• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Make mew obey in wild (Pokemon Fire Red)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Hey!
I'm really new to ROM hacking and i want to make it possible to catch mew as wild, but the problem is that it won't obey me, how do i make a script that will make the person playing it get an obeying mew?:)

Hope you can help! :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
you dont have to make a script its because you dont have the badges for it ... or what level is mew ?
wild pokemon obey you just to level 10 with no badges :C

or what you mean ?
so that the player get a mew from a person ?

IF SO i could gave you a simple giving script ^-^

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
False, wild Pokemon you catch always obey you, the badge levels only effect traded/ones with ID's that don't match yours. The problem the OP is having is that a Mew that's not from an event will always disobey you. There's probably a thread in Research and Development discussing Mew's obedience.

edit: this post mentions Mew: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6046750&postcount=23

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Yes mew won't obey you even if you got All the 8 badges and won the game, it has something specail in it's code that does that it will not obey you when caught in wild.

And i don't understand the link you gave me i'm new to this :)

Hope you can help :)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Yes mew won't obey you even if you got All the 8 badges and won the game, it has something specail in it's code that does that it will not obey you when caught in wild.

And i don't understand the link you gave me i'm new to this :)

Hope you can help :)
This is false, I use an AR all the time on my fr and mew obeys just fine.

I'd say either do what Colcol says or put all of mew's data in a new spot and ajust it back to normal with the pokedex order editor.

Divider

Grand Master Johto Champion
Years
Easier solution is to decompile the mew event in FR/LG, and check for the flags that allow it to obey.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Try changing the byte at '0x801D402' from '0x97' to '0x00'. That should make it so that all Mews obey. If you're planning on having Mew in the wild, you're probably going to want a general solution (i.e., to not have to use 'setobedience' every time the player catches a new Mew).

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Try changing the byte at '0x801D402' from '0x97' to '0x00'. That should make it so that all Mews obey. If you're planning on having Mew in the wild, you're probably going to want a general solution (i.e., to not have to use 'setobedience' every time the player catches a new Mew).

In what file, and with what program do i need to change this? :)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
the guys new lets not go to hex editing just yet..

i think he has a point although u have all the badges and catch a 'wild' mew in the grass it will not obey, best thing to do as a new hacker is copy the mew script frm birth isle and paste it to the location u want the mew to be..

good luck and never give up :)

EDIT: well i never shy away when making a mistake.... i guess i was wrong and i apologize, guess hex editing is the best way to solve this problem and sawakita has a point it does build a good foundation..... come to think of it should of started with hex editing when i began hacking...

but to stay on topic mew is on faraway isle its (sorry confuse all them isles sometimes) accessible through am... u can just take the script and copy it to anywhere u want....

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
people should stop saying that a beginner must not start from hex editing. I started with hex and I started with pokemon blue.. Starting from hex gives you a solid base. Then, right after that, you go into ASM, that is not hard at all, despite what anybody says about (in fact most of the people who says ASM is hard probably never tried it).

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years

i think he has a point although u have all the badges and catch a 'wild' mew in the grass it will not obey, best thing to do as a new hacker is copy the mew script frm birth isle and paste it to the location u want the mew to be..

He goes into a hex editor and types in some digits. How is that hard? Hex is probably the easiest part of hacking if you know what to do, yes, it's long dull and boring, but if it wasn't for hex editing then would there be any rom hackers today? Exactly.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010

Thank you, but mew script on birth island?, deoxys is on Birth Island, i don't think mew is there, can you please tell me how :D

@Sawakita @altariaking @sab @colcolstyles

I downloaded hex workshop, but when i search after the value 0x801D402 it just give me and error, please tell me what to do in the hex program :)

And to be sure that you know what I want. I want to make Mew appear like any other of the legendaries, mewtwo, zapdos, moltres etc.

With a sprite and when you talk to the sprite you battle mew, and then when you catch it, I want to be able to control it :)

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I downloaded hex workshop, but when i search after the value 0x801D402 it just give me and error, please tell me what to do in the hex program :)

And to be sure that you know what I want. I want to make Mew appear like any other of the legendaries, mewtwo, zapdos, moltres etc.

With a sprite and when you talk to the sprite you battle mew, and then when you catch it, I want to be able to control it :)

0x801D402 is not a value, it's an offset: you have to choose the option "Go to..." (shortcut "ctrl+G" if I'm not wrong): and then follow what Colcolstyles said:
Try changing the byte at '0x801D402' from '0x97' to '0x00'
And if you want to create an event like Legendary birds and mewtwo, you have to compile a script (check the existing ones to see how they are done, so that you can do your own with mew in it)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
0x801D402 is not a value, it's an offset: you have to choose the option "Go to..." (shortcut "ctrl+G" if I'm not wrong): and then follow what Colcolstyles said:And if you want to create an event like Legendary birds and mewtwo, you have to compile a script (check the existing ones to see how they are done, so that you can do your own with mew in it)

Okay thanks, but I put 801D402 in the offset field and chooses Hex and click on Go, but nothing happens, I just keep pressing Go, please help :)

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Okay thanks, but I put 801D402 in the offset field and chooses Hex and click on Go, but nothing happens, I just keep pressing Go, please help :)
Well... I know that (for cygnus at least) you need to take the eight off the front. then you need to split the digits into groups of two and reverse them. goto 0x02d401 instead.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well... I know that (for cygnus at least) you need to take the eight off the front. then you need to split the digits into groups of two and reverse them. goto 0x02d401 instead.

Err, not quite. Yes, he should remove the '8' (that was a mistake on my part) but he shouldn't reverse the number. You only do that when you're, for example, viewing data byte by byte.

@OP:
Download a hex editor (I prefer Translhextion for basic tasks), press Ctrl + G, then type "x1d402" (without the quotation marks) into the box that pops up. Somewhere on the first line should be the number '97' (it should be the third number from the left). Change that to '00' by pressing the zero key twice. Save and it should work. I haven't tested it thoroughly, though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
IT WORKS!

Err, not quite. Yes, he should remove the '8' (that was a mistake on my part) but he shouldn't reverse the number. You only do that when you're, for example, viewing data byte by byte.

@OP:
Download a hex editor (I prefer Translhextion for basic tasks), press Ctrl + G, then type "x1d402" (without the quotation marks) into the box that pops up. Somewhere on the first line should be the number '97' (it should be the third number from the left). Change that to '00' by pressing the zero key twice. Save and it should work. I haven't tested it thoroughly, though.

OMG YOU ARE THE MAN! Thank you for helping me out it really works, it was sooo easy just changing from 97 to 00, I spend hours searching on the internet finding out how to do it, and know that I know how to do, I really can't believe that it is so hard to find when it is sooo easy!

So to other beginners that world like to put mew intro the game, follow what the guys here said and i'm sure you will find out how to do :D

And now we are talking about obeying, can you then tell me how to make Deoxys obeying? :)

And also thanks to the others who replied to this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back