• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Special Spot in Your Heart

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Pretty much all of my starter Pokemon from the games.
Lancer the Blaistoise.
Blaze the Thyplosion.
Apollo the Empoleon.
Ameretsu the Blaziken.
And Olly the Dewott. (Kept him in on stage 2 evolution.)
Also, my Ampharos, Brynna, and my Lopunny. (don't remember the name. I'm terrible.)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Persian. The first Pokemon I really took an extreme liking to, and over a dozen years, five generations, and over 600 Pokemon later, still sits on the throne as my favorite Pokemon. Nobody has been able to replace it. I like it because (a) it's a cat and (b) it exudes an air of elegance and sophistication.

Of course, there's a trainer who I like even more than any of the Pokemon...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Quilava was my favorite Pokemon when I was younger.
Sceptile was my first Pokemon and the first one i got to 100.
Blaziken was my second starter Pokemon.
Rayquaza only because it took hours to catch & get him to lv 100.
Ho-Oh because it was the second Pokemon I used in Gold.
Ampharos because I use this type of Pokemon in every Johto region run.

Years
Charizard - Charmander was my first pokemon ever. It was my best pokemon. After that i just love everything about Charizard =)
Electivire - that first game i ever played was pokemon blue and i used Electabuzz in that game. It really helped me a lot.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Venasaur-My very first Pokemon I ever had and I still have it on my White. No matter what, Venasaur will always be my favorite Pokemon.
Umbreon-Ever since I played Pokemon Gale of Darkness, Umbreon has been a favorite of mine.
Jolteon-Jolteon was the first Eeveelution I ever had, so it ranks just a bit higher than Umbreon.
Persian-Another one of my first few Pokemon and it's hard not to admire Persian.

Dragonite-My first dragon type that I ever had and my favorite dragon type.

Mightyena-Another Pokemon I had in Gale of Darkness, it's definitely my favorite canine Pokemon.

Most of these Pokemon(in fact, all of these Pokemon) are ones that I had very early on in the game, even Dragonite, who I aquired through the game corner in Leafgreen. Sadly until I get the stuff I need to transfer over Pokemon from Gale of Darkness onto my handheld games, Umbreon, Mightyena, and to a lesser extent, Walrein will be staying on my Gamecube.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Feraligatr - First game I played, first Pokemon evurrrrr.
Snorlax - Snorlax, 'nuff said.
Mareep - Such a boss. Didn't evolve him one time and he was still a boss.

Years
Charizard - I had a charmander on the Red version and named him Fenriz (yup, like the guy from Dark Throne), I trained him super hard so he could beat Brock and Misty, he obviously evolved, and, oh God, I just killed everything with him.
Houndoom - Since little, I've been kind of weird, I've always liked metal and I thought that Houndoom was something like a metalhead pokemon.
Mew - Who doesn't love Mew, I mean, just listen it mewing :3

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Whimsicott- I got in the last easter egg swap
Alakazam- it was from my best friend and it was one of the first pokemon I ever got in a trade
Froslass-First one in HG that I ever got up to level 100

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've been through spells of just about every Pokemon being my favourite. I used to like the Pokemon that were most lively and dangerous looking but now I just like the chilled out ones that can't be bothered to fight, like Slowbro, Hypno, Exeggutor, Rhyhorn, Meganium, Snorlax, Venasaur, Lapras, Donphan, Slaking, Bibarel, Bastiodon, Floatzel... all of them.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Sandshrew (duh)- I just love Sandshrews. I dont know why. Sandshrews are just awesome.
Makuhita- One of my first pokemon cards ever. I loved that thing. I also had one it Diamond and I refused to let it evolve. Its a pokesumo! Whats not to like?
Thats all I can think of right now.

aquavi

scintillating starmie
Years
This thread has been an interesting read!

I have a couple...
Meganium -- I was so proud in grade school that I had a level 92 one, it was the highest level out of all of my friends' Pokemon. I don't use one anymore but it's my favorite grass type.

Vaporeon -- the first Pokemon I got to level 100. I have a thing for water types (who would've guessed) and a generic soft spot for eeveelutions so this one's a shoe-in for my favorite.

Mawile -- I have no idea why I like this little guy so much. His stats suck and he's just all-around pretty useless... but I really like his design and I think he's cute. I dunno, haha.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Jolteon - Favorite Eeveelution.
Togekiss - I remember taking forever to get my Togekiss in the original GSC. When I found out it had an evolution in 4th gen, I was all over it.
Weavile - I loved Sneasel, too, so naturally, I was thrilled to find out it had an evolution, too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Bulbasaur and Golem due to their looks. Charizard in 3rd place because of how nice Ash's Charizard looked at "Mewtwo strikes back".

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Cherrim
If you know me, obvious reasons. It's been my favourite Pokemon since 2006 and I literally don't know of anyone else in the world who loves it as much as I do. I dare you to find someone. I dare you. I've described why I like it a lot in the past but at this point it just sort of transcends the Pokemon itself, if that even makes sense. Whenever I start to think "Pokemon is getting kind of boring, I won't get the next game at all", I remember that I can train another Cherrim and then I'm already excited to play. It's my top favourite so I don't think its entry in this thread is very interesting for me. Cherrim was also the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100 without cheating (aka rare candy duplication).

Pichu
Before Cherrim, Pichu was my favourite. It still shows in my household because I have so much Pichu stuff. I don't collect it anymore, but I still look fondly on my merch and I still really like the Pokemon even if I don't use it (well, its evolution line) in teams anymore. People have usually hated on Pichu in the past since it was so "unnecessary" and that still makes me sad to see. It might not be my favourite Pokemon (or even favourite electric type) anymore but it will always have a special place in my heart for being #1 for so many years.

Probopass
I won't even try to explain this one. It's probably my favourite Pokemon after Cherrim and I only started to like it because of an inside joke with my best friend. Not even joke, we both just stupidly thought it had a nose hair fro until someone mentioned its moustache one day and we looked at each other and went "oh my god we are so dumb" but we already liked it for a stupid reason so we still like it now. It also makes me sad how much people hate it. ;_;

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Squirtle, my first Pokemon. Everybody remembers their first Pokemon right?
Snorlax, my first level 100, the one that I use for my username, the one and only mighty Snorlax, my favourite Pokemon.
Dodrio, the other memorable level 100, my first for my Gold game, where I probably clocked the most hours on, basicly where I spent most of my time talking to NPCs and other shenanigans. GOD I LOVE POKEMON G/S/C.
Feraligatr, my starter in my favourite game, Pokemon Gold. Regularly Ice Punch the crap out of Lance's Pokemon in my countless of runs in the Elite 4.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Eevee i always like that pokemon and all the evolutions it could have.
I also liked machop and his evolutions they were awesome

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I guess that "special spot" for me would belong to Suicune, the mascot of the first game I played! It brings back all the nostalgia for me.

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
Only four Pokemon were considered special to me!
Blaziken because he was the best Pokemon I had also the first level 100 I ever had.
Gardevoir my best and only psychic type Pokemon I ever got and wanted.
Mawile was the only Pokemon to ever give me a problem in trying to catch it.
Glaceon my favorite eevee evolution since it is was my best ice type and its design was awesome in my eyes.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Charizard, Garchomp, and Haxorus. Mean the most to me, I have special place for dragons and these three has helped me out of many binds and started many sweeps for me. Always took pride where one of them would take out 3 or more pokemon before it gets KO if at all.

Love Umbreon as well mainly because it was soo cool looking and Jolteon because it was my first gen Eevee evolve Id go to.

Back