• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

you should probably give an example of your work.
it would help your chances.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
can i help you?
name:Flygon
talents:names,abilities,pokemon ideas

Sorry, the only position we need right now is a mapper.

There should be a huge update of the second demo quite soon - everything has totally been changed! And a new team is going to feature in the next demo... except this time, they're good guys, and their mission is to protect Koyoto. Their name? Keep watching the thread to find out...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I played the demo. It was pretty good, if a bit short. Some things I'd like to point out.

The trainers. At the start of the game, there should be Youngsters, Lasses and Bug Catchers, not Battle Girls, Experts and Guitarists :S
Also, I think they were a little hard. For example, the first trainers were already using level 5s, which may not seem overpowered, but when your team has been weakened, they sweep you easily. On the official games, the earliest trainers have level 3s and 4s.

A couple of movement permissions weren't set correctly, especially inside buildings, where you could walk straight out onto the black area. Also, the permissions in the Gym were a bit dodgy...

You didn't edit some of the Marts, so they still sold TM Solarbeam etc.

The TMs weren't edited - none of my Pokémon could learn the Attract TM I was given.

Clair still says exactly the same thing in the lab, even after you complete the demo.

The Pokémon database edits were rather sloppy - you didn't edit their cries, or more importantly, their base EXP. For some reason, Minimoth gives less EXP than Shimple, and even Bastick gives more than its last evolution... And being able to grow all the way from level 6 to level 7 by defeating just 1 level 2 Volery is fun, but kinda breaks the game a bit. On the subject of Volery, it is amazingly hard to catch for such a weak and common Pokémon - you might want to fix that. Finally, a bug with Shimple and Minimoth - if you evolve Shimple, the Minimoth will be at a higher level than the Shimple it evolved from. If you evolve a Shimple at level 14, the Minimoth that comes out will be level 16. However, at extremely high levels, this reverses. A Shimple evolved at level 100 will become level 98 after evolving. This is quite a large bug...

Well, it was a nice demo, apart from the bugs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, I played the demo. It was pretty good, if a bit short. Some things I'd like to point out.

The trainers. At the start of the game, there should be Youngsters, Lasses and Bug Catchers, not Battle Girls, Experts and Guitarists :S
Also, I think they were a little hard. For example, the first trainers were already using level 5s, which may not seem overpowered, but when your team has been weakened, they sweep you easily. On the official games, the earliest trainers have level 3s and 4s.

A couple of movement permissions weren't set correctly, especially inside buildings, where you could walk straight out onto the black area. Also, the permissions in the Gym were a bit dodgy...

You didn't edit some of the Marts, so they still sold TM Solarbeam etc.

The TMs weren't edited - none of my Pokémon could learn the Attract TM I was given.

Clair still says exactly the same thing in the lab, even after you complete the demo.

The Pokémon database edits were rather sloppy - you didn't edit their cries, or more importantly, their base EXP. For some reason, Minimoth gives less EXP than Shimple, and even Bastick gives more than its last evolution... And being able to grow all the way from level 6 to level 7 by defeating just 1 level 2 Volery is fun, but kinda breaks the game a bit. On the subject of Volery, it is amazingly hard to catch for such a weak and common Pokémon - you might want to fix that. Finally, a bug with Shimple and Minimoth - if you evolve Shimple, the Minimoth will be at a higher level than the Shimple it evolved from. If you evolve a Shimple at level 14, the Minimoth that comes out will be level 16. However, at extremely high levels, this reverses. A Shimple evolved at level 100 will become level 98 after evolving. This is quite a large bug...

Well, it was a nice demo, apart from the bugs.

Thanks for that, but I think it's time to put the old, buggy first demo behind us. It was extremely rushed, hence all of those things you listed. It's kind of embarassing actually, as I wasn't aware of the amount of mistakes.

They will all be fixed in the second demo, trust me.

Right now we're making D/P/P sprites for all of our Pokémon - and all I can say is that they are magnificent. They actually look like they were made by Nintendo. We have also got a new water starter line, but we still have things such as names and sprites to finish before we can show them to you.

Also, thanks to Lorem Ipsum, we now have changed the screen resolution to the same as in Pokémon D/P/P (D/S). We're currently working on the battle system, and all I can say is that it's working out quite well so far.

In addition to that, we are now looking for spriters to make trainer sprites for us in D/P/P style.

So if you are able to make trainer sprites for us, PM me or let me know :)

Oh, and I should be staying around a while just to make sure the game is getting off at the right start. So I should be staying just a little while longer, I'll probably be gone again by the time school starts at the end of August.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
im not sure what both of you mean but i think you are both spamming

im not sure

What do you mean by this?

Also, Wichu, thank you for taking the time to play the game. It was buggy, we know, and you have alerted us to a couple more bugs that we had not seen in the game. I have to take responsibility for most of these, as it was my job to do all of the events and scripting in the game.

Now, to the broader Scarlet community, there is going to be a slight change in the next week. Houndoomed is normally the one who provides us with screenshots. But I am going to be previewing the new DPP tiles that have been implemented (thanks go to Kyledove for making them 2D), and there will also be a preview of the DPP battle system that I have been working on for the past couple of days.

Thank you for your remaining support of Scarlet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Rewrote the storyline to be MUCH better.

Spoiler:

Oh, and I won't be here for the next few days, so I'm letting Lorem Ipsum take over the thread until I return.

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I must say Lorem, I am anxiously waiting for those screens showing off the battle system. I think it will look very good and I can't wait to see it. I also am looking forward to seeing Kyles tiles, but what are you going to do about those few missing tiles in the set...? Like the gym.

Good Luck mate, I can not wait to see those screens.

Sincerely,
Minorthreat.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Minorthreat: There are a few options for the missing tiles. Either I will attempt to recreate them, or we will simply use custom tiles for this purpose.

I'm just adding the finishing touches to the battle screens, such as improved gender icons and making sure that the Pokéball doesn't linger when it is first thrown into battle.

TKS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
It'd be a bit weird if you went through this whole thread without the tiniest idea of who I am, so let me introduce myself! My name is Houndoomed, and I am the creator of Pokémon Scarlet Version. I'm not alone though, I have many brilliant people who help me make Pokémon Scarlet Version what it truly is. I started work way back in February 2007 when we were still unheard of. We've come a long way since then, and now we are very well known.
Looks like a great game, but seriously... lol.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
We are now looking for spriters to make trainer sprites for us in D/P/P style.

So if you are able to make trainer sprites for us, PM me or let me know :)
Hey, Houndoomed. You might remember me. I once took a shot at making the Grass Starter sprite quite a long time ago, when my spriting wasn't so great (actually, if I look back at it, it was pretty bad).

I would be glad to help you create trainer sprites in D/P/P style. I need to get a little practice with that style.

Anyway, the game is turning out very well.
I hope you keep up the great work. ^.^

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Hey Lorem, I was wondering if you had anything new(I've noticed that you haven't released any new news) or are you just fixing up the bugs for the game? The chat really slowed down... though nice game (even though Houndoom started it).

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Looks like a great game, but seriously... lol.

Yes, I must admit that was a bit cheesy XD

Hey, Houndoomed. You might remember me. I once took a shot at making the Grass Starter sprite quite a long time ago, when my spriting wasn't so great (actually, if I look back at it, it was pretty bad).

I would be glad to help you create trainer sprites in D/P/P style. I need to get a little practice with that style.

Anyway, the game is turning out very well.
I hope you keep up the great work. ^.^

Hi, I think I remember you? :)
Sure, feel free to give it a shot ;)

Thanks for the compliments. I actually decided that when the time comes when the second demo, I'll just be changing some things around and making sure everything's right. So I don't think I'll ever be fully retired. I'm just going to be having the most important exams of my life (so far >.<) starting next year, and I'll have to study very hard. So I should still be able to co-run this project.

Hey Lorem, I was wondering if you had anything new(I've noticed that you haven't released any new news) or are you just fixing up the bugs for the game? The chat really slowed down... though nice game (even though Houndoom started it).

Hope you don't mind if I answer this for you...

Yes, we have got some new stuff, but we're still perfecting it. Hopefully we'll have a few screenshots showing off what we've done in the next issue of PC Gamer, which should be coming out at the end of the month :)

Chat has gone down a lot lately... but that's probably because we're still working on everything. So once we get back on track, we should be regaining activity again.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
So I don't think I'll ever be fully retired. I'm just going to be having the most important exams of my life (so far >.<) starting next year, and I'll have to study very hard. So I should still be able to co-run this project.

u dont know how glad i am to hear ya say that houndoomed i knew you could never leave this project its to good. :P anyways just upload the the game and press enter and you should be able to start it, its for the computer look at the controls before you continue.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2009
I haven't played the demo, but this seems quite solid and I will definitely download the demo and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back