• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Woah! I almost thought this thread was about to die... Well, I'm glad it won't. I was about to reccomend a starter (Seel or Abra to be exact), but Chabz beat me to it. Heh. Good luck with that Jigglypuff if you choose to accept it. I'm ready and anxious to start whenever everyone else is~!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
There seemed to be a dull tapping inside Marvalo's head. He groaned and attempted to roll over before a cold liquid was poured all over his head. He shouted out loud and lurched forward, only to land on his teddy bear. Marvalo looked to his right to see his mother laughing.

"I'm sorry," Angelina Bond said to her oldest son. "I was just going to drip it on you until you woke up, but my hand slipped!"

Something about his mother's tone of voice made Marvalo think that he story was completely untrue. He groaned. Then his eyes widened when he remembered what day it was. It was his tenth birthday, that was something else. Marvalo realised that he was meant to be receiving his starter Pokemon in a couple of hours or minutes. He looked at the blonde-haired lady in front of him. "Mom, what time is it?"

"'Tis only twenty past eleven, dear. You still have forty minutes to get ready."

Only forty minutes. When the ten year old thought about it, it wasn't a lot of time. He contemplated having a shower but decide against it. The boy threw on his normal white polo shirt and shorts after his mom left his bedroom. Marvalo thanked Arceus for the fact that he was staying in a hotel five minutes away from the laboratory he'd be receiving his first Pokemon in. The boy walked into the main room and spied his mother sitting at the table. "Mom, I'm going now, without you. I'm a sensible boy and I know where to go, okay?"

His mom looked up and raised an eyebrow. "If you think I'm letting you go off by yourself without someone older than you, you're sadly mistaken, mister. I'll give you a lift."

Marvalo sighed in frustration. "Fine, but you have to let me go and get my Pokemon by myself."

"Alright, dear."

The car journey was uneventful. When they arrived at the laboratory, Marvalo flatly said good bye to his mom and hopped out of the car. He noticed there were some people standing outside that all looked around his age and he could grasp that he was meant to follow suit. What would Professor Elm hand to him?

OOC: The proper Roleplaying can begin now. This post was to get you all some center of gravity.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
David had only arrived at the laboratory ten minutes ago, now standing at the very end of the medium sized line of future trainers; all of whom were waiting to recieve their starting pokemon. I wonder how the Proffessor is going to give a pokemon to all of us. Hopefully he isn't going to make us all come back another day, I was planning on getting out of here as soon as possible. DJ usually thought to himself , not having a companion to talk to,being the reason; as well as his lack of social skills. A few no name trainers had wandered in the opposite direction, pokeballs now in hand or attached to their waist. Probably the normal starter pokemon and most likely nothing special. With all these trainers, maybe I'll be lucky to get away with an uncommon starter. DJ then began to think about starters he'd like to get: Magby, Glameow, Houndour or maybe even an Absol.

"Fat chance," said DJ aloud to himself, glancing around to see if anyone had heard him. Thankfully no one had, it would have been bad to be considered weird in this large group of new trainers. DJ continued to hope for a decent starter, someone who'd most likely be his truest and longest friend. DJ reached up to his necklace, specially made to hold one pokeball, that was empty but soon to be full. Vivid images of wild pokemon, gym battles and badges began flashing through his mind as the line move forward slightly, but not much. I will make this journey work and I will never give up. More trainers walked by, again with new pokeballs in hand.

Zore

Reaper
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
William stood with the small group of trainers crowded around the Entrance to Elm's lab, smirking slightly and holding himself away from most of the others. His father had helped Professor Elm in capturing this year's starters, because there were so many people there had been too few of the traditional Cyndaquil/Totodile/Chickorita starters to give to everyone. As a result many of the trainers around him would be getting unique starting Pokemon, and William was determined to get the best one.

'Dad said that he and Elm went all the way to Mt. Silver and Kanto to find some of these Pokemon,'
he thought, 'Maybe I can get a Larvitar, or a Dratini. After all, Dad wouldn't let me get a weak Pokemon as my starter.' William hummed slightly as he readjusted his backpack across his back. He began to scan the trainers around him in order to size up his competition. Most of them looked like nothing really special, nervous and frightened as they were. He shook his head slightly, 'It should be no problem for me to excel in this group.'

William hummed some more, looking up briefly as his father called another small group in to receive their starters. His eyes narrowed slightly as he was not called again, 'Maybe they're giving all the really powerful Pokemon to the last group?' William shook his head again, he wouldn't worry.

William shrugged his pack off his shoulders, rummaging for his well-battered copy of Pokemon in Johto. He flipped, almost without thinking, to the entry for New Bark Town and the surrounding woods. Quietly, he began to reread the well-known data, plotting out his eventual Pokemon team all the way up to the Elite four.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Bobby stood among a crowd of young trainers, outside of a lab. He was leaning against a tree looking tired. With a yawn, Bobby looked around and saw young boy step out of a car that had just pulled up. "How many people did this guy invite?" Bobby thought with a chuckle.
I hope I at least get something to beat Jasmine." Bobby said quietly. "Maybe i'll get a Magmar! Or a Salamance!" his imagination going into overdrive. "Wait, if its going to be like my personality, then its probally a Munchlax!" With a smile and his eyes blazing Bobby just hoped it could beat Jasmine.

Thinking of her made Bobby feel homesick, but he knew he had to do this so that he could beat her in a battle.
Bobby started seeing people walk out of the lab with Pokeballs. "I wonder what Pokemon they got..." Bobby said with wonder. "I bet he gave the strongest people their Pokemon first, and is saving the weakest people for last!" Thinking about this didn't bother him. It only made him more determined to make his pokemon the strongest it could be.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
"Aw, come on!" Amelia barked, stamping her foot impatiently on the ground. "How long is this gonna take?"

Noticing she wasn't attracting much attention or making the Professor give them their Pokemon any sooner, the girl sighed pitifully and slumped back against the wall. Yes, the wall. Yet another thing to agitate her: all the seats in the room had been taken by the other trainers. That combined with how early her mother had gotten her up put her in a very displeased mood. Why did she have to get here so early anyways? To stand here an wait for an hour? Her sister, Ameri, got her starter from their grandmother. She didn't have to go through any of this. But not Amelia. She wanted to go to Johto. And she had to get her starter like a regular ten-year-old.

"Hmph," she said simply. It just wasn't fair. If this kind of luck kept up she'd be recieving a Grimer for a starter. Yuck! She shivered a bit at the thought.

Amelia lifted her hand to scratch her head and felt the fabric of the green bandana she'd fit snugly over it. Of course. She remembered putting it on now. To add onto how aggrivating things were going, she was having another "bad-hair-day" as well. Life just couldn't stop annoying her today, could it? When would Prof. Elm just come on already?!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
For the umpteenth time, Emma flipped her fire-red hair over a shoulder with an expression of indifference playing across her face. She'd been there fairly early, taken along with her father to the edge of Johto because her mother thought it would be a good idea for her to get out of the house and see a bit of country. Originally, her father was going to leave her in Pallet Town to get a Pokemon from Oak, but at the idea of perhaps getting a cuter starter from Johto, she feigned interest in the other region until he consented to drop her off there instead. Now, he must have been halfway across the region by then, headed towards Goldenrod City to do some business.

And she was right there, at the edge of the crowd of trainers, just moments away from getting a cute Johto starter.

Glancing towards her fellow trainers, Emma barely hid a smirk. Many of them were boys and therefore, by default in her set of opinions, most likely stupid. The girl she could spot easily looked a little frazzled, with what Emma deemed to be a garish green bandana -- and that hair!

Without a word, her pale hands smoothed her white skirt, and she smiled a little too sweetly. She could wait, and she resolved herself not to show any form of impatience, as if that would prove she was far more mature than her rivals.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Marvalo was surrounded by people taller than him, all pushing against each other, trying to make the line move faster. Although he was scowling, attempting to gain some authority on the crowd of people, he was actually scared that someone bigger than him would push into him and that it would lead to disastrous consequences. The boy brushed his smooth hair off of his sapphire eyes and attempted to peer through the people in front of him so he could see the people nearly running out in happiness from the laboratory, overjoyed at the prospect of having a Pokemon of their own. The ten year old contemplated on taking out his camera and taking a few pictures, but decided against it, just in case someone knocked into him and his camera ended up worse for wear.

Marvalo looked in front of him, there seemed to be a girl at the top of the crowd beside the laboratory doors who seemed pretty enough. He wondered if she had sweet talked her way to get up the front, with girls, you never knew. The door opened and Marvalo (along with dozens of other children) stood on tip toe to get a closer look at the famous professor. Elm, from Marvalo's prospective, was a tad bit more plump than the boy would've though, and the glasses the man wore were much bigger than they seemed on television. The man surveyed the crowd and mumbled to himself, but at that moment in time, everyone had stopped pushing and the ones that were talking had stopped chatting amongst themselves so nearly everybody there (well, the ones that were paying attention anyways) were able to hear what Elm said, "There seems to be a lot of kids today." Once the professor realised everyone had heard him, he opened the door a bit more and allowed a few people to pass through into the laboratory. "I am only allowing thirty people inside, the rest of you will have to wait a while."

Marvalo realised he was not lucky enough to be one of the thirty people that were close enough to the laboratory to be allowed in, but he did know that he was small and he was smart, so why shouldn't he make himself part of the thirty people? The kid began pushing through people, allowing his ego to inflate as he knew that one person that would have been allowed in would now sadly have to wait an hour or two before acquiring his or her first Pokemon. Marvalo pushed past a tanned girl and a ginger boy before seeing the door in front of him. He silently congratulated himself on the feat but didn't allow anyone to see that he was pretty happy with himself as he walked into what seemed to be a waiting room. People seemed to have been told to sit down, so Marvalo followed suit, feeling pretty superior to the people stranded on the outside.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
It was the middle of the night, and Brady snapped his eyes open once again. He flipped over to the side and looked at his digital clock. 3:30, of course. Brady moaned and flipped back over on his back.

It was the third time that night Brady had woke up. The following day he was going to begin his pokemon journey, and he was too excited to sleep. He had been waiting for this special day ever since his father had left exactly a year ago.

Brady managed to fall asleep again, and this time he didn't wake up till 8:00 am. Even though this time was better than 3:30 am, Brady wasn't supposed to be at the lab for another four hours. He decided to get up anyway to get ready for his journey.

When the clock hit 11:45, Brady was ready to leave for the pokemon lab. He bid farewell to his mother and headed towards the pokemon lab with his usual white jacket and khaki pants on.

Brady noticed a crowd of beginner trainers circled around Professor Elm's lab. Brady just groaned and stood in the back. He was too shy to shove himself up to the front. As he waited, another young trainer asked Brady if he was hot in that white jacket. Brady just grunted and looked down at his feet. He was more concerned at what kind of pokemon the professor was going to hand him when he walked inside that lab.

Zore

Reaper
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
By the time Elm came to the door, William was on edge. Dozens of kids had already been given their starters, and worse yet they seemed to have done away with calling people by name; instead dragging the thirty closest to the door in. William hurried, discreetly tripping two of his peers and slipping past several more to squeeze in as the thirtieth kid. Once inside, his father shot him a quizzical look but William just shrugged innocently. He began to look for a place to sit, but the only seat open was next to a tiny boy, one with rather disturbing eyes.

William allowed none of his reservations get the better of him, instead boldly strutting to the seat and giving the other trainers a confident smirk. He sat, slinging his massive Backpack to the floor in front of him. As Elm began to speak, he completely ignored him. The information was basic anyways, and William decided to use the time in a more productive way blatantly pulling out a huge notebook and going over his food calculations for the early part of his journey.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
The sound of the door closing, him mere inches away, had the vein on DJ's head throbbing away. Just couldn't be one of those thirty people, had to get stuck outside to wait even longer. God i hope I get an Onix so I can go take out my frustration on smoe trees or cliffs. This is really getting riddiculous, and I'm going to start using my own Bite and Tackle attacks to get to the front. Even as an eleven year old, DJ displayed the attitude and maturity of a fifteen or sixteen year old. He nudged his way towards the door, and took the last available space on the wall. Some kid started moving in his direction, his eyes darting towards them with an evil glare, and they thought twice before messing with him. Even if he was younger than probably most of the trainers here, DJ knew how to take care of himself and wasn't afraid to pick fights with said older kids. Maybe i'll get a Trophius or a Lapras, and I'll be able to fly the heck out of here before being trampled by the rest of these morons. All I know is this, I'm going to be in the next group of people and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise just might feel a Quick Attack. DJ took this oppertunity to glance around at the remaining trainers, still such a large crowd, even after being there for about an hour or so.

"Half of these people don't even deserve pokemon," muttered DJ to himself, "and I could probably take on about a quarter of the ones who do." DJ was just rambling on to himself, trying to find a way to bide his time. Even if he wasn't the worst trainer here, he most certainly knew he wasn't the best. Talking tough was what he did in order to keep others from pushingg him around, once battling came into play it'd be a completely different story. It'd be the job of his strategy and his pokemons strength that would decide who would challenge him or not.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
As soon as the Professor said thirty people could enter the room, Amelia became one of the many who pushed and shoved through the crowd to join those thirty. Luckilly, she managed to be one of the last, nudging herself past a girl with firey-red hair. Whether or not that girl made it inside, she didn't see, and didn't care. All she cared about was getting in herself.

"Yes!" she exclaimed under her breath, clenching her hands and bouncing on her toes repeatedly as the door slowly came closed. Finally! At last! She would be getting her Pokemon! Her aggrivation began to fade as she thought of her sister, Ameri, and her little Cyndaquil named Soto with flames spouting from his back. That's gonna be me, soon! My own Pokemon!

Amelia cast a curious glance about her, seeing the looks of nervousness and excitement on the faces of the other soon-to-be-trainers. When I have my Pokemon, I'll bet I can beat them all in a battle! The thought gave her even more excitement, and she barely stopped herself from letting out a hyper little squeal of joy. She knew she was getting way too hyped up over this, but it was just too great to be true!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Brady continued to wait with the crowd of people, waiting for the oppurtunity to get in the lab. He kept his hands in his jacket pockets and his eyes gazing down at the ground to aviod eye contact with the many young trainers surrounding him.

After a few minutes he heard squeling and cheering from everybody. Being average sized, Brady managed to see what was going on. The professor had just opened the doors to the lab.

Brady immediatly pushed up to the front of the crowd in hopes of being one of the first people in the lab. Relief filled him when he was picked as one of the thirty allowed in the lab. He saw some extra kids, maybe two or three, sneak into the crowd of kids going into the lab. Brady didn't care; he was getting his first pokemon. He could care less about telling on a kid who didn't feel like waiting.

He then wondered what pokemon he was going to get. He hoped it was a good one to help him on his journey. He was soon going to find out.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Amelia wasn't the only one to push past Emma, and to that, Emma's sweet smile suddenly turned into a scowl, both at the other people for daring to get past her and at herself for letting it happen. Besides, she was clearly the best one there (or at least the one who waited for hours to get a spot near the front), so surely, she should have been the first one in.

"Hey!" she shouted. It was her first slip-up of the day, but she was far too annoyed to correct herself.

Instead, she opted for focusing on pushing past the last few who had just gotten past her to slip past the doors just before they'd close. Being stuck outside was absolutely unacceptable for Emma, and she wouldn't live with herself or her partner if she was among the second wave to get in.

Once inside, she stood at the back of the crowd. She had enough sense to hide her vicious frown from Professor Elm, but she wasn't quite calm enough to regain her previous composure. Instead, she let the other kids shield her from view as she stewed silently while Elm spoke. Eventually, in her meditations in the quiet at the back of the crowd, her temper began to cool.

But she still made a mental note to steal that green bandana when she had a chance.

Years
AlexB1001:

Quote:
Personality: Courtney is a outgoing trainer who is generally pleasant and well-behaved. She can come across as being flirty but honestly she's more interested in Pokémon than the opposite sex. However once she gets into heated battles she can develop a bit of a mean streak.

Needs more personality.

Quote:
History: Courtney Smith was born into a small familiy in Floamora Town. Brought up around flowers and a kind society, Courtney is not extremely accustomed to the city life, but she's learning. Courtney, from a very early age, has had an aptitude with grass-type Pokémon and they are her main choice to fight with. Courtney prefers to develop close bonds with her Pokémon than to use them as fighting machines, and she sees them as equals and friends rather than pets. She prefers to stick to a small team of Pokémon rather than catching as many as she can. She aspires to become part of the Elite Four.

Needs more History.

You are now pending.

i edited both and now they are longer. hope i can be accepted. thanks.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
As he took his first overwhelming look at the line of children outside of Professor Elm's laboratory, Dustin became uncertain as to whether or not he should have traveled so far away to start his journey. New Bark Town seemed to be universes away from Viridian City, even though it had only taken a few minutes to cross the water between the regions, and only about ten to get to Pallet before that.

He looked back at his father, clinging to what he believed was a growing feeling of homesickness.

"Don't worry, Dustin. It'll be fine."

His father put his hand on his shoulder.

"Teddiursa will keep you company."

Dustin then forced a smile. The emotion required for it was definitely present, but it still took effort to grin. He pressed the button on the Pokeball he was gripping so tightly. In a jagged flash of silver-white light, a small, brown-furred bear-like Pokemon stood in front of Dustin, smiling even more than he was.

"Urs!" the Teddiursa said brightly.

That's right, Dustin thought. Even though I don't really want to leave, it's a big chance for me to succeed. I just have to stay happy.

"Thanks, guys," he breathed. "Bye, Dad." As he looked at his father's blue and yellow fish-like Pokemon, he added, "and goodbye to you too, Lanturn. Thanks for the ride."

"Lannn Turn!" the Lanturn replied with his equivalent of you're welcome.

"Now," Dustin's father said, leaning over and nonchalantly brushing a strand of his own long brown hair out of his face, "go over to the other kids and try to make some friends. The more, the merrier."

Dustin nodded and walked off in the general direction of the other children, hoping that his choice to go to Johto was the right one.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
OOC:

Name: Courtney Smith

Did you even read the rules I lay down? All characters must be ten years of age. Also, I don't think your grammar is good enough to roleplay with the others, so you are (yet again) denied.

IC:

The professor began talking and all eyes were fixed on the small man in the white coat. Marvalo noticed that the door was shut and no one else was being allowed inside. He smiled to himself, thinking that he was better than everyone else. The boy's attention was drawn to Elm, as he realised that what the man was saying could be important.

"...But formalities aside, children." Elm had already gone into his speech, it seemed. "You are all here for a reason. In a few minutes, you will all be aspiring trainers, breeders or any other path you may wish to take. I have already decided what Pokemon you are all to have." The professor chuckled to himself when he saw the shocked faces. "You really think I would just give you a Pokemon randomly? No, of course not. I have been in contact with your teachers, friends, parents and anybody else that could help me decide what Pokemon would fit you. It is not an easy task, I can assure all of you." Elm began walking to the left side of the room. Marvalo noticed a door leading into another room beside the professor. "Inside this room, children, is where all the Pokemon are kept. I will call out your names one by one and you will collect your Pokemon. Understood?" Marvalo watched the professor as the other twenty nine people sitting down muttered that they understood. Elm whipped out a notebook from his coat pocket and looked up. "Is Molly Hale here?"

There was a few seconds silence and then people began to look around. Marvalo decided he may as well show that he was the one in control so he stood up, "Sir, I don't think she's one of the thirty that got inside."

"Not to worry, not to worry." The man adjusted his glasses and glanced at his list again. "Is Teddy Underwood here?" The professor smiled as a timid looking boy got up and walked into the room past him. Elm turned to address the kids sitting down. "I will call you individually in, so please pay attention." He walked in after the boy, leaving the children to talk amongst themselves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Well, they're calling names now, Amelia thought. Luckilly for her Elm didn't seem to be calling out the names in alphabetical order. For once, her last name's first two letters being "Y" and "U" wouldn't necissarily make her the last person to be called for something. Good. Maybe he'll let us get outta here when we get our starters.

She took yet another look about the room, and there, in the back, not too far away, was the red-haired girl with the white skirt. The same girl she remembered pushing past when she'd tried to get in the room, coincidentally. Amelia also noted that she seemed a bit aggrivated at the moment. What do you know? We've both been in a a bit of a bad mood this morning. Maybe I could go talk to her while I wait for the Professor to call me...

Changing her expression and mood into a form that didn't show any signs of her previous anger or more recent over-excitement (and rather reflected a positive attitude of friendliness), Amelia made her way through the crowd of kids and toward the girl. When she found herself right in front of her, she stopped, almost feeling intimidated by that fuming look concealed in her eyes.

"Um... Hi. My name's Amelia. What's yours?"

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Bobby saw the Prof. step out and say something about accepting only 30 people. "Well, guess that means I have to move." Bobby said with a sigh. He noticed the doorway getting crowded, so he quickly sped towards the front of the crowd using his short height and his surprising speed. He got inside and was quickly jammed against a wall. "Guess other people are more impatient than I am!" he said with a laugh.

Elm then started to say the names of people who would recieve their pokemon first. "I hope I get something good!" Bobby said, shaking with anticipation. He elbowed his way to the front hoping to get a better look. Seeing as Elm wasn't reading in any order, Bobby had to wait patinently.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Brady walked in with the group of kids going inside the lab. His heart pounded with excitement as he thought of what kind of pokemon he would receive. He hoped that when his name was called, he would pick the right choice.

Then he heard the whispers from kids. "Yeah, he's already picked one for all of us," he heard one kid say to a friend. Already picked one? Brady shrugged. Maybe the professor had picked a better pokemon than what he would've picked.

Brady finally caught a glimpse of the professor when the new trainers lined up inside the lab. He was tall and skinny with large glasses and short brown hair. With the lab coat on, Brady thought he looked exactly like a professor.

One by one, the professor called on kids so they could receive their first partner. Some of the kids looked timid, while others looked overexcited. Brady held his breath as he waited for his turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back