• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What moves do you get the most frustrated with?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
What I mean is when you are battling and the opposing pokemon uses one of those moves that just frustrates you during battle. If that makes sense. XD

Basically, for me, it would be moves like Attract, moves that paralyze or simply just make it hard to battle. They frustrate me so much. It just makes battling so difficult!

So what about you?

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
Nothing, and I mean nothing, was as bad as wrap or bind in RBY. Being completely unable to attack for around 5 turns. You were allowed to select a move, but never use it.

Attract, Paralysis, Accuracy Lowering Attacks all allow you a (small) chance to attack. Not the old Wrap. Made me hate training before the 2nd badge against Ekans.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Same as you; any status inflicting moves. Confusion especially, because attacking yourself just sucks. SWAGGER, ugh.

I also dislike Curse. You lose so much HP. =S

I forgot about curse, especially playing against Morty in SOul Silver. Ugh. I thought my Togetic was going to faint because of that move. D:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
When my friend used to use his Absol on Diamond WIFI against me, ME FIRST.
I HATE me first, it always wipes out half my team before I get a chance to attack. But now I play a bit more strategically so it isnt that much of a problem anymore.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Roost is my biggest frustrating move used against me (my main reason that I dislike bird Pokemon) it always seems to restore about 2/3rds of their health.

My other annoying moves (at least when they are used against me) are the ones that Beyond Infinity mentioned above (except for Paralysis though)
Attract, Paralysis, Accuracy Lowering Attacks all allow you a (small) chance to attack.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Supersonic. Whenever I'm in a battle and the opponent uses this move, my Pokémon get immediately confused. This reduces my chance of damaging the opponent's Pokémon significantly and also makes it easier for me to lose health, which is quite upsetting. d: I'm not such a big fan of DynamicPunch, either. It damages you and leaves you confused at the same time. Isn't that annoying? Most Machamp use DynamicPunch, as they have the No Guard ability. No Guard makes sure that you always get your attack landed onto the opponent, regardless of how low the accuracy is. Along with Supersonic and DynamicPunch, I also dislike Spore. This move is just… ugh. ): Once you're struck by it, you are guaranteed to fall asleep, and wouldn't wake up until two - three turns. This gives your opponent enough time to have you taken down.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Protect, seeing as it's pointless to give the AI, but Game Freak do so anyway.
The most frustrating move as used by players would of course be Stealth Rock. That move should not be as widely usable as it is. Few things can use (Toxic) Spikes; the same should be true of Stealth Rock.

Guest123_x1

The moves I have the most frustration with are trapping moves like Wrap and Bind-especially in Gen. I-opponents would spam these moves if your Pokémon was particularly slow, making it impossible to move-and these moves would last at least 4 turns or more. Yet when I used these moves-they rarely lasted more than 3 turns.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Usually any move that has a chance of missing, but obviously not literally like the pathetic DoubleSlap. Moves such as Swagger, Thunder, Sleep Powder and DynamicPunch are some notable annoyances.

Years
I have the absolute worst luck with ice beam, Usually getting frozen at an abnormally high rate. I remember facing this Blissey a while back who would freeze me every 2-3 ice beams.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Roost and Milk Drink; I'm glad only the gym leaders use them, but seriously, regaining a bunch of HP without using an item is just BS.

Also, the AI never uses Protect correctly and that gets annoying. (seriously, use it after Focus Energy or something, not in the middle of my Wing Attack spamming)

Years
Whenever an opponent uses Protect when I'm about to attack, that drives me crazy. Oh, and Confuse Ray and the other moves that give your Pokémon status conditions. You use a Full Heal or other item to clear it up, then they may go right back and use Confuse Ray, etc all over again.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Frustration.

(Sorry JK)

Thunder Wave
Hypnosis
Rest
Confuse Ray
Most status inflicting moves. Also moves with hax like Iron Head.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Splash. just...ugh. Why? Why does such a useless move exist? No other move annoys me as much as splash. Just a big, fat, waste of everyone's time.
Then you have Roar, Whirlwind, and Protect. Just. No. No, GameFreak. No. ):<

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Things that become more powerful when the other team is hurt, like rage and retaliate. In Mystery Dungeon, I don't attack protected Pokémon until protect wears off, but my friend Pokémon don't seem to get that and just waste PP.

Back