• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Are you using the most recent version? If you aren't I suggest that first. If you are, it's an easy fix on my end.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm assuming 1.3 is the latest version, in which case, I am using that one.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Thanks for the quick response. I'm assuming 1.3 is the latest version, in which case, I am using that one.

Hm. Try downloading it again and patching it to a new rom. I just tested it and I didn't encounter that problem.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
This is annoying me because I really want to play this hack. I've re-downloaded the ROM that you said to use, patched it again, and still freezing. This happens on emulator and on a flashcart.

What happens is the door opens but the Rival does not emerge from the house, so I'm stuck there.

Edit: I've just tested on my own hack and I don't think I'm applying the patch properly.

Last edited:

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
This is annoying me because I really want to play this hack. I've re-downloaded the ROM that you said to use, patched it again, and still freezing. This happens on emulator and on a flashcart.

What happens is the door opens but the Rival does not emerge from the house, so I'm stuck there.

Figured out what went wrong. Its fixed now. You'll have to redownload the patch, but now it will work.

Now I hope all of the freezing issues are fixed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Yes, thankfully whatever it was you did has worked.

Looks to be a lot of fun with some bonus difficulty. Thanks for getting on this and fixing my issue so quickly.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
found yet ANOTHER freeze. RIGHT after you catch Giratina, it freezes. just a buzzing sound, and you can't move. i was SO CLOSE to getting out of that STUPID Distortion World, and then...THIS. help!

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Okay, the new patch will fix the issue of freezing in the Distortion World. It's a problem I actually encountered before and had corrected. Guess it popped up again without me realizing it. Here's hoping that all freezing issues are fixed!

I've decided to include a Changelog document with the patch. It details all of the changes from the last patch to this one. It'll be updated when the next patch is released which will (hopefully) be the release of the Challenge Mode patch, which is Flawless Platinum with increased difficulty.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Just about to upgrade to v1.4, will I be able to continue with my current Save or will I need to start again?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Awesome, it works as you said.

Two freezes to report sadly (nothing gamebreaking, I had them on 1.3 but wanted to see if it would be fixed on 1.4 first).
1. Canalave City, the Fisherman near the boat to Iron Island. Game freezes when I try to initiate conversation.
2. Suicune encounter, the game freezes again as soon as I press A to start the battle.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Awesome, it works as you said.

Two freezes to report sadly (nothing gamebreaking, I had them on 1.3 but wanted to see if it would be fixed on 1.4 first).
1. Canalave City, the Fisherman near the boat to Iron Island. Game freezes when I try to initiate conversation.
2. Suicune encounter, the game freezes again as soon as I press A to start the battle.

They are most likely small script errors. I'll get to work fixing them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
A couple of other minor things I thought I should point out.

1. Just as I was about to enter Spear Pillar, there was an NPC identical to my player character. Trying to talk to him froze my game.

2. The route with Latios and Latias. The overworld sprites were fine but both battles were with Latias.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
A couple of other minor things I thought I should point out.

1. Just as I was about to enter Spear Pillar, there was an NPC identical to my player character. Trying to talk to him froze my game.

2. The route with Latios and Latias. The overworld sprites were fine but both battles were with Latias.

Ah shoot. The NPC was from when I was trying to get something to work. Thought I'd gotten rid of it. The Lati thing was an error I thought had been corrected. Both are fixed now.

Okay, I'm happy to announce that the next Patch is available. Why is it 2.0 instead of 1.5? Well, this is the second major release of this hack. Challenge Mode, the increased difficulty version, is now available.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
I can't seem to find Ho-Oh or Groudon I've looked at the Special Encounters.Doc and still no luck.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
I have a one thing: Poke Radar may be received before Elite Four or after?

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
I can't seem to find Ho-Oh or Groudon I've looked at the Special Encounters.Doc and still no luck.
I have to guess you just didn't go to the correct area to find Ho-Oh. Its there, I checked. However, the script is missing for Groudon, so I've got to fix that as well as a few unnoticed errors. Should be rectified later today.

I have a one thing: Poke Radar may be received before Elite Four or after?
Before, and actually just after getting the Pokedex. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man directly in front of the counter.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
I've found Ho-Oh since then that was just my own personal thickness but I'm glad that I was right about Groudon. I was losing my mind in that mountain.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2014
Before, and actually just after getting the Pokedex. You get it in the Sandgem Pokemon Center from the old man directly in front of the counter.

But when can I start using it? :(
I tried to use it and the echoed voice from the professor came out -_-

Back