• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
hi everyone im looking for some help and advice regarding some pokemon trading cards.
can anyone help me to determine if they are worth anything
ive attached a picture of one of them
it seems to have mor power than all the other venomoths ive seen ,this has 120 where all the others ive seen have either 10 or 30.
is this a rare card? also it is a hologram card
thanks guys

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
hi everyone im looking for some help and advice regarding some pokemon trading cards.
can anyone help me to determine if they are worth anything
ive attached a picture of one of them
it seems to have mor power than all the other venomoths ive seen ,this has 120 where all the others ive seen have either 10 or 30.
is this a rare card? also it is a hologram card
thanks guys
That is absoutly a fake card sorry. :(

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
thanks for telling me ,now that you have said that it is slighty smaller than all the others .
ive got well over a thousand to look through they have been sat in a cupboard for a few years is there anywhere I can check them out to see if they are worth keeping or selling

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Hi, how much is a Mewtwo card (egypt) from the 2nd movie worth now? i have it 20 times

Years
Hi, how much is a Mewtwo card (egypt) from the 2nd movie worth now? i have it 20 times

You mean Ancient Mew?

AncientMewThePowerofOnepromo.jpg

That seems to be going for between $3 and $5 in US dollars, at least in the US.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Good day to those that frequent this forum. I've just made an account for the purpose of asking someone a favor on here.

As a kid (like so many of my age), I collected Pokémon cards. Today I decided to see if I could find my cards, and I did. I don't have a huge collection but I do have some holos and some rares that might still be worth something. I was wondering if someone on her would be willing to take a look at my collection (mostly Neo Genesis cards and some Base 1 or 2 cards I think, nothing First Edition so no crazy rares) and give an estimate as to what it might be worth as a whole.

I didn't want to just jot down my entire collection in here and ask for it without introduction, cause that seems a bit rude to me. So therefore I'm asking if someone would be willing to take a little of their time and have a look at my cards.

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Nohman

Years
Good day to those that frequent this forum. I've just made an account for the purpose of asking someone a favor on here.

As a kid (like so many of my age), I collected Pokémon cards. Today I decided to see if I could find my cards, and I did. I don't have a huge collection but I do have some holos and some rares that might still be worth something. I was wondering if someone on her would be willing to take a look at my collection (mostly Neo Genesis cards and some Base 1 or 2 cards I think, nothing First Edition so no crazy rares) and give an estimate as to what it might be worth as a whole.

I didn't want to just jot down my entire collection in here and ask for it without introduction, cause that seems a bit rude to me. So therefore I'm asking if someone would be willing to take a little of their time and have a look at my cards.

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Nohman

I may be able to price them out in small numbers (like individual batches of 4 - pricing any more than that in one go starts to get boring) if you post a few here.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
KYUREM EX MEW EX

Can anyone tell me how much kyurem EX and Mew EX are worth pack wise.....????

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Is the Nidoking 1st Edition as well or no? And is it also from the Base Set?

1st Edition Shadowless Base Set Blastoise: $50 to $70.

yup

both are base and 1st edition

found a zapdos as well NM 1st edition base

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 6, 2014
I know about the 4 card rule, I just thought that maybe someone wants to take a look on my Pikachu card collection and estimate it's worth. Here is a picture of all of the cards:

Spoiler:

The card that you can't see is the Pokemon Movie Pikachu card, as seen here:

Spoiler:

EDIT: I saw now that the images are quite big so it might be easier to see them if you right click on them and open the image in a new tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I know about the 4 card rule, I just thought that maybe someone wants to take a look on my Pikachu card collection and estimate it's worth. Here is a picture of all of the cards:

Spoiler:

The card that you can't see is the Pokemon Movie Pikachu card, as seen here:

Spoiler:

EDIT: I saw now that the images are quite big so it might be easier to see them if you right click on them and open the image in a new tab.

I've edited your post to put the picture in spoiler tabs to make the page easier to read for people, but I can tell you that basically all of your ones that are promos from the Black Star promo sets are between $1 and $3 each.

As for the rest, it varies, but most of the common ones are about $0.25 - $0.50 apiece. The secret rare ones are probably worth $5 to $10, but that's just me taking a stab in the dark.

If you'd like to share your pictures elsewhere to have the cards talked about, though, there's a Showcase Thread right here that you can post them in: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=317280

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Recently came across a

Base raichu, nm as can be, not shadowless, but a square cut card.

Japanese shining gyarados, but the entire card is glossy. It's my first japanese shining pokemon so idk what the card is supposed to look like

Years
Recently came across a

Base raichu, nm as can be, not shadowless, but a square cut card.

Japanese shining gyarados, but the entire card is glossy. It's my first japanese shining pokemon so idk what the card is supposed to look like

The non-shadowless Raichu is one of those cards that is in known Base Set sheets that have been circulating among collectors, particularly those that people have been paying to have cut. There are no recent completed listings for it, but posted listings are asking for $50. Personally, I think that's quite high for one, given that the 1st Edition version normal cut of that card sits somewhere between $25 and $30.

As for the Japanese Shining Gyarados, I cannot confirm or deny whether they're supposed to be glossy since I've not seen any myself, but the successful listings of the Japanese version on eBay are all over the $40 to $70 range right now. From the listings, it does look like it's supposed to be at least a little glossy, though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
What to charge for 1081 Pokemon cards?

I have no interest in Pokemon anymore. I have 1081 pokemon cards I want to sell. I want to know what a good price is to sell them for.

Here are some notable cards that are in the collection.

Japanese Pocket Monsters Pichu
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Electrabuzz
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Mewtwo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Energy
Japanese Pocket Monstors Poliwhirl (Daimond) (Uncommon)
(2x) Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Dragonite
(2x) Original Zapdos (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Charizard
Original Mew
Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer
(2x) Original Moltres (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Entai
Original Articuno (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Blastoise (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Jolteon (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Pokemon 4 ever Suicune
Japanese Pocket Monsters Mantine
Original Dragonite (Star) (Rare)
(2x) Original Dragonair (Star) (Rare)
Original Flareon (Star) (Rare)
Original Houndoom (Star) (Rare)
Dark Primape (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Absol EX

I was also thinking of selling these with them too.

57 Gray card sleeves
24 Clear Sleeves
1 Card Box
1 Trading Collection Book.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I have no interest in Pokemon anymore. I have 1081 pokemon cards I want to sell. I want to know what a good price is to sell them for.

Here are some notable cards that are in the collection.

Japanese Pocket Monsters Pichu
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Electrabuzz
Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Mewtwo
Japanese Pocket Monsters Energy
Japanese Pocket Monstors Poliwhirl (Daimond) (Uncommon)
(2x) Kids WB Presents Pokemon The First Movie Dragonite
(2x) Original Zapdos (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Charizard
Original Mew
Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer
(2x) Original Moltres (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Entai
Original Articuno (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Blastoise (Star) (Rare)
Japanese Pocket Monsters Jolteon (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Pokemon 4 ever Suicune
Japanese Pocket Monsters Mantine
Original Dragonite (Star) (Rare)
(2x) Original Dragonair (Star) (Rare)
Original Flareon (Star) (Rare)
Original Houndoom (Star) (Rare)
Dark Primape (Daimond) (Uncommon)
Absol EX

I was also thinking of selling these with them too.

57 Gray card sleeves
24 Clear Sleeves
1 Card Box
1 Trading Collection Book.

Thanks!

Well let me say for the "Notable" Cards maybe 50$ to 75$ And the card sleeves won`t make a difference But they will protect the cards if you ship `Em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back