• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
Nintendo 3DS

PLEASE NOTE: You are now welcome to exchange 3DS Friend Codes in this thread as approved my Morkula.

Well, as you may or may not be aware, that there was a conference dedicated to the 3DS today (Just finished for me), talking about the different games that will be released and the different features that the 3DS will include, as well as price and release date, your experience with the 3DS, what made you want to buy one.

The 3DS at a glance
P3285301.jpg
P3285305.jpg

P3285309.jpg
P3285308.jpg

P3285307.jpg
P3285315.jpg

Note: This is my 3DS to show off the colour of the blue, the black is just a plain, black.

First off, the release dates & Prices:
PLEASE NOTE: The prices depends on the retailer.

Japan: 26th February 2011 - ¥25,000
UK: 25th March - £219.99 - £229.99
Europe: 25th March 2011 - €249.99 (unsure)
US: 27th March 2011 - $250
Australia: 31st March 2011 - AU$349.95

Game Prices
US: $40
UK: £32 - £39.99[/list]

Exciting times!
And for the release games for the US and Europe:
Note, Europe get 25 release and US get 30. I am unsure which are which.

Pilotwings Resort
Asphalt 3D: Nitro Racing
Fifa
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Nintendogs + Cats
Steeldiver
Dead or Alive
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
Kingdom Hearts
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Asphalt 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
My Garden From EA
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D From Konami
Contra
Frogger
Madden NFL
ALL LISTINGS HERE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games (Thanks to Peeky Chew for pointing it out)

For the 3DS technical information, click the spoiler.
Spoiler:

SPECIAL OFFERS!
UK Offers
You might be looking to trade in your old consoles to get money off the console, so here is a little chart from GAME (UK + RoI)
On the left is the console you would trade in and on the right is the FINAL PRICE you would pay for the 3DS if you traded in the corresponding console.

PLEASE NOTE: This isn't for outside the UK, but it might give you a rough idea of other stores trade in prices around the world!
nintendo3ds_tradein.jpg

Australia Offers
Thanks to Eon-Rider for finding this!

If you pre-order the 3DS from this site, you get $50 off and a free game.
Those games are Rayman 3D, Rabbids 3D and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D.

OFFER ENDS 29/3/2011 BEFORE 1:00PM!
http://dicksmith.com.au/offer/3dspreorder

Known Problems with the 3DS
Updating the software
From what I have encountered with the 3DS and what others have told me, there is a slight problem with the updating of the software first time around. If you experience the 3DS failing to update, do not worry. Turn the console off and then connect to the internet, then try updating once more and MAKE SURE IT IS PLUGGED INTO THE MAINS. If you don't have a strong signal, this can also effect the download, so try to move closer to the router that you have.

And that is it! I will update this when there is new information.

DISCUSS THE 3DS!

Last edited:
Years
Wait, are the games coming out like a week-month within it's out? Cause there's Paper Mario but that's coming out later...Like is this the immediate list of games?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Mine was first but whatever.

Where did you get that info for the price of europe, it thats true then the US get it cheaper? o.O

Years
Mine was first but whatever.

Where did you get that info for the price of europe, it thats true then the US get it cheaper? o.O

If you want to look at it that way, if I didn't spend 10-20 minutes getting the correct information, I would have posted it first ;)

Anyway, That information is from pre-orders in different gaming shops.​

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Most pure epicness nintendo game system ever.Im kinda sad because i recently back in december bought a nintendo dsi for the extra features not knowing that this was coming out soon or i would of saved a little more and just keep playing on my nitendo ds lite.

Years
When they showed the trailer for the different games, they showed the new Resident Evil game, and it was the first time I can put my hand on my heart and say:

"Wow, that game looks stunning."

Haha.​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good God. It's a good thing that none of the games I was really anxious about are coming out right off the bat, cause that's a brick ton of money to shell out, and considering I have a trip to save for this year...looks like I'll be missing out on the 3DS for quuuuite a while. Kinda feeling iffy about it anyway because I've been having problems with getting sickly within five minutes of playing action/adventure games on just my DS. We'll see what I do in the future.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Watched 3DS event today and read a lot about them before they even began (member of one Nintendo forum where I get a lot of information about these things) and I just have to say that we got awesome news today :D Launching days, games and price (at least some of us, Europe didn't get confirmed price as far as I know). Games are all awesome and this is one of the best things I saw today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyOmIuy3D14

Really looking forward this console and I think I'm buying it when summer comes and I can get some money.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Uh... European price €249? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere (the own guys in the conference refused to announce it), and some German websites accept preorders for €229. I'd rather wait until anything is confirmed (although... $250 = €189. When will these guys buy a currency calculator? >_>)

Years
Uh... European price €249? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere (the own guys in the conference refused to announce it), and some German websites accept preorders for €229. I'd rather wait until anything is confirmed (although... $250 = €189. When will these guys buy a currency calculator? >_>)

It was on a website that Morkula showed me, I can't remember it for the life of me, so I could have made a mistake. But I will have a look for it once more.​

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Looks as amazing as ever, but the price tag is a absoulte joke. Well, looks like I'm saving up a fraction of my dinner money for this.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
The 3DS looks amazing... I want nearly all the games for it. Especially the MGS 3 remake and RE: Mercenaries.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
:( £229 is gonna be hard to come up with >.< ADD KINGDOM HEARTS TO THAT LIST PLZ

Although it'll be worth it. Most of my local game shops do a trade in (Ds + Plus 2 games for 3DS) I'm hoping' for that XD;

Years
I'm not very pleased with the launch games, tbqh. I will abstain until OoT 3DS comes out. n_n
Hopefully there'll be a bundle pack. D:
But...the Nintendogs game looks fun ;w;

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
Years
At first I was like "I'll just wait for the 3DS lite" then I was like "OH MY GOD LAYTON VS WRIGHT INSTANT BUY" but then I was finally like "Region locked and no Uk release for Layton VS Wright? laaaaaaaame".

So I guess I'm waiting for the lite.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I watched the US 3DS event this morning, and to be honest, I wasn't that greatly impressed with the game line-up myself. Nintendogs + cats sounded like the most interesting, and I'm not even all into that. :x

Overall, the 3DS isn't something I'm aiming to get right away on its release. Maybe later in the year I might consider, but until I really need it, I'll stick with my DSi.

Years
I watched the US 3DS event this morning, and to be honest, I wasn't that greatly impressed with the game line-up myself. Nintendogs + cats sounded like the most interesting, and I'm not even all into that. :x

Overall, the 3DS isn't something I'm aiming to get right away on its release. Maybe later in the year I might consider, but until I really need it, I'll stick with my DSi.

I agree. The only thing that I loved the look off was the Resident Evil game. It looked very beautiful.

I will have to see when it comes out what deals are on and there maybe more games released on the day nearer the time.​

Back