• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Firered is basically the same as Red. HGSS is a direct remake of Gold/Silver, which takes place after Red. By the manga (and US release dates), it's 3 years. Emerald is an improved version of Ruby, which, by previous logic, takes place 2 years after Gold.

Lemme get this straight.
The events of R/S/E and FR/LG are of the same timeline.

While the events of HG/SS and D/P/P are of the same timeline.
And the events of HG/SS occur after 3 years of FR/LG timeline.

You can't say that the events of Emerald happens AFTER HG/SS, that would impossible. While it IS true that Emerald is indeed an IMPROVED version
of R/S, they are still of the same timeline.

Now, you may ask, "Where did you get this information?"

Well, I forgot, but I remembered that from a person in Serebii...

Oh, and you said the manga is Chinese. It was never translated to Chinese, as far as I know, or at least, not officially.

It DID translated to Chinese. (I have a whole collection of them.)
All Pokemon stuff are translated to Chinese, except for video games.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
It DID translated to Chinese. (I have a whole collection of them.)
All Pokemon stuff are translated to Chinese, except for video games.

"or at least, not officially''. I'd read the whole post.

You know what? Chaos Rush is right, though, it's his hack. His decision to ruin it some way. (4 games already?)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
"or at least, not officially''. I'd read the whole post.

You know what? Chaos Rush is right, though, it's his hack. His decision to ruin it some way. (4 games already?)

It IS an official release, and it's released in Hong Kong.

As for Chaos Rush's decision, he's actually following the official
timeline from Nintendo. That's good.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's my evidence:

FR/LG takes place at the same time as R/S/E because:

*You don't need a time machine in either set of games to trade with each other
*An NPC on One Island states that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn
*An NPC on Seven Island states that Bruno once trained with Brawly
*You can buy Lava Cookies on Two Island. The item description mentions Lavaridge Town
*An NPC in Lilycove City mentions he came from the Kanto region
*You can go to Navel Rock and Birth Island in FR/LG AND Emerald.
*On Faraway Island, the faded signpost's message ends with, "...ji" in the Japanese version. Mr. Fuji's japanese name is also Fuji, meaning that since Mew = Kanto, and Mr. Fuji = Kanto, there's another Kanto reference right there.

HG/SS takes place at the same time as D/P/Pt because:

*You don't need a time machine in either set of games to trade with each other
*In the beginning of Diamond/Pearl, there's a TV report on the red Gyarados that appears HG/SS.
*In Platinum, there's an NPC at the Fight Area that says he filmed the documentary, "The Search for the Red Gyarados!"
*In Platinum, the first time you try to enter Lake Valor, there's two NPCs blocking your path. One of them says he filmed the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Yes, he specifically mentions the Lake of Rage.
*In HG/SS, in Bill's house in Goldenrod City, one of the NPCs says that Eevee can evolve into one of seven different kinds of Pokemon (he said five in G/S/C). What would be those seven? Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon.
*Maylene and Crasher Wake actually appear in HG/SS.
*Jasmine appears in D/P/Pt.
*There are plenty of Johto references in Platinum
*There are plenty of Sinnoh references in HG/SS

HG/SS & D/P/Pt takes place 3 years after FR/LG & R/S/E because:

*In Azalea Town, when you rescue Kurt from the Slowpoke Well, he explains to you that Team Rocket was broken up 3 years ago by a boy named Red. Red could be anyone, but there's an NPC in the game you could battle named Red, and he clearly looks like the male protagonist of FR/LG.
*There's a whole bunch of NPCs scattered throughout Johto and Kanto saying something along the lines of, "Team Rocket was broken up 3 years ago"
*In FR/LG, if you go to Team Rocket's Warehouse on Five Island and read one of the computers, it talks about frequencies forcing Pokemon to evolve. This is a reference to the red Gyarados plot that is supposed to happen 3 years later, which the event directly takes place in HG/SS, and is talked about in D/P/Pt.
*In G/S/C, you specifically needed a time machine to trade with R/G/B/Y.

What do you mean, "4 games already"? Pokemon Saga has always been planned to be 4 games, since October 2009 actually. And (lol), wtf am I ruining? Your imagination?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wow... that's a very detailed report you've got there.
That's just about enough to crush Heart Soul's pathectic imagination.

Although I already knew this piece of information from a friend in Serebii
and he said that, "R/S/E and FR/LG take place in the same timeline, meanwhile,
HG/SS and D/P/P take place in the same timeline."

Due to D/P/P has Johto references, I think that's one of the reasons
that Game Freak decided to create HG/SS, hopefully to earn more money
and to also create a fact that HG/SS and D/P/P takes place in the same timeline.

Years
Actually HG/SS takes place before or after D/P/Pt. When you get Erika's phone number in Celadon City, Jasmine says to Erika that she wants to participate in Sinnoh's Super Contest, but she couldn't bring her self to do it. Erika suggests she wears something similar to Clairs outfit. Yet when you trade with her a random Pokemon for Steelix in HG/SS it is similar to the one she uses in D/P/Pt while in Super Contests. I got this information by going to Bulbapedia. However this is my opinion and you may not find it true.

Anyways I like the progress for Beta 1. Are there any new trainers added to routes since I know some new people appear in Viridian Forest and in Pewter Gym.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I like how this hack is progressing, its really good in terms of graphics and music(team rocket's music sounds a bit...off from G/S/C in the video??)

Question, will you add in HG/SS main character as an event battle after E4, since HG/SS has the celebi event that transport them back to the time before Giovanni disappear, I figure this could also work.. At least it can forge link with HG/SS and give the reasons for HG/SS main character to brave through Mt.Silver just to fight Red

ps:Actually I want to suggest event battle with silver but its obvious that he never experience time travel and he has NO pokemon 3 years prior

Years
Wow... that's a very detailed report you've got there.
That's just about enough to crush Heart Soul's pathectic imagination.

Jesus, uncalled for much?

@XxGrezxX, I doubt that, but you seemed to've realised yourself, too :D

I can't wait for the beta, it's gonna be SWEET. The Alpha was so much better than FR, despite having only a few maps and such. I look forward to seeing all the little changes you've added, be it in the maps, the scripts, or anything else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Actually HG/SS takes place before or after D/P/Pt. When you get Erika's phone number in Celadon City, Jasmine says to Erika that she wants to participate in Sinnoh's Super Contest, but she couldn't bring her self to do it. Erika suggests she wears something similar to Clairs outfit. Yet when you trade with her a random Pokemon for Steelix in HG/SS it is similar to the one she uses in D/P/Pt while in Super Contests. I got this information by going to Bulbapedia. However this is my opinion and you may not find it true.

Anyways I like the progress for Beta 1. Are there any new trainers added to routes since I know some new people appear in Viridian Forest and in Pewter Gym.
They take place at around the same time. It doesn't matter how specific, but it's around the same time. Maybe not exact, due to stuff like that, but there is one point when Ethan/Lyra is still travelling in Johto, and Lucas/Dawn has started their journey in Sinnoh.

And yeah, there are some new trainers. Particularly on Route 3 and Mt. Moon (though all the new trainers in Mt. Moon are just extra Rocket Grunts).

And lol, I would love to see Jasmine in Clair's outfit.

Does any of this honestly matter? It's a Pokemon game for the love of Jebus.
Anyway, looks really good and I'm hoping to see the beta soon :)
Well, since the Pokemon Saga hack series has the exact same plot as the official Pokemon games, you could say it matters as much as the official games do.

I like how this hack is progressing, its really good in terms of graphics and music(team rocket's music sounds a bit...off from G/S/C in the video??)
I never posted a video about Team Rocket music, or at least anything you were meant to see. What you saw was an example of a bad midi that Giradialkia later fixed for me. How the hell did you even find that video O_o?

Question, will you add in HG/SS main character as an event battle after E4, since HG/SS has the celebi event that transport them back to the time before Giovanni disappear, I figure this could also work.. At least it can forge link with HG/SS and give the reasons for HG/SS main character to brave through Mt.Silver just to fight Red
You mean the Celebi-Giovanni event? Ya, I'm just going to pretend that it happens after the events of DarkViolet, but before the events of HG/SS.

ps:Actually I want to suggest event battle with silver but its obvious that he never experience time travel and he has NO pokemon 3 years prior
Silver doesn't battle Red in HG/SS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Please stop this discussion about the timelines, since it could go really off-topic, spammy, and get Sarcastic Prince banned again for being disrespectful to other members. :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I never posted a video about Team Rocket music, or at least anything you were meant to see. What you saw was an example of a bad midi that Giradialkia later fixed for me. How the hell did you even find that video O_o?

One of the videos about the rematching of trainers bring me to the photobucket where i just scroll through and found out about it

Will there be any good side quest in post game for this game??

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Small update.
28279839.png

Team Magma logo has been hacked.

Will there be any good side quest in post game for this game??
Maybe. Stuff like that is probably one of the last things that will be worked on this hack.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
That's really cool. Now I remember why do I support this hack, lol.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Yay,the hack looks really good. ^^ The only thing that bugs me are the trees. They look out of place,especially in the Forest. >< Try to change them.
And yes,will the Leaders and Trainers have Hoenn and Johto pokemon,or will they match the FR ones?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Because team rocket are the bad guys, so it's better to change the logo instead of having team rocket with team magma's logo.

I meant to say "How" instead of "Why".
And also, I know that they're bad guys, no need to tell me that.

I think that this is just a prototype logo right??It has no shade and all.. Good job though

Probably not.
And why would you need shading, anyways?
It's not even important. The Team Magma and Aqua logos don't
have shading, so why should this Rocket logo have shading?
I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back