• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aluminium Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
GC, as always, wishing you luck on the project. I still have my doubts with the D/P hero sprite, it always tends to do things weird (even if you change the rest of the OWs, then the tiles would look weird... smaller... compared to the OWs)

Anyway, I want to start hearing some new music! (you'll use music from D/P or from many games?)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
GC, as always, wishing you luck on the project. I still have my doubts with the D/P hero sprite, it always tends to do things weird (even if you change the rest of the OWs, then the tiles would look weird... smaller... compared to the OWs)

Anyway, I want to start hearing some new music! (you'll use music from D/P or from many games?)
Well the GBA screen is only 85% of the DS screen, and the sprite is already reduced by 1 pixel to fit, so you shouldn't really notice. I will change the rest of the overworlds soon.
Music? Maybe I could do a video. So watch for that.

Anyway, I know I've not updated much, sorry.
But this should make up for it.

rcentae2.png

^New city
rcent2yo1.png

^I just noticed a tiling error in this, I'll fix it (sand beneath rock)
Sort of inspired by the new mapping style in DP.
rcent4xz5.png

^As I already said PKMN Center will be changed
rcent8ql4.png

... ... ...
rcent99rk3.png

Small text
Also a subtle hint that I'll add more new POKEMON.
(A supernova is a collapse of a star BTW)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thanks everyone!
Legendary sprites? I have all sprites if thats what you mean.

Anyway, I've been scripting lately, so I've got some things to show.
I will change the lab tiles, but I'm not around to that yet and the Pokeball's are only purple temporarily, unless everyone likes them then they'll stay.
aluminiumkm6.png

aluminium2ah2.png

aluminium4aa5.png

aluminium5wa1.png

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
This is awesome, keep it up.

The pokeball is alright, will there be various pokeballs?

zak

xpert trainer
Years
hmmmm

i find that if palletes of colors clash they work if you re-insert them, ( the ones that are clashing) when i inserted a few custom sprites i couldnt go near them with the hero but when i re-inseerted the hero sprite it stopped happening , hope it help ya :D

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
This game ia wonder ful keep up the good work, wouldnt it be better if you programed the d/p starers into the game?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Thanks for your support everyone, ok, I have decided to switch to Fire-Red sprites. It's a very big job inserting the DP sprites. But this also makes it easier, because I have some plans for events with Lance and such later on in the game. I have some mission impossible midi music, so I was considering having an event invading Team Galactic's (or rocket as I may change it to now) hideout with that playing, that'd be nice. No promises though. I'm doing some finishing touches with the scripts in the first town and then back to mapping and some more scripts later on (including the GYM). So hopefully some big stuff soon.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Thanks for your support everyone, ok, I have decided to switch to Fire-Red sprites. It's a very big job inserting the DP sprites. But this also makes it easier, because I have some plans for events with Lance and such later on in the game. I have some mission impossible midi music, so I was considering having an event invading Team Galactic's (or rocket as I may change it to now) hideout with that playing, that'd be nice. No promises though. I'm doing some finishing touches with the scripts in the first town and then back to mapping and some more scripts later on (including the GYM). So hopefully some big stuff soon.

Well it's alright. I'm sure we can live with FR sprites. Well those things that you can't promise sound really cool, so hopefully you can pull them off. You're changing Team Galactic's name to Team Rocket? Why?

Oh, also clear your PM box. I need to send you something.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008

i dont know much about hacking, but isint this a pokemon ruby hack and you are going to use pokemon fire red tiles. isint it easier to hack firered than cuz u dont have to change the tiles?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
Well it's alright. I'm sure we can live with FR sprites. Well those things that you can't promise sound really cool, so hopefully you can pull them off. You're changing Team Galactic's name to Team Rocket? Why?

Oh, also clear your PM box. I need to send you something.

I'm not changing only the name, it's just if I'm inserting FR sprites it may as well be rocket.

Keep the purple PokéBalls sweetie, they rule. =D Good luck with your hack sweetie. =3
xD, thanks...

WOW! Cool! But the player is too big in comparison to other Sprites
I hadn''t finished inserting Dp sprites, although all sprites will be FR now.

i dont know much about hacking, but isint this a pokemon ruby hack and you are going to use pokemon fire red tiles. isint it easier to hack firered than cuz u dont have to change the tiles?
It's not what is easy, but what is good. The majority of things are for Ruby, but the tiles are awful, so I may as well replace them. I also don't like the whole FireRed "atmosphere".

Anyway, the interesting bit, new screens:
I still haven't inserting the FR hero yet, but I will.

Mt Glacier:
newaluminiumbh5.png

^Lucario statue
newaluminium5vb6.png

newaluminium6ju8.png

MT. Glacier is fairly hard for its place in the game, harder than Mt. Moon, but still not that hard.

First town:
newaluminium3nb9.png

zak

xpert trainer
Years

I'm not changing only the name, it's just if I'm inserting FR sprites it may as well be rocket.

xD, thanks...

I hadn''t finished inserting Dp sprites, although all sprites will be FR now.

It's not what is easy, but what is good. The majority of things are for Ruby, but the tiles are awful, so I may as well replace them. I also don't like the whole FireRed "atmosphere".

Anyway, the interesting bit, new screens:
I still haven't inserting the FR hero yet, but I will.

Mt Glacier:
newaluminiumbh5.png

^Lucario statue
newaluminium5vb6.png

newaluminium6ju8.png

MT. Glacier is fairly hard for its place in the game, harder than Mt. Moon, but still not that hard.

First town:
newaluminium3nb9.png

lookd pretty good charizard, those tree tiles are really good btw, .

..... oh also where did u get that lucario sprite from? coz ive seen it before somewhere but cant think where,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back