• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
A new version of Pokemon Essentials is now available.

Changes:

Support for the hidden moves Fly and Headbutt
Flameguru's Pokegear script included
Customizable region maps
Script support for double battles and multi battles
Debug menu option with integrated terrain tag editor
Problems fixed with Rare Candy
Problem fixed on player placement after jumping
StorageCreator metadata setting added
MapPosition metadata setting added
Combined PokeBattle_Move_XX scripts into PokeBattle_MoveEffects

Modified scripts:

Deleted: moves/PokeBattle_Move_**
Added: PokeBattle_MoveEffects
Added: PokemonTilesetEditor
Added: PokemonRegionMap
Changed: PokemonMap
Changed: PokemonMenu
Changed: PokeBattle_Move
Changed: Scene_Map
Changed: Interpreter 6
Changed: Pokegear
Changed: PokemonField
Changed: PokeBattle_ActualScene
Changed: PokemonTrainers
Changed: PokeBattle_Trainer
Changed: SpriteResizer
Changed: WindowAndTilemap
Changed: Game_Character 3*
Changed: Compiler
Changed: Game_Player*
Changed: PokemonMessages
Changed: Game_Character 1
Changed: PBDebug
Changed: - Radio
Changed: SpriteWindow
Changed: PokemonUtilities
Changed: PokeBattle_Battle
Changed: PokemonEncounters
Changed: PokemonItems
Changed: PokemonScreen
Changed: PokeBattle_Battler
Changed: PokemonStorage

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I love you. xD This is a dream come true for pretty much every person who is planning to make a Poke fangame...

Last edited by a moderator:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
awsome i love the headbutt trees, but one thing, i dont know if this can be done, but do you think you can make the headbutt trees happen on a terrain tag, because i doin a johto remake and there are quite a few headbutt trees on one map and i dont want the game to lag up because of event overload. if you could look into it that would be great, but dont make it a big thing on your list i was just wondering if it could be done without a lot of code change.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
From what I have read this starter kit the best Pokemon starter kit out there. However I am looking for an full detailed features list, that explains whats in included etc. Is there one avalable.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
From what I have read this starter kit the best Pokemon starter kit out there. However I am looking for an full detailed features list, that explains whats in included etc. Is there one avalable.

Hmm...let me explain it in as few words as possible...

This kit kicks ass and it pretty much replicates FR/LG/R/S/E 100% :)

Thanks for updating it Poccil ;) I just updated MS to this Release and am working on some new maps. I'm also thinking of re-mapping my game with my Kyledove tileset (I Posted it in Game Dev Resources for anyone who wants it)

Keep it up :cool:

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
I tested it, works fine most part.

Two things.
- In the PokéGear menu, the badges (if you talked to the badges-NPC) appear in the background, under the Hero-render in the menu. That's probably a glitch.
- I experience a constant lag. I think this has to do with the amount of resources the project needs, and particularly the tileset (damn its huge right? xD), but maybe you know an anti-lag script... O_o

All the rest, it's perfect. All we need to do is help you out on the animations department.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I tested it, works fine most part.

Two things.
- In the PokéGear menu, the badges (if you talked to the badges-NPC) appear in the background, under the Hero-render in the menu. That's probably a glitch.
- I experience a constant lag. I think this has to do with the amount of resources the project needs, and particularly the tileset (damn its huge right? xD), but maybe you know an anti-lag script... O_o

All the rest, it's perfect. All we need to do is help you out on the animations department.

I experience no lag at all, maybe it's time for a better computer? And yeah, Poccil...just take out those silly badges in the Pokegear.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
Hmm...let me explain it in as few words as possible...

This kit kicks ass and it pretty much replicates FR/LG/R/S/E 100% :)

Thanks for updating it Poccil ;) I just updated MS to this Release and am working on some new maps. I'm also thinking of re-mapping my game with my Kyledove tileset (I Posted it in Game Dev Resources for anyone who wants it)

Keep it up :cool:

Putting the answer simple gives me the point, lol. Thanks for that I have decided I am using this starter kit. :)

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Two questions... I hope someone can help me with. I will be grateful for any help;
1. How do I tell when the player has a certain item (for an ingame quest)
2. How do I show how many of a certain item I have collected in this menu;
pkmn_cb_img11.PNG

I've got the foundation seen here working, but actually showing the amount is eluding me...

- Nytewolf

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The PokemonBag class has a function, pbQuantity, that does exactly what you want. You can use it to check for the existence or amount of an item in the Bag. Here's how to use it:

Conditional branch for checking for the existence of an item:
Code:
$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)>0

Script example: Printing the number of items
Code:
itemname=PBItems.getName(PBItems::POTION)
itemqty=$PokemonBag.pbQuantity(PBItems::POTION)
print("#{itemqty}x #{itemname}")

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
What version of RPG Maker do you have to have for this to work, I cannot get this working. Is there a free version.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Poccil, there is a glitch appearing. For some reason if you compile your game and encrypt it for releases, some people get a missing character message. Whats up with that?

Please fix :) And Remember, it only happens if you compile it and Encrypt it, it will work fine if you compile it and leave it unencrypted....odd :\

error-2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
That was a trick I made in order to access files from the Characters folder as pictures. Unfortunately that didn't work; however I can edit RPG::Cache to make the trick work properly.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
That was a trick I made in order to access files from the Characters folder as pictures. Unfortunately that didn't work; however I can edit RPG::Cache to make the trick work properly.

O, once you do that send me the fix via PM. I made a temp fix atm but it costs is 400kb of extra download :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
Why can i a New Pokemon paste???

i will Turtwig a pokemon of diamond paste^^

in the pokestarter

hope can me Help

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
What version of RPG Maker do you have to have for this to work, I cannot get this working. Is there a free version.

Can anyone help me please. I need to get a working version of RPG Maker to be able to use the starter kit. Blizzys kit is working using the Postility Kights version. My trial version as now given up.

I need to know what exactly I need to download to get the starter kit working. I want to start making the first demo for a project I am doing at my community.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Can anyone help me please. I need to get a working version of RPG Maker to be able to use the starter kit. Blizzys kit is working using the Postility Kights version. My trial version as now given up.

How about you actually buy RPG Maker XP?

Why can i a New Pokemon paste???

i will Turtwig a pokemon of diamond paste^^

in the pokestarter

hope can me Help

Nobody can understand you at all and this is covered in the Notes.txt file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back