ONly rather than going to find our legends we already have them and we have to fight our evil doubles or something. *glances around* *grabs Raikou, Ho-oh, Rukario, and restles Suicune plushie away from Naoko* MINE!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ehh...let's see...how about this? Team Rocket has more or less disbanded, right? First the main organization was split up when Giovanni retreated in the R/B/Y plot arch and then even the newly assembled Rockets got thumped in G/S/C. As for Magma and Aqua...well, Maxie and Archie were pretty shook up after the Groudon/Kyogre incident, ne? Maybe they turned over a new leaf? ^-^ Let's see, that leaves...Cipher. Dang, I could use some help from someone who's actually played those games. xD Well, we could always say that they went overboard with their experiments and their leadership got decimated by a rampaging horde of shadow pok?mon. Also, the teams could have detoriated into a kind of cult-thing, you know, the kind of stuff that insecure teenagers searching for their identity would join up for just for kicks and then leave when tehy feel like it? Ahh...I could picture an old admin of one of those teams ranting about that. xD As for the new treath...I agree, the 'new criminal organization' is a complete clich?, and the existing teams combining even moreso. I do have an idea for a slowly impending apocalyptic doom (The beauty of it is that most people wouldn't realize at all) although I can't explain it here at least because that would spoil the whole plot. Suffice to say that it's connected to Unowns...the lovable little buggers. ^-^ Ahh...that's a point from one of my older plot ideas, actually.

Anyhow, basic concept; the world is allright, utopic. Sure, there are the usual little crimes and things but basically we have world peace and a general happy, go-lucky atmosphere. But alas, everything isn't how it seems, there's a slow but certain process in the works which could change the world as we know it (Incidentally, that actually happened several millennia ago, wiping out most of the plant and animal life from the face of the planet, although scientists have been unable to discover why). However, our main characters would, each for their own reasons, end up discovering this danger. There is a problem however; who would believe a bunch of teenagers saying that sort of thing? That's right, no-one in their right mind, so it would be all up to the main characters to discover the exact nature of the treath and how to avert it. And...well, several official people might not look too kindly on that, believeing that they're only trying to cause havoc and chaos.

Well, that's my idea thus far, any comments? ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back