• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

CrieonX

King Kazma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
I didn't know and download it I'm new to this sorta

hello me again played finished the beta 2. nice to see it coming along smoothly. few things tho it seemed when I got to the second gym leader that he was stronger than I thought he/her(sprite of a man picture of misty) would be and Money was tight I liked this. it left me having to found a pokemon that was good for a defense against him that I could use. Don't really know what the house key is for o also when I headed for the guy with the running shoes the Aqua team girl didn't show on the screen. tell me when the hack or next beta comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Ok I found some visual bugs... I'm puttin' the pics in attachment, 'cause I can't get "Insert Picture" to work...

Nice hack, I like your simple but yet enjoyable mappin'style, kinda reminds me of Foullump... Nice Mikachu, not really fond of Pikachu but meh (named it Actionman!, dunno why:\)... Maybe you should change the overworld of the Prof... He looks just like Oak... Now, I noticed there are VERY many Johto references... Almost too many...
I could really tell you're a Cyndaquil-Fan, you're not alone ^^...
Love the music!

Now bugs:

The first pic: if you stand above the table and choose, this will happen.
second: Forgot the "P"...
third: Two Script errors in the school, didn't do a pic of the other one.
Fourth: See it yourself.
Fifth: Tile where it's not supposed to be... (HINT:WALL)
And another one: Some of the trash cans in 1:st Gym doesn't have block edit: Block covered by hero. I couldn't attach this one though.

Hope I helped.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Ok I found some visual bugs... I'm puttin' the pics in attachment, 'cause I can't get "Insert Picture" to work...

Nice hack, I like your simple but yet enjoyable mappin'style, kinda reminds me of Foullump... Nice Mikachu, not really fond of Pikachu but meh (named it Actionman!, dunno why:\)... Maybe you should change the overworld of the Prof... He looks just like Oak... Now, I noticed there are VERY many Johto references... Almost too many...
I could really tell you're a Cyndaquil-Fan, you're not alone ^^...
Love the music!

Now bugs:

The first pic: if you stand above the table and choose, this will happen.
second: Forgot the "P"...
third: Two Script errors in the school, didn't do a pic of the other one.
Fourth: See it yourself.
Fifth: Tile where it's not supposed to be... (HINT:WALL)
And another one: Some of the trash cans in 1:st Gym doesn't have block edit: Block covered by hero. I couldn't attach this one though.

Hope I helped.
Thanks for the bug report. I'll get around to fixing 'em...eventually... :P
No, seriously, you helped a lot.

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
Years
Sorry To Make My First First Post In This Thread A Bug Report But...

I Found 2 Related Glitches, I'll Attach Pics...

One: When You Get Mikachu It's.... Awkward.....

And Two: The Nickname Turned Into The Default Name (EDIT:I Know Someone Already Mentioned This But I Had A Pic Until It Removed It's Self)

EDIT: Another Glitch, Is That Guy Supposed To Be There?

EDIT 2:Odd... I Accidentally Quit Without Saving And Glitch 1 Didn't Happen...)

EDIT 3: I Accidentally Restarted And Glitch 1 Didn't Happen... Odd...

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Sorry To Make My First First Post In This Thread A Bug Report But...

I Found 2 Related Glitches, I'll Attach Pics...

One: When You Get Mikachu It's.... Awkward.....

And Two: The Nickname Turned Into The Default Name (EDIT:I Know Someone Already Mentioned This But I Had A Pic Until It Removed It's Self)

EDIT: Another Glitch, Is That Guy Supposed To Be There?

EDIT 2:Odd... I Accidentally Quit Without Saving And Glitch 1 Didn't Happen...)

EDIT 3: I Accidentally Restarted And Glitch 1 Didn't Happen... Odd...
Yeah, he is. You'll be able to get to him later.
And, hey, it doesn't matter if your first post's a bug report. I like those, because it helps me to make a good, bug-free game.

Last edited:

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I think I found a glitch. When you use Transform on Fernando's Raichu, Tackle and Thunderbolt both have only 5 PP left.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
I think I found a glitch. When you use Transform on Fernando's Raichu, Tackle and Thunderbolt both have only 5 PP left.
It's like that on all Pokémon games. When you use transform you'll always only have 5 PP of each of the opponent's moves.

Sierraffinity

Years
Don't worry, people. I'm still working on it (although progress was paused as I did other things) and Beta 3 should come out in September or October, maybe earlier.

EDIT: Some towns have been altered (some on a large scale, some not at all), and new Pokémon Centers and Gyms have also been implemented!
Also, I don't want this thread to die. Please, please, please post more!

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I don't comment much anymore but this hack looks pretty amazing. Visually I'm pleased. I'll play it when I have a chance but keep this one going.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
If you would have made the mikachu yellow it would look cooler.;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
I just downloaded this game today, and I gotta say, very nice. There's some bugs, but overall, pretty good.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
I love the combo of Pikachu and Mew. <3

And the game is pretty fun so far. The bus system is a nice touch. I haven't found any glitches yet, but I'll let you know when I do. I look forward to the next Beta.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
There's a glitch early on, at the route 1 gatehouse (the first one).

If you use the Town Map inside it, you end up on the other side of the bar making it impossible to get through.

If I could post a link, I'd link to a video of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
Did you add something in the second beta or did you just fix the bugs? cuz i can't find any difference

Back