• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon heights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2006
I noticed that the pokedex gives the heights of various pokemon, but those don't make sense to me. Like for instance, Fearow is stated to be 3'11" tall, but that's not exactly large especially if its trainer is supposed to fly on it.

My question is, do I use the canon heights (from the games/pokedex) when describing my pokemon, or can I use whatever height I think seems right to me?

ze_gobou

All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Years
Well... that's a good question.

If you want your charcter to fly on a Fearow, you can make it be taller than it should be...
In my opinion, you can change a pokemon's height, but only if you REALLY need to make this change.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2006
I say go for it, after all, since when was any species ever one exact height and remained that height no matter where/what kind of species they are. The Fearow in Kanto, for example, could be notoriously larger on average than the Fearow in Hoenn. I'm sure you can think of something that will allow for a height alteration, and besides, I highly doubt people check up on the dex while reading your fic just to make sure.

Good luck.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
I think the heights in Pokédex is just the average. So use what you think is correct/logical.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yeah, I mostly think of the sizes given in the pokédex as guidelines myself. If you're going significantly above or below one, you can always describe the pokémon as being unusually large or small. You can play around, but please try to keep it within the bounds of reason so we don't end up with an anime situation. (The kind where a freakin' Ekans is the same height as a human -.-) As long as you abide by common sense, I'm sure no-one will object.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Yeah, as said before, no one wants a 20 foot pidgeotto.

*edit* Didn't read the time stamps.

...still, no one wants a 20 foot pidgeotto, do they?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back