• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Spoiler:

What is that "Rainbow Powers"?

Capture.PNG

E 11 Threes A Crowd
The Hub Network's synopsis for this episode: "Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight's attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
At least that's the real description. The older one (the cheese sandwich thing) was really creepy and sounded un MLP like. Also... rainbow ponies? Maybe. It could happen at any time.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The First Applejack & Fluttershy episode of the whole series, if I'm not mistaken:

Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Bats!

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I called it! I totally called it!!!

Spoiler:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I never understood bronies or the fascination behind it. I heard about it through the howard stern show http://youtu.be/sMykmHuMtf4 is a short clip of some interviews of some bronies at bronycon. Not to be negative but can anyone explain the fascination? And if there are any cloppers(doubt you'll admit it) but isn't that wrong?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I never understood bronies or the fascination behind it. I heard about it through the howard stern show http://youtu.be/sMykmHuMtf4 is a short clip of some interviews of some bronies at bronycon. Not to be negative but can anyone explain the fascination? And if there are any cloppers(doubt you'll admit it) but isn't that wrong?

To put it briefly, we're fascinated by it because of the animation and the humor it has within the show. The brony fandom is another world. We have artists, fanfic writers, people that solely enjoy the show, people that do music, people that work for the show, and much much much more. There's also a dark side to it, yeah...but I'm not going to go deeper on it. I know a lot of peeps out there immediately think of bronies as "weird", "nasty" and "inappropriate", but they haven't heard what bronies are really doing to the community around them. They're doing charity work, helping children socialize, and much more. There are cloppers out there because they CHOSE to be fascinated by "art". And that's where most of the judgment comes from.

I literally cringe every time I hear the word "clop" because I find it absolutely horrifying. I'm someone that wants to stay for what I'm originally a fan of: and that's the show itself.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
To put it briefly, we're fascinated by it because of the animation and the humor it has within the show. The brony fandom is another world. We have artists, fanfic writers, people that solely enjoy the show, people that do music, people that work for the show, and much much much more. There's also a dark side to it, yeah...but I'm not going to go deeper on it. I know a lot of peeps out there immediately think of bronies as "weird", "nasty" and "inappropriate", but they haven't heard what bronies are really doing to the community around them. They're doing charity work, helping children socialize, and much more. There are cloppers out there because they CHOSE to be fascinated by "art". And that's where most of the judgment comes from.

I literally cringe every time I hear the word "clop" because I find it absolutely horrifying. I'm someone that wants to stay for what I'm originally a fan of: and that's the show itself.

Thanks for clearing that up, cause the stern show was the first I ever heard of that fandom. I'm glad to hear everyone into it aren't "cloppers", lol the word really does sound creepy. But thanks again for explaining the fascination to me.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Unfortunately, the worst side of fandoms is what gets the most attention and discussion by those outside of the fandom. So when someone first hears of bronies, it tends to be attached to accusations of "clopping" or other disturbing things. But the horrible side is the vocal minority. A lot of fans of Friendship is Magic aren't cloppers or anything that you hear mentioned on the Howard Stern show. They're just normal people who happen to enjoy a show about colorful ponies going on adventures.

As for why I like the show, it's well-written, has a main cast made entirely of female characters, and is just a feel-good show that I always enjoy watching.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Epsiode 12 Pinkie Pride
Synopsis: Pinkie Pie must defend her status as a party pony when a mysterious visitor comes to town and plans a party for Rainbow Dash.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
inb4

Spoiler:

because, no other pony makes better parties than Pinkie Pie.

Also, while I've been doing some lurking in an MLP forum I go to, I found this: The Pony Holiday Calendar. Someone took their time gathering up all the holidays the ponies celebrate and putting them in our calendar. The next holidays are "Family Appreciation Day" and "Derpy Day", aka the day she spoke and we were surprised with all glory. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Um... okay then. Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about this episode description. xD Seems a little strange, ha ha. I'll still try it. "Pinkie Pride" huh... hmm...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I always love how detailed this fandom can get. Like something gets briefly mentioned in the background of an episode, and this fandom just runs with it, creating amazingly detailed things like calendars or headcanons.

Anyhow, Bats! I knew it would be a while before I could write up my thoughts on the episode, so I took notes while watching it.

Spoiler:

Years
I liked the song from Bats!, it reminded me of the songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Also for the new year we are getting a Rarity episode which could have songs in it. At the end of the month we are also getting the first Twilight Sparkle episode in a while and it has Princess Cadence in it. I would like to see Trixie make an appearance in Season 4, maybe it will be "Three's A Crowd"?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
We haven't seen much emphasis on Twilight's role as princess just yet, and I have a feeling we're going to see that once we reach the middle and ending of the season where she'll be taking advantage of her role. The Mane 6 keep revisiting that dirty castle in the previous episodes, I wonder if that could continue to be a key role in the season?

Ahh yes, I think the Rarity episode is this weekend. Yesssss I cannot wait. <3

Hmm, I would doubt that Trixie may make a season 4 appearance. She's already turned good after Magic Duel, and I don't see her making at least a brief appearance in one of the episodes. Although that doesn't sound half-bad!

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Hi, everyone! Yoshi-san, under a new name here and I have one thing to say! BATS!

Spoiler:

Still the episode was very well, I enjoyed it and personally this season has been A-OK! so far. Only had a few iffs about Power Ponies, but other than that it was great. And that ending with Fluttershy. I found that very interesting!

Axeliira said:
We haven't seen much emphasis on Twilight's role as princess just yet, and I have a feeling we're going to see that once we reach the middle and ending of the season where she'll be taking advantage of her role. The Mane 6 keep revisiting that dirty castle in the previous episodes, I wonder if that could continue to be a key role in the season?
They are restoring the old Palace of the Two Sisters in the Everfree Forest, she said that in Power Ponies. So I that a feeling, yeah; It will return as well.

Axeliira said:
Ahh yes, I think the Rarity episode is this weekend. Yesssss I cannot wait. <3
Its about time, right? :D

Axeliira said:
Hmm, I would doubt that Trixie may make a season 4 appearance. She's already turned good after Magic Duel, and I don't see her making at least a brief appearance in one of the episodes. Although that doesn't sound half-bad!

Hey, don't knock Trixie off the S4 wagon yet; Discord was turned good and well he played a major role in the start of Season 4, and lives with Fluttershy [it seems so from the intro], however Trixie was still in Ponyville last time we saw and she may appear! Oh, well. Til next episode!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
About time indeed! Even the Hub just uploaded a clip of the new episode coming this Saturday. Spoilered in case anyone would rather wait till Saturday.

Spoiler:

So far Fluttershy being the Hulk is my favorite moment of the season. <3

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
So far Fluttershy being the Hulk is my favorite moment of the season. <3

For me, FlutterBAT, but Flutterhulk made me shutter strangely, I don't know why... but I don't like it... it seems unfitting in my opinion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The yearly-waited Rarity episode is here:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back