• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Yes, but what's the offset/hex values I need to edit for the gamecorner >.<
I don't want to stuff up the game by accidemt

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Okay, I've followed a guide on how to edit the hero backsprite with TileMolester Alternate but everything goes wrong. I've searched the hero backsprite, pressed the ''<'' two times and the other button 4 times, and added the palette (FireRed). So when I try to load a new hero-sprite with ''Import From...'' the colors becomes all weird, and when I've saved, the hero is all messed up in the game...
Please, somebody help. ^^

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Dose anybody know the offset in the memory viewer where it stores what map and map bank you are on? So that way I can make a script that checks what map the player is on?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Dose anybody know the offset in the memory viewer where it stores what map and map bank you are on? So that way I can make a script that checks what map the player is on?

It's stored in some RAM that is moved around a lot, you won't be able to get it with just with a script. The pointer at 0x03005008 points to some data containing it.
Code:
hWord	Players X Position
hWord	Players Y Position
Byte	Map Bank
Byte	Map #
Word[5]	Unknown (Fillers?) I have absolutely no idea what these 40 bytes are used for.
hWord	Weather
hWord	Unknown

Send me a visitor message if you need any help getting them into temp variables.

EDIT: This is for FireRed, by the way.

Last edited:

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
How can I read already made scripts? I mean where it says ''Open Script''. Cuz it doesnt work. Just says ''No script editor defined''.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
How can I read already made scripts? I mean where it says ''Open Script''. Cuz it doesnt work. Just says ''No script editor defined''.

The goto:
settings > choose script editor and pick you're script editor.
It'll come up with a yes/no prompt; it doesn't matter which one you click

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
how can i put more overworlds in firered pokemon version? it is possible?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years

Okay then. That's really helpful. I saw the video and know what you are talking about, but now...where can I get sphere? Lol, I've search the Toolbox and googled it and check Whack a Hack and every other hacking site I can think of. Have I overlooked anything?

bumping my question, can someonehelp
@ Rockman9, Here!

@ The Explorer Of Destiny, It's no hard, just look through.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
Years
I don't suppose theres a way to edit the berry stats , and by stats i mean the one on the "check tag" option with the Dry,Sweet,ect. labels and the green arrows and the pentagon.

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Can someone tell me where trainer image offsets are in UNLZ for Pokemon Firered?I just cannot find them ._.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Does anyone know the XSE script commands to play music when you talk to someone (like the gym leaders) in FireRed? A brief explanation or link to a tutorial would be great; I can't find one anywhere.

Also, does anyone know how to change the battle backgrounds in Advance Map for FireRed? I was pretty sure it was under the "header" tab, but when I changed it, it was still the plain white background. Could the fact that I used the link cable maps be a problem?

Thanks so much in advance.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
How do you hack the pokemon in the gamecorner in Pokemon Gold GBC? >.<
Bumping my question :/
I need to know the hex values/offsets I need to change :/
How do you find the data you need to change? Is it guess and check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back