• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Aenopolis is the 8th Gym?To me, it sounded like a 7th Gym Town, Or maybe somewhere with some Big Hi-Tech Ship that Takes you to The Elite Four,and afterward, Battle Frontier.
Oh, and Can you Ride Kyusak?
I just thought of some Moves that might Be good for your game.
Ride: Maybe HM.The Pokemon Charges at the Opponent.It can also be used to go Faster on Flat Terrain.
Power:90
Accuracy: 100
Toxic Health:Kyusak's Evolutionary Line Move. It can Powerfully Poison an Opponent, but can also be used on an Ally to heal them by one quarter of their Max Health.
Power:---
Accuracy:70
Those are some Of My Ideas.
~Ruler Arceus

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
Nice! But, not to offense you, didn't you get the Fonts folder? You are currently using the ARIAL font in your game and doesn't look good in it. Anyway, It is SUPER BRILLIANT! The fakemon were good!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I like your idea of making a property line system, however I'm interested in how it's going to pan out. However, I'm thinking that you need to update with more screenshots as opposed to fakemon, at least show some of those within the game. Also, on that notion of fakemon, I like most of the sprites, however I think 101 of them would be quite ambitious and a little too many to be quite frank, but that's me. To be honest, what you're lacking majorly, is diversity between your screenshots, the updates look the same as the original screens and I think you need to mix it up a little, add to your tileset for example. The mapping seems to be quite good however, maybe you should push the boundaries and take the advantage of RMXP and add depth with the ability to add more tiles, more flow and more features to your mapping style.

All in all, you've got a steady base, you just need to work on convincing us that there's more than just aesthetics to this game, I'd like to see some events and some more towns with a different look than those already shown. Best of luck with your project, if you need further critique I'm free to offer my assistance.

First of all, I understand your worry fakemon-wise, but I also want to focus on player choice. With the storyline taking presidence, player choice would therefore suffer as a consequence (I originally wasn't even going to allow gender or name chocie for sake of the storyline). More fakemon = more player choice. I also want to create a game the player can become immersed in. I have revealed (so-far) very little about the backstories of towns or what they contain or about fakemon's movesets or even the typing of the gym leaders. This is to create an unknown fronteir for the player to explore and discover. Using and developing the fakemon is part of that.

As for events, nothing is very sleek at the moment. This will arrive, eventually.

Tiles. In an ideal world I would have tilers of the same quality as Garnet's or Helios' making unique tiles for the game. Unfortunately, it is just me and my lack of talent in this field means I have been using public tilesets by Alistair and CalisProjects so far, which are brilliant - just not unique. I will have to tile myself at points - the pyramids, ski resort etc. - but what I really need is someone who can sit down and make some stunning tiles.

Thanks for taking the time to formulate and type such an in-depth response. That's how I improve the game. :cer_smile:

I agree that the world he created is "Awesome", but the one thing that bugs me about this fantastic game is that you need some really, really good tiles to pull off the atmosphere you are attempting to create. I mean, your tiles atm are subpar, and really can't create a game players can immerse themselves in, (none of which is your fault).
If you can find a skilled tile artist, this game will definetly have my respect, Cynic.

Unfortunately that is the project's Achille's Heel. I am going to try my best to grab the attension of possible tile-spriters through Pokecommunity and Deviantart in order to get more unique tiles. I can make tiles myself, and will have to eventually; I'm just not very good at it. :cer_smile:

Aenopolis is the 8th Gym?To me, it sounded like a 7th Gym Town, Or maybe somewhere with some Big Hi-Tech Ship that Takes you to The Elite Four,and afterward, Battle Frontier.
Oh, and Can you Ride Kyusak?
I just thought of some Moves that might Be good for your game.
Ride: Maybe HM.The Pokemon Charges at the Opponent.It can also be used to go Faster on Flat Terrain.
Power:90
Accuracy: 100
Toxic Health:Kyusak's Evolutionary Line Move. It can Powerfully Poison an Opponent, but can also be used on an Ally to heal them by one quarter of their Max Health.
Power:---
Accuracy:70
Those are some Of My Ideas.
~Ruler Arceus

The Elite 4 are at Ascension Castle.

I dislike the idea of so may HM's. "Ride" would just be a natural feature.

Thanks for making a suggestion, but stats abilities etc. have already been decided. Trust me, you will not be disapointed.

And yes, you can ride Kyusak. :cer_wink: They're a bit rare though.

Nice! But, not to offense you, didn't you get the Fonts folder? You are currently using the ARIAL font in your game and doesn't look good in it. Anyway, It is SUPER BRILLIANT! The fakemon were good!

The whole game will be made more sleek prior to any release. Don't worry. :cer_wink:

New Logo

A new logo has been designed by the brilliant Artic.uno!

Logo.png

New Map

The region map has been made anew! This is how it will appear in-game (I may tweak it slightly). I still havn't decided which style to use:

e25b0fafb5d2869b6e3514780d4f1618-d31wam4.png
Cynic5.png

The one on the left is by me, the right is by NikNaks. NikNak's one, if used, may need a little altering.

SETTLEMENTS

Littlebeach Town
Freewharf Town
Southport City
Ode Town
Myrtle City
Wattsville City
Radiant City
Vestige City
Meadowranch Town
Everlanche City
Drygulch City
Sanctuary Town
Neonbright City
Rustshore City
Soulemn Town
Tropica City
Murkreek Town
Autumnleaf Town
Aeonopolis City

LANDMARKS

Cape Infinity
New Forest sawmill
Wattsville Dam
Lake Valient Geothermal Plant
Mt. Ardour
Terracotta Tomb
Vestige Catacombs
Amity Airfield
Howling Cave
Shiver Summit
Prestige Resort
Wintershore Tunnel
Abandonned Mine
Stormy Mesa Wind Farm
Ancient Pyramids
Relic Beach
Noctis Crater
Carmine Reef
Everglades Safari Adventure!
Riddle Rock
Ranger Outpost
Ancaster Mansion
Autumnleaf Vineyard
Searoar Spiral
Futuretech Nuclear Plant
Aeonopolis Sewers
Deepsea Trench
Dragon's Roost/Dragon's Keep
Victory Gate
Triumph Landing
Ascension Castle
Astral Peak
Astral Shrine

ROUTES

Diluculo Island
Whispering Cliffs
Melody Thicket
Myrtle Valley
Timber Track
New Forest
Wattsville Reservoir
Mountain Cycleway
Lake Valient
Basalt Path
Calamity Pass
Wispmarsh
Vestige Green
Halcyon Plains
Dusty Ridge
Blizzard Verge
Wintergreen Trail
Meltwater Gorge
Windrush Canyon
Immortal Desert
Verdant Oasis
Thorny Scrub
Lucky Lane
Ribbon Sea
Nox Island
Tropica Everglades
Victalis National Park
Shady Bayou
Dark Swamp
Shimmer Glade
Russet Falls
Amber Bridge
Crepusculum Island
Zephyr Bridge
Aeonopolis Outskirts
Amaranth Dots
Triumph Straits
Dies Island

A few changes have been made to the region.

V-League

This is the logo for the Vicitalis Pokemon League made by Artic.Uno:

league.png

You'll see it on all the region's gyms and at Acension Castle.

Support Banners

These were made thanks to Samuraigun7:

userbar-1.png

userbar2.png

userbar3.png

Get supporting! :cer_tongue:

Coming Soon

- Mapping for Freewharf Town, Cape Infinity, Diluculo Island, Southport City, Whispering Cliffs, Melody Thicket, Ode Town, Myrtle Valley and Myrtle City.

- Gym leader sprites.

- New fakedex!

- A whole wikia dedicated to the game (there is so much backstory to every town you would not believe it!).

NOTICE: TILE-SPRITER DESPERATELY WANTED. PM FOR MORE DETAILS.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
I can't believe I haven't seen this tread. Your fakemon and maps are amazing. Keep it up, I really like the storyline. Do you still need another additional fakemon spriter? :D

The Cynic

Years
I can't believe I haven't seen this tread. Your fakemon and maps are amazing. Keep it up, I really like the storyline. Do you still need another additional fakemon spriter? :D

So long as your spriting style is coherent with what we already have then sure. Could you PM some examples? :cer_smile:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Just wanted to point out Cynic, 'Chronicles' is misspelled on the support banners. xD So you might want to get Samuraigun to fix them.

The Cynic

Years
Just wanted to point out Cynic, 'Chronicles' is misspelled on the support banners. xD So you might want to get Samuraigun to fix them.

Oh, just noticed that. Sorry, I'm normally very attentive when it comes to spelling. :cer_blush:

Thanks, I'll notify him.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Wow, I'm pretty impressed by all this. I'd use the map made by you, I think it might be the darker routes but it looks cool :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I liked his game.
It has good graphics, like much of fakemons too.
Change the mini sprite. And the Pokemon Center and Mart, they do not match the other tiles.
Just some suggestions ^^
Good luck! I hope to see more updates.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Have I posted in this thread before? I don't think so. Anyway on that last update-post-guy-thing I am definitely in favor of the map style on the left. It just seems much more vibrant and makes more geographical sense, it doesn't hurt that I absolutely loathe the HGSS style of region map, with its random giant icons to represent things...

GOG TOXIC

Competetive n00b
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2010
The map on the left is much more appealing. The right side map is just very bland overall. I've bookmarked this page to keep up with the updates. Hopefully you can find a good tiler. Psyched for the eventual release.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Left Map.
Believe me,Left Map is best.

Spoiler:

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
I like the left map, the darker color looks good but I prefer the desert and mountain areas on the right map

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
where do i go to download this?
also, VERY nice fakemon! :D
and i vote for the left map, because it looks closer to the black and white maps, which are very nicee. :)

Years
Toastier this game is new no download yet sorry. Gonna have to wait a loong while because fan games take a lot of time and effort. {sorry if i wasnt ment to say that}.

Anyway on topic, i love this game i reckon its gonna be a great success ima support it :)

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
ohhhhhhhh. i found the banner for this game in a different games' forum, and i just clicked on itt cuz it looked interesting. i didn't realize this was under the game development forum. sorry! haha.
but this REALLY does look like a good game. i'll be sure to play it once it's got a demo/beta or whatevurr. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back