• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Can anyone index these overworld making the overworlds look about the same they need to be 16 color.

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2007
On Advancetext, I cannot save something to my ini file. Every time I open okemon emerald, it says "create blank ini file" even after i hit save.. can i have some help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
EDIT*
When I change my sign post message I use this code:

#ORG $showtext 0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox $sign
boxset 0x06
release
end

#ORG $sign 1
=SNOWY VILLA\lWhere it snows 24/7!

It works...but when I add another script just like it for another person, it says the text I wrote .. then all these weird letters ?

and.. how do you change your character player?

I don't know why PokéScript made weird letters appear instead of the text, maybe it replaced something and the text wasn't changed.

To change the characters in the game you need Overworld Editor for the overworlds and unLZ GBA for the battle sprites.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2007
I was just checking the text-table converter and......

YAAY! I JUST DID MY FIRST DEBUG!

I was looking in the text-table and I found something. The line to translate the ! character is wrong. I've just posted the correct command database so either re-download or got into the file c:/pokewitch/pkmadv/texttable.psh

and change the following line:
#addtext #21 #ab

to
#addtext ! #AB

This mistake meant the ! character was causing the #FF (End of line) character to not be processed!
PS: I'll let Aunty Witch know about this too so she can update her version of the file.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Thanks Rin for finding that bug but it wont solve his problem...

It's a software bug in Bufrite's search proceedure.
Text is terminated with an 0xFF character and the searcher is looking for chunks of 0xFF... Means sometimes it's over-writing the text terminator.. I will fix it now, keep an eye out for the update.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I was triying to make a trainer with PET but I couldn't find it in PET.

It said something like this: The trainer has been added on offset 990000 and with the number -1.
But I don't get it -_-"

Which ROM are you using?
And it means that the new trainer was added in empty space of the ROM (offset 990000) and you can edit it.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Okay, for some reason, I've got a bad warp. It worked before, it would warp me outside of the house, but it doesn't that that anymore. But something even weirder happened, once you warp out of the house, the screen just goes black, and never actually warps you to where it should.

What happened? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I just have to take out that warp, and re-put it in?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Okay, for some reason, I've got a bad warp. It worked before, it would warp me outside of the house, but it doesn't that that anymore. But something even weirder happened, once you warp out of the house, the screen just goes black, and never actually warps you to where it should.

What happened? Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I just have to take out that warp, and re-put it in?

Is it just the warp, or when you enter the map the screen just goes black?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
You actually start warping, but as soon as you enter the map the screen goes black, as if it doesn't even load.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You actually start warping, but as soon as you enter the map the screen goes black, as if it doesn't even load.

Try going to that map normally. If the screen is black again then the map is corrupted.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Corrupted you say? Okay, I'll try it normally, but I have a feeling you're right with the whole corrupted.

Thanks Christos!

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2007
I know this seems like a bit of a long shot since lots of people have this problem, but does anybody know how to change the cry of Charizard on the opening of Fire Red?

Thanks!

- Ryuu

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@lukenetty Google is the answer. Zophar's domain have many hex editors. The hex editor i use is trasnlhextion. Just search for it, but i'm sure there are better ones out there

Hope this helps

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
Does anyone know of a universal tool? If not, can anyone recommend a way for me to start making one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back