• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Theft Auto

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I got into it with San Andreas then played IV. I really think IV surpassed SA as a game, despite having less features.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
The first one i played was vice city and then i got some more of them (My dad loved them and so did we :3) like SA,Lib city,vice city stories,and GTA III for the ps2 and we have GTA IV and Episodes on the ps3. We might be getting GTA V soon so that will make me happy :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Apart from V, I've only ever owned IV myself, but as everyone and their mother who had a PS2 seemed to have San Andreas as well, there were lots of opportunities to try that as well, but I don't see that as much of a loss, since GTA has always really been about the free roaming to me, so it wasn't like I constantly had to try the same missions again and stuff :p

Only reason I actually bought IV was because my friend and I were looking for a game we could play together, and as IV was on sale, we decided to buy two copies of it (well, we decided that I bought the games, and he'd repay me later. The money is still nowhere in sight, and this was like 2 years ago ;p), and it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was a bit bummed by the lack of a flying cars cheat, as flying around the world in a car was one of the things I had the most fun with in SA. But anyways, all my time in IV has pretty much been spent on the online mode in IV, as the story just never meant anything to me in the games, and I really don't feel like I've missed out anyways. Doesn't sound like it either, with all the criticism the story/missions have received anyways.

It took a bit before finalizing my decision on buying GTA V though, as it was quiite expensive, and without a job, I'm kinda cautious with what I spend my money on, and as I also had a lot of other things I wanted, I wasn't sure if V was gonna be the first on my list. However, about a month before release, Gamestop started a deal, where you could give them two games from a list they had, and pre-order the game for $20, and it worked perfectly, as I had two from the list which had turned out to be huge disappointments anyways ;)

But yeah, so far the game's been great. The story mode of V is certainly more interesting that IV, so I don't mind being stuck with it for now, but the online mode is still what I mainly got the game for. And from the online trailers, it looks like it's gonna be awesome this time around, especially with how big the map is in this game :D Still no flying cars though :(

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I love the new GTA, though a lot of people are saying that Saints Row IV sucked compared to GTA V really grinds my gears because Saints Row has really changed and isn't about being in a gang and loyalty and stuff like that it's about giving your dude a nice outfit and going around using telekinisis and trying to save them as you throw them threw the air. enough about Saints Row.

I think GTA V has really branched off from being just mayhem since number one, I really like the whole fact that in multiplayer you could live... a... normal.... life with your own penthouse and just going to the beach without killing thousands of people you also create your own dude which is SO GOOD because it was great in SR and it can work in GTA

Years
I love GTA, the open-world style really appeals to me, I like that I can just go around destroying as much as I can if I feel like it.

The storylines are actually pretty good if you ask me, even if they do get a lot of critique from people, although I admit the only one I have actually completed is GTA IV.

As for GTA V. I will be getting this. GTA IV was by far my favourite storyline, but Sand Andreas was my favourite location (it was incredible) and I'm looking forward to experiencing it again (if if I'm confined to Los Santos).

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I've been playing GTA IV a lot over the last couple of weeks and I've really fallen in love with Niko. Despite being a, for a lack of betters terms, mercenary, he's a pretty ... honorable and respectful person.

The man loves his family and he'll do anything it takes to protect them. I love him.

Annnnyway.

Here are some of the exploits I've gone through recently.
• Rescued Roman... Again... (From Dimitri's thugs.)

• Dated Carmen for a little while then saw that Packie's sister had the hots for me and she seemed much nicer and less trampy than Carmen, so I dumped her. (Carmen, I mean.)

• Saved a Meth head (who appears to have gotten clean) from his former dealers. (Felt really good about that.)

• Helped some psychotic poop-head by disposing of his wife's body (He stabbed her... a lot... for cheating on him. Which I would say is something she deserved... but... I mean c'mon... this guy is cluckin' nuts.)

• Gotten Francis McCrearey out of the hot seat multiple cotton pickin' times.

• Really wanting to put a bullet in his brain, that crooked piece of slime.

• Killed X Playboy as opposed to killing Dwayne.

• Saw the Statue of Happiness Easter Egg

• Robbed a ****ing BANK! I was like, yeeaaaaaauuuuh. Finally got the Colt M4 Carbine gun. Sick of that crappy AK anyway.

So yeah that's about it. Hopefully things work out with Dwayne, Kate and Packie... :/

Oh, shiza! Forgot about this... I hate Packie's brother, Gerald or something... Coming up on me like that... "Don't *cernsored* with my family... or I'll *censored* with yours...

Boy!? Do you know who you are talking to? This is Nikolai Bellic, you on crack, son? I know you're doing that Coke, but dude. I will beat your butt with Niko if you ever threaten me like that again. Ooooooooohhhhh... Gimme a shot you piece of garbage! One shot!

Sorry. Lost the happy. But the happy's back!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Grand Theft Auto Online launches today! Are any of you excited? If you want to install this feature, then you'd have to update GTA V on your Xbox or PS3 just like you would with any other games. Once you're done updating and start booting up the game, you should be able to see a fourth character slot in the main menu. If you click on this slot, then according to the article that I'm reading, you will be taken to the GTA Online screen immediately. d:

Rockstar say that the events in GTA Online take place a couple of months before the actual campaign, which is pretty... interesting! Also, players won't be able to steal or destroy any of your property, so when you let them into your house, you won't have to be worried about anything at all. Go nuts!

TY

Well so far i only saw a error screen on PS3 saying the servers had trouble... Hopefully Rockstar wont do a "EA" and fix this problem, cause im loving GTA V and playing online with a own made character is awesome.

Years
I've only been getting error screens on the PS3 too, though I was able to at least create my own character. I'm really looking forward to online though, as I powered through the story and finished it last night, so I don't have a whole lot left to do in single player (mission wise, anyway).

TY

Im still playing the mission story, i think im at 40% or more, not sure though.
But i wasnt even able to create my character, which was really disappointing :(

TY

Also im on PS3, and all i can do is make a character and then it cant connect to a game, and it deletes my character... So frustrating ;-;

Years
I kept trying most of the night, but I've still been having trouble connecting to online, and faced the same issue ShadowExcadrill had of making a character and then having it deleted.

And though I'm already part of a crew, I have set up a PokeCommunity crew up over on the Rockstar Social Club right here for those that are interested.

TY

I tried not too long ago, and finally it let me into Online, but it wouldnt start the first mission or Job or w/e... Its so frustrating since i waited 15 mins and it still did nothing... Online is just messed up...

Also im unable to find the PC crew, nor any crew at all since the search button is just showing nothing

Last edited:

TY

I didnt know you could do the first mission solo... How if im allowed to ask?

JetBlackJericho

The OG Pokefarmer
Years
I need GTA Online buddies

Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95

Oh cool you live in Laquey? I've done a few service calls down there and the Guard's had me in the area a few times. Like right past Ft. Leonard Wood right?

I would play with ya, but my ps3 is dead. Stuck with an xbox now. Try joining that PokeCommunity crew that Brendino was talkin about, I'm sure you'll find a few people in that.

Years
Like Kyrul said, feel free to join the PokeCommunity crew linked a couple of posts up. I'm still having a few issues with online (thinking it might be my own connection rather than GTA itself at this point), but myself and O07_eleven did manage to play for a little bit last night, so there's a little bit of activity in the group at least with 6 members so far.

TY

Im kinda stuck on the Online part atm in which all missions are 2 teams based and more often there is one team that just has the best stuff and the other is... crap...
Is there any mission which involves just one team?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I've never even played any GTA game. I never really was interested in it, I don't plan to get the new one. Apparently it made 1 billion in 3 days? That's a huge amount haha, so many people I know love this game though and they don't understand how I don't play it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
The only GTA game I own is the port of Vice City on my Nexus 7. I have no idea what to do in it and just like to spend the time getting busted and driving badly.

Back