• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will you name yourself and why?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'll just use my real name, like I always have (made the memory link feature in W2 absolutely hilarious since I used my real name in White)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I usually go with my actual name, Aaron, so I'll likely with that or maybe Kouzan. The girl appears to look better so if I pick her will probably just name her Erin or some girl name that I like or that seems fitting. Though if I like the default names I might go with that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have been leaning towards using many Hunger Games type names in my recent games, so I will most likely go with Prim- yes again. I really like the name and it's one of my favorite characters from the series. n_n

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I'm just going to go with one of my norms - Deceit or Shadow.
But if something interesting is revealed later, I might change my name to something new based on that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As for me, I'll be naming myself Forever, to follow the pattern I had in Unova. :3

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
In my main game (I haven't decided yet which one will be, if Pokemon X or Y) I always name the guy "Arqui" because it's a short nickname I like using when I play Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'll play the male character first, and I'll name him Bob. That's the only name I've ever used for a male character in Pokemon games (and, in fact, in almost all games). It's just automatic - whenever a game asks for a character name and it's not otherwise important to me, I name him Bob.

If the female player character appears in the game as an NPC if she's not played (like in RSE or DPPt), then the odds are that I won't ever play her, since she'll be a part of the game anyway. If she doesn't appear in the game at all unless she's played (like in FR/LG or B/W) then I'll probably play her, and she'll be named Ann, just like the others.

Years
I'm usually always my name, Nick, and a boy. (durrr) Every now and then I'll be the girl and use like, my cousins or my girlfriends name instead, haha. Depends on the trainer design, though.

Years
most likely I'll pick the female character and name her the romanji of her Japanese name, Like I did in White and White 2. why? why not? I might use her English name if its funny or cool enough.

Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
He shall be "Teckers."

Named hand-in-hand with the community behind my youtube channel, "we are the PokeTeckers!" :D

Thus I will be making a walkthrough series of videos, or maybe a Let's Play series for the game. :cheeky:

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
I never really name my characters after myself. I might name the female character in the version I get Jamie, after a really close friend ^.^

Years
I'm going to end up following the same formula I do with every game- name the main character after myself (Brendan), and the rival gets to keep their default name.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I always just use my own name, it's the names for my party members that I actually put a lot of thought into.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not really sure, but I'll keep the X and Y theme as my name. I'll start off playing with the female on my first run.

I'll either name her Xandra or Yancy.

Not sure what kind of nickname I'll give the Pokemon, maybe some French-African style names (from areas like Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin, or Cote D'Ivoire)

Back