• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What antivirus do you use?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Been using Avast for nearly four years, and still using it. (: It runs quite efficiently, and doesn't affect my computer's speed at all. Well, it did slow down one of my old computers a bit, but I don't blame it on this. That computer was just… swarmed with viruses, so it was already slow. Also, I love how Avast optimizes your computer when playing games or watching movies, making it run much, much faster. It sends you couple of alerts every now and then which could get a bit annoying, but no worries—if you don't like it, you're free to disable it. I always wanted to upgrade to the pro version, but I'm not sure if I should; the free one seems to be working pretty well for me. xD"

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
For my mac I use absolutely nothing. But when I had my windows, I had used Malware.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been using Avast for two years now. It's a huge improvement and it's a lot better than any other antivirus I've used in the past. It runs silently in the background and updating is a breeze.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
For my mac I use absolutely nothing. But when I had my windows, I had used Malware.

It's still a good idea to install something on it, I recently removed a Mac Virus.
And I hope you meant "Malwarebytes", because "Malware" means "Virus".

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I use Norton.

Before you all explode on me, it wasn't my choice. My dad installed it without asking me since to him it's, "the best anti-virus software available". I mean, it does its job well, but it takes up so much memory, not to mention all the effort it takes to run. I would like to change, but I don't have the internet capacity at my house to download one. :/

Years
It's still a good idea to install something on it, I recently removed a Mac Virus.
And I hope you meant "Malwarebytes", because "Malware" means "Virus".
Going to have to agree with this. It's been known for years that Mac viruses weren't as common as viruses made for Windows, and it's causing people to develop more viruses for Macs just for fun I'm sure. And maybe even a Linux OS if you have one should have an antivirus on it if you want to be safe.

I use Norton.

Before you all explode on me, it wasn't my choice. My dad installed it without asking me since to him it's, "the best anti-virus software available". I mean, it does its job well, but it takes up so much memory, not to mention all the effort it takes to run. I would like to change, but I don't have the internet capacity at my house to download one. :/
That's exactly how my parents are. They use Norton, and I really wished they would change away from that **** because for one, I've caught viruses with Norton on my computer in the past that couldn't be removed, and ever since I've switched to Microsoft Security Essentials, I've been able to remove all viruses. Not only is MSE free from Microsoft, but you also don't have to uninstall it and reinstall the new version every year.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Going to have to agree with this. It's been known for years that Mac viruses weren't as common as viruses made for Windows, and it's causing people to develop more viruses for Macs just for fun I'm sure. And maybe even a Linux OS if you have one should have an antivirus on it if you want to be safe.

That's exactly how my parents are. They use Norton, and I really wished they would change away from that **** because for one, I've caught viruses with Norton on my computer in the past that couldn't be removed, and ever since I've switched to Microsoft Security Essentials, I've been able to remove all viruses. Not only is MSE free from Microsoft, but you also don't have to uninstall it and reinstall the new version every year.

Norton gives its free users viruses so they'll buy the paid version o.o

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I use Norton.

My parents used to be like that too, but since they know/knew I'm the real expert in terms of Computers, I started to take decisions about what had to happen to all of our Computers (except for siblings, they're a different subject).
But today, I'm managing Computers of my mother, as well as all of my family who lives in Poland.

Like:
Me: "I want to install Team Viewer on your PC".
They: "What does it do"?
Me: "I'll be able to help you on a distant, thanks to this".
They: "Great, install it"!

Years
(This thread reminded me to run a scan, haha)

I use Avast!, and I have for a while. I can't say I know much about which program is the best or anything, but my cousin suggested I get it, and it hasn't let me down thus far.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
i am using avast from the time i had a computer. Its a amazing antvirus for free. I download it and also had it registered and now its working great. not a single virus can stand a chance against avast. my computer is secured with walls so virus can't get a chance to attack the computer. i have amd athlon with AMD graphics card. there are lot of virus in internet. And many virus also attacking our computers. So i prefer to have avast. i tought total K7 security was good but later i get a extremely bad review of it. so i avoid it. Now my windows 7 ultimate is save and secure.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
ESET Nod32 with Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.
I'd swear by this setup.
I also have EMET setup for anything that connects to the internet basically.

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
AVG. Used Avast on my old computer, however it was annoying me when i open unknown programs (like emulators), so i had to change for a better one. So that's why i am currently using AVG.

Back