• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
They replaced Mewtwo with Lucario so why not? I still feel like adding Chrom or Lucina would be a pretty good thing, regardless if they replace one of the characters from the past FE games. I was just putting out what I thought would most likely be the case, no need to sound so harsh bro.

Anyway I just saw a video of Sakurai playing Smash 4 with a gamecube-like controller, which makes me very happy because it would've been hard to play competitively with a Wii-U controller. I'm also glad Sakurai decided not to add trippings because that was just stupid lol. Hopefully this game will be as fast paced as Melee.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
They replaced Mewtwo with Lucario so why not? I still feel like adding Chrom or Lucina would be a pretty good thing, regardless if they replace one of the characters from the past FE games. I was just putting out what I thought would most likely be the case, no need to sound so harsh bro.
If you read my previous post, you learn that Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Lucario, because they were originally planned to coexist in the Brawl roster just like there was originally going to be 3 Fire Emblem reps with Roy's return. Chrom or Lucina can't be in SSB4 by themselves due to having their niches done by Ike and Marth respectively, so the only logical way for them differentiate from them is to pair them up together, just like in Awakening, but they face competition with Roy, who is requested by Japanese fans to come back along with Mewtwo, as well as 3DS limitations on duo teams that Sakurai has revealed. Plus, Sakurai expressed his dislike on cutting characters.

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
That's if the roster is limited in SSB4, which I hope it isn't, the more characters the more fun it'll be. Since Sakurai doesn't like cutting off characters then I'm pretty sure there will be a return of Melee and Brawl characters. I didn't know Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl actually, I knew about Roy though xD But since neither of them were added idc but it would be nice for them to return. I sincerely hope they keep Lucas(doubt it) and Toon Link, or at least a "young link" clone, in the new game's roster because those are my current mains for Project M/Brawl. I'm not so worried about anyone else, I'll just wait and see when I get the game myself.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I can't wait for SSB4! All the previous versions of this series were big hits for me and the rest of the gaming world, and I'm positive this one will be no different. To add a quick summary of my opinions from the other leaks from earlier in the thread, I can't wait to knock people out with Villager, and adding Sonic was a great move on their part. The fitness trainer is a unique call, and I'm going to wait to the game's release before I judge too harshly, but it could be a success or a bust. One character doesn't make or break a game, fortunately for them, and so I excitingly await this game. :]

As for the most recent information, I agree that the cast shouldn't be limited, as the way the game is played, adding more characters won't hinder any aspect of it, and so why not?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I can't wait for SSB4! All the previous versions of this series were big hits for me and the rest of the gaming world, and I'm positive this one will be no different. To add a quick summary of my opinions from the other leaks from earlier in the thread, I can't wait to knock people out with Villager, and adding Sonic was a great move on their part. The fitness trainer is a unique call, and I'm going to wait to the game's release before I judge too harshly, but it could be a success or a bust. One character doesn't make or break a game, fortunately for them, and so I excitingly await this game. :]

As for the most recent information, I agree that the cast shouldn't be limited, as the way the game is played, adding more characters won't hinder any aspect of it, and so why not?

We don't know if Sonic is back yet. :P

Years
Nintendo All Star! Dairantō Smash Brothers Discussion

Has anyone had ever played the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros? I heard that the Japenese version had some differences that were even removed or changed in the American version. Can anyone tell me what those differences are? I really would like to play it to see if its good or bad.

BrandoSheriff

Years
Has anyone had ever played the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros? I heard that the Japenese version had some differences that were even removed or changed in the American version. Can anyone tell me what those differences are? I really would like to play it to see if its good or bad.

The only ones I really know of is that they all retain the "GAME SET" from the original and that Mewtwo talked in his victory poses in Melee.

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
I can't wait to get this game for the 3DS... Pokemon and this game, they are the only reasons I am keeping the handheld device.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
We don't know if Sonic is back yet. :P

Hmm, I must've been given some faulty information. It would be pretty out of the ordinary for them to leave Sonic out. He's such an iconic character, I would honestly be appalled if they decided to take him out. I'm sure there's another character that they could take out to keep the blue hedgehog in.

Sir Servine

Who wants poffins? :3
Years
I think the Pokemon Trainer is going to return, but with a different set of starters. It'd most likely be Gen 5 or 6. :o

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I think the Pokemon Trainer is going to return, but with a different set of starters. It'd most likely be Gen 5 or 6. :o
As much as I like to see that happen, it won't because the Kanto starters are too iconic to be replaced along with the lack of le sneaky pebbles in Smash Bros. to hurt Charizard.

Years
I don't think that Pokemon Trainer will return. It will probably be a Pokemon that can change into another form, to act as another Pokemon.

Ex. Mewtwo could return and turn into MegaMewtwo and Lucario could return and turn into MegaLucario. I brought them up because they're very popular and they were in previous Smash Bros games.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Metroid Other M stage confirmed!

super_smash_bros_metroid_stage.jpg

But on the verge of metroid characters, I'm not sure if there's anyone that can be qualified other than Samus.

BrandoSheriff

Years
Metroid Other M stage confirmed!

super_smash_bros_metroid_stage.jpg

But on the verge of metroid characters, I'm not sure if there's anyone that can be qualified other than Samus.

Yeah, that's the Geothermal Power Plant where you fought Ridley! Awesome! After seeing this stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, I was hoping it would be a stage in the next Smash Bros! Maybe Ridley will appear as a stage hazard like in that game as well. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Yeah, that's the Geothermal Power Plant where you fought Ridley! Awesome! After seeing this stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, I was hoping it would be a stage in the next Smash Bros! Maybe Ridley will appear as a stage hazard like in that game as well. xD

Ridley's legion of space pirates would have to disagree with you.

The way Sakurai describes this stage is definitely trolling Ridley's role in SSB4 for the fans.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
In SSBB4 news:

super_mario_galaxy_ssb_stage.jpg

Poooosibly a Galaxy stage or something. Maybe super Mario galaxy. Also hooray for Kirby's hammer!
I'm probably gonna play as Kirby more. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think that's Rainbow Road. If it was, then the background would've been completely black. It would have had some small, white stars as well. We may get a Rainbow Road stage in one of the future SSB games, but we're not going to get one in this game, most likely.

Anyway, that picture kind of reminds me of the place where you've fought Demise in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. xD It could be either that, or it could be a place from Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's a rumor I found on 4chan saying that this week on Wednesday or Thursday, there will be a Nintendo Direct with a new SSB4 trailer featuring Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Peach as our returning veterans and Wonder Red as our newcomer. The trailer will also show N's Castle from the 3DS version and Honeyhive Galaxy from the Wii U version. The rumor was posted this Monday, but I would take it with a grain of salt since tomorrow is Wednesday and Nintendo hasn't announced a Direct yet.

Back