• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I've been playing through the last week or so and I'm finally at a part where I can go after the legendary "dogs". I've found the other two but how did you set up the dynamic for the roaming one?

well i dont know... thats nintendos dog, I did not alter it in any way... you just walk around kanto and itll show up eventually? then you can chase it with the pokedex location...

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
I've been playing through the last week or so and I'm finally at a part where I can go after the legendary "dogs". I've found the other two but how did you set up the dynamic for the roaming one?

An easy way to find it is stay on a patch of grass close to a building (i did this on cerulean, right before the bike road) so you just keep entering and exiting that building while checking if the legendary dog is in the grass.

Also, if you already have one of the dogs, you can use a repel to only find the legendary. If you're using an emulator, savestates come in handy as you can just save before checking if the dog is there, if it is, you load and change your first pokemon to one that can keep it from running away. I don't know if this works with in-game saving too, though.

That is a really cool idea, and totally worth putting in a hack... the rebirth ball... I like it, would it drop them to lv 5 or drop them a certain number of levels? you could make several legendary (i wouldnt say all) require the ball... or even have a lv 100 fight that requires the ball... so you have a hard time beating it then catch it with the ball and (if if drops to lv 5) you would have to start all over lol

if we wanted to do some math, it could drop them a random large percentage of their current level... like 60-95%... so a lv 20 could end up at 2 or 8... a lv 100 could end up at 5 or 25 or even 40 (so their current lv would not depict what level they end up at after you catch them)

it would be a bad choice of ball for low level pokes but a great choice if you wanted to train legendaries... and I have no qualms making it a x2 (ultraball) because of its "negative" side effect (especially on lower level pokemon)

I have several members of another forum working up a story for a hack they want me to make... this would be a great addition to it (as it is its own story, it can have new elements)

As far as story goes, I think it could use some scientific / ecological project; something like "Some Pokemon in the wild are getting too strong and becoming a menace to humans and pokemon alike in some regions. We've developed a ball that can weaken them enough for a young trainer to tame them so they're no longer a threat". Given a story like that you can easily understand why pokemon captured with that ball get so weak, and so you won't need too much "in-game" explanation as to why not to use them on weak pokemon.

The math sounds good enough, and it would imply that the highest level pokemon could be found a bit earlier in the game, as they would get a reasonable weakening with the ball. i'm wondering though if it would be good to de-evolve some pokemon too (only the ones that evolve by leveling-up) as to make the rebirth effect more realistic.

Edit: of course, all of this doesn't need to necessarily be the main focus of the story, but it could be added as a secondary-still-kinda-necessary objective, as I said, there could be certain pokemon (not too many because it would get old quickly) blocking the road at some points, they can even be the starters you didn't get to choose at the beginning of the game.

Edit2: this can also be used to need some backtracking, if you can get free Rebirth balls at a lab whenever you've run out of them, since the "negative" effect will keep most trainers from over-use them anyways, specially if they actually want their lvl 40 fearow to stay that way. And the number you get could get higher after each RamPoke (Rampaging Pokemon) you captured. Say they give you one ball to start, and right after you find a Venasaur blocking your way, so you have to use it, then you go back and they entrust you with 5 new balls because you captured a RamPoke, and you can use the ball in any pokemon you want, but if you get a new RamPoke and go back, they'll give you 10 balls this time, and so on. Or instead of backtracking you could add "aides" at some cities or maybe use Oak's computer (or add a new one if it's possible) to report your progress and get the balls. If you make it so there are only 2 or 3 RamPokes in the way, you can just make them start selling you the Rebirth-balls after you captured the last RamPoke.

EDIT:
maybe there is a Safari zone "like" event where you go in agians a bunch of REALLY high lv pokemon, (like 90-100) and you can only use these balls, maybe they are rare and the only way to catch them is in this event... (like chansey in the current safari event)

This could be a really cool add-on, but I still like the idea of making the Rebirth-ball have a certain importance in the story, at least at certain points where it's more of a must than a choice to catch a pokemon with that ball. This safari-zone could be like a "quarantine" where way too many pokemon have gone on a rampage so they're isolated and only certified trainers (with a few badges, pokemon league, or maybe just a special permission from the professor) are allowed to go in.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
An easy way to find it is stay on a patch of grass close to a building (i did this on cerulean, right before the bike road) so you just keep entering and exiting that building while checking if the legendary dog is in the grass.

Also, if you already have one of the dogs, you can use a repel to only find the legendary. If you're using an emulator, savestates come in handy as you can just save before checking if the dog is there, if it is, you load and change your first pokemon to one that can keep it from running away. I don't know if this works with in-game saving too, though.

As far as story goes, I think it could use some scientific / ecological project; something like "Some Pokemon in the wild are getting too strong and becoming a menace to humans and pokemon alike in some regions. We've developed a ball that can weaken them enough for a young trainer to tame them so they're no longer a threat". Given a story like that you can easily understand why pokemon captured with that ball get so weak, and so you won't need too much "in-game" explanation as to why not to use them on weak pokemon.

The math sounds good enough, and it would imply that the highest level pokemon could be found a bit earlier in the game, as they would get a reasonable weakening with the ball. i'm wondering though if it would be good to de-evolve some pokemon too (only the ones that evolve by leveling-up) as to make the rebirth effect more realistic.

Edit: of course, all of this doesn't need to necessarily be the main focus of the story, but it could be added as a secondary-still-kinda-necessary objective, as I said, there could be certain pokemon (not too many because it would get old quickly) blocking the road at some points, they can even be the starters you didn't get to choose at the beginning of the game.

Edit2: this can also be used to need some backtracking, if you can get free Rebirth balls at a lab whenever you've run out of them, since the "negative" effect will keep most trainers from over-use them anyways, specially if they actually want their lvl 40 fearow to stay that way. And the number you get could get higher after each RamPoke (Rampaging Pokemon) you captured. Say they give you one ball to start, and right after you find a Venasaur blocking your way, so you have to use it, then you go back and they entrust you with 5 new balls because you captured a RamPoke, and you can use the ball in any pokemon you want, but if you get a new RamPoke and go back, they'll give you 10 balls this time, and so on. Or instead of backtracking you could add "aides" at some cities or maybe use Oak's computer (or add a new one if it's possible) to report your progress and get the balls. If you make it so there are only 2 or 3 RamPokes in the way, you can just make them start selling you the Rebirth-balls after you captured the last RamPoke.

This could be a really cool add-on, but I still like the idea of making the Rebirth-ball have a certain importance in the story, at least at certain points where it's more of a must than a choice to catch a pokemon with that ball. This safari-zone could be like a "quarantine" where way too many pokemon have gone on a rampage so they're isolated and only certified trainers (with a few badges, pokemon league, or maybe just a special permission from the professor) are allowed to go in.

All of that is really good, I wouldnt do Oaks lab, I would have a different lab tho, a short ways into the game (not all the way on cinnabar) that is having issues with the rampaging pokemon and developed the ball, you wont be able to pass whatever town the lab is in due to the massive powerhouse blocking the path. and that could be when you use the first ball... and deffiately devolve them... to whatever pokemon they would be at that level... I would have em backtrack... just cause im mean like that ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Lol, yeah, something like that would be good, but it would have to be a location that doesn't have multiple ways around (I never liked how ilogical was that TWO snorlax happened to be sleeping right in middle of opposite roads). In fact, and maybe i'm going too far, you could make up something like this:

1) You get to Rock Tunnel as usual, and can't go in because there's a RamPoke in the entrance; hence you try to fight it, ignorant of what you just got in.

2) Then someone (that appears after your pokemon faint or you run, or interrupts you before you battle) tells you it's an impossible to beat pokemon and there's a pokelab close to the tunnel where they're investigating wild pokemon like that.

3) Then he takes you to the surf zone and guides you around the way to the pokelab (aka power plant). Sidenote: idk if it's possible to automate the surf animation despite not having a surf pokemon yourself, otherwise, you can just make an alternate path for that one ocassion.

4) Once there, you go in and find a scientific in the last room (or the first, up to you if you want to leave Zapdos untouched, as you can just leave the wild pokemon there explaining the scientists are "investigating them in their habitat". Not so illogical, really). That scientific explains everything about RamPokes and the Rebirth ball.

The whole travel back and forth between the lab and the tunnel could be made with a trigger-guy standing on the shore of where you are, so you talk to him, and he takes you there. Once you get Surf yourself, he vanishes (or not, he just won't take you anymore).

Edit: I'm unsure if there's a way to lose a battle (aside of rival's first battle) and not reappear on a pokecenter; but maybe you could apply the same kind of code for the Ghosts in lavender, where it says your pokemon are too scared to do anything, so you can never attack and pokeballs fail so you choose to run. That's when someone appears and takes you to the lab.

Edit2: Alternative, so you can forget about the whole "take me back to the tunnel, take me back to the lab, take me back to the tunnel again": Use Zapdos. He's in front of the rock tunnel the first time, and when you get to the lab you're told he flew back to the deepest part of the lab, so you get your first Rebirth ball; then you go all the way and capture it. Then you get your 5 balls and are taken to the rock tunnel, now you can't come back until you have Surf.

I think this works well enough, since despite catching a legendary bird way before you should be able to, you get a "weakened" one, so you won't be overpower anytime soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
-UPDATE (1.21)-
Final update... no more work will be done on this hack... EVERYPokemon has been double checked as obtainable, a few new events have been added, (a celebi event in berry forest, try killing celebi before you catch it)

also a players guide has been completed... use it... its got the locations of every pokemon, item, and tm in the game... aswell as an indepth walkthrough of every event... here is a link to the guide:
http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/resources/Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20%281.21%29%20Official%20Players%20Guide.rar

The final release has been added to the first post... download it NAO ;)

its safe to use with all previous gamesaves...

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Not sure if it's my problem alone, but i just tried playing the new patch, (on a fresh rom of course) and it detects my save file as corrupted, backing to a save prior to that one. Also, the save states can't be loaded on it. I'm using vba-m svn956.

The only work around i have is to use the rom i was using until now to load a state and save a couple of times, so the new rom will take one as corrupt and load the save i had just before that one.

Edit: in fact, is not a compatibility problem between versions; I just tried saving in-game with the new rom, and then reloaded... save file was corrupt, but savestates worked. So i had to delete the original .sav, reload with savestate and create a new .sav from there, now it works. So, if anyone else has problems, just do that once and you won't have to worry anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Not sure if it's my problem alone, but i just tried playing the new patch, (on a fresh rom of course) and it detects my save file as corrupted, backing to a save prior to that one. Also, the save states can't be loaded on it. I'm using vba-m svn956.

The only work around i have is to use the rom i was using until now to load a state and save a couple of times, so the new rom will take one as corrupt and load the save i had just before that one.

thats possibly the strangest thing I have ever herd... it says your current .sav is corrupt... then loads your previous one? even if you have saved it using the current rom it still says its corrupt...

I had a small issue getting my save to load, so I saved it as a sgm (save state) and loaded that (worked fine) then saved using the current 1.21

it just did not recognize my first save, it worked fine after that... even when I moved it to a new folder and tried again with the old .sav it worked

I would appreciate anyone elses issues with this saving... (i hope that is an isolated incident and you can get it resolved)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Yeah, as I added later, i was able to fix it somehow. Not sure what the cause was anyways, but I do hope it was just an isolated case.

Edit: in fact, is not a compatibility problem between versions; I just tried saving in-game with the new rom, and then reloaded... save file was corrupt, but savestates worked. So i had to delete the original .sav, reload with savestate and create a new .sav from there, now it works. So, if anyone else has problems, just do that once and you won't have to worry anymore.

On another hand, I just checked your guide and i want to correct a little mistake; in the guide you say the move tutor in Two island will only teach your Charizard, Venasaur or Blastoise the ultimate technique if they are the starter given by Oak..

I can tell this is not true because I captured a Ghastly when i began this game and then captured a Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander, both Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolved to their final stage and learned Hidro Cannon and Frenzy plant respectively. The only thing i needed was to have maximum friendship with them. I haven't tried raising another Bulbasaur (and won't either, i'm too lazy for that) to see if it would learn the move too, but I'm training my Charmander so I can get Blast Burn when it evolves and then I'll see if she gets new text saying it's no longer possible to take a pokemon to her or not.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
lol wow...

i tried it with my charizard... and I guess we werent friends enough... cause she wouldnt let me have the move... but I just tried again... and she is letting me have it...

not that ill change it or anything... chances are another bulbasaur would be able to learn it...
(you should see all the flat out wrong info in the official prima guide for fire red)

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
This is kinda cool but maybe you should change the trainer sprite and change the palettes and everything on the map! I'll wait for this though! ^_^

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
(you should see all the flat out wrong info in the official prima guide for fire red)

Right? They only tell you how they want it to happen, not the little loopholes they put in the code. For example, the Gen II legendary beasts are not released until after you give Cielo both the Ruby and the Sapphire. They never tell you this in the guide, they just say it is after beating the Elite Four and getting the national Pokedex. I'm so glad you made your guide that tells the truth.... Damn Game Freak.... Lying to us!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
This is kinda cool but maybe you should change the trainer sprite and change the palettes and everything on the map! I'll wait for this though! ^_^

I wanted to keep it close to the nintendo game, I was not making my own game, I was simply adding content to their game, no need to change the sprite or tiles...

maybe when I make my own game Ill work on new tiles and stuff.

Years
I must say, thank you thank you thank you! I've been looking for the longest time for a FireRed hack that made all pokemon catchable in one game without significantly changing anything else. I was going to try making my own, but just never found the time to make a decent one. (Also, love the addition of the "catch your starter" option. It will be perfect for the Nuzlock challenge!)

[edit]

So shortly before going to the pokemon tower, I was reading some of the Lavender Town creepypastas (in the middle of the night, with all the lights off, just because what the hell, it's supposed to be haunted, may as well get myself a little bit creeped out before I go in...) and came across the Buried Alive creepypasta, and so, naturally (missing the fact that it was only supposed to be in the original games, and not FireRed), tried to find it.

Let me just say, I am so glad I didn't find it before reading that you had actually added it in. I probably would have legit had a heart attack, haha.

(and I was only one square away from finding it too, before I chickened out...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Found a problem. If you see the dog that's outside of the Diglett Cave while training in the patch of grass just outside of Pewter City, it's gone by the time you can reach it. Was that intentional?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Found a problem. If you see the dog that's outside of the Diglett Cave while training in the patch of grass just outside of Pewter City, it's gone by the time you can reach it. Was that intentional?

yes it was intentional ;)

it will return much later in the game.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2013
i dont find any reasson to keep playing these hack, when i am 30 minites at the safari zone and try to catch a dratini. 30 minites 3 encounters and every hit was not even close.
30 MINITES FOR THE STARTER POKEMON TNX DUDE for the 30 lost minites from my life

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
i dont find any reasson to keep playing these hack, when i am 30 minites at the safari zone and try to catch a dratini. 30 minites 3 encounters and every hit was not even close.
30 MINITES FOR THE STARTER POKEMON TNX DUDE for the 30 lost minites from my life

Really bro, this is rediculous. You had a chance to have a starter given to you, but you proceeded to say no and decided to catch your own. That was your choice. You know catching pokemon is tough. Especially a Dratini. So shut your mouth and man up.

Also, I played his game and caught a machop for a starter on the third encounter after 5 minutes. So, I call BS on 30 minutes with 3 encounters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
30 MINITES FOR THE STARTER POKEMON

well dratini has a low encounter rate... and his capture rate for safari events is the same as it is in the real safari zone (ill assume you did not know you could catch him in the real safari zone... you probably always buy your dratini) he is challenging to capture...

TNX DUDE for the 30 lost minites from my life
your very welcome, glad it was challenging enough for you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
Look man. Amazing. The only word that comes to mind, but I have one minor problem.
I like to play pokemon on my ipod using the gpsphone emutlater but I can't save because it will over ride my leaf green and fire red (which i have spent 100 hours on)
Will this be fixed ever. I don't mind playing on my pc but its so much easier on the ipod.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Look man. Amazing. The only word that comes to mind, but I have one minor problem.
I like to play pokemon on my ipod using the gpsphone emutlater but I can't save because it will over ride my leaf green and fire red (which i have spent 100 hours on)
Will this be fixed ever. I don't mind playing on my pc but its so much easier on the ipod.

I am working on it... I think there is a simple solution in there somewhere... ima work on it more later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back