• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everybody hate Buizel?

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
Its Attack is rather mediocre if not outright poor, and its defenses are below the average of much more offensive Pokémon. Its only great stat is speed and even that is not all that great in-game.
So my question is: what's not to hate? It's a downright awful all-out attacker with less offensive capability than most defensive water-types.

So it's design which, I don't find that appealing, is the only real reason to use it over other DPPt-waters like Gyarados, Palkia, Gastrodon, Azumarill or Empoleon

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I love Buizel! It is adorable and is one of my favorite Sinnoh pokemon. I also used one in my Pearl and I loved it. It was a great part of my team.

Again, it is adorable. I mean, look at it!

th

Torrentblade

Bring on the flood.
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013
I love the combination it uses when you use it's reasonably high speed combined with a quick attack or a STAB water gun+mystic water technique.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like Buizel
It has a nice appearance being an otter with 2 tails, has good offensive stats, good typing and a nice evolution.

What's to hate?

Tackle

Pancham
Years
Who hates Buizel? I'll kill him/her! Buizel's cute and has good defensive. It design's awesome.

Years
I love buizel's design, though floatzel bothers me. I should try running through a game with a buizel I never evolve. xD

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Buizel is in my opinion, easily the best designed water Pokemon from Sinnoh. (Note that I'm not a fan of Sinnoh, at all)

I can see how some people can hate him though. When I was little, I hated Charizard, Pidgeot and Gyarados, simply because, well, everybody had them on their team. They are still awesome Pokemon, but I hated it how everybody kept bragging about them saying that they were the greatest Pokemon ever and how you must use them on your team. Maybe there are some peeps that act the same way when it comes down to the lil' otter?

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Buizel, and its evolution Floatzel, are easily my favorite Water-type Pokemon. I think its design is pretty cool and has pretty decent stats that are just fine for in-game. I used one in my first playthrough of White 2.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like Buizel a lot, actually. I use one in my Heart Gold team and he's great :)

Why should someone hate Buizel? :(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've seen very few hate on Buizel; where did you get the idea of Buizel being hated? 4chan?

He's basically a physical version of Starmie when it evolves into Floatzel, making him a decent Water type.

Its Attack is rather mediocre if not outright poor, and its defenses are below the average of much more offensive Pokémon. Its only great stat is speed and even that is not all that great in-game.
So my question is: what's not to hate? It's a downright awful all-out attacker with less offensive capability than most defensive water-types.

So it's design which, I don't find that appealing, is the only real reason to use it over other DPPt-waters like Gyarados, Palkia, Gastrodon, Azumarill or Empoleon

Yet you aren't bothered about Starmie, who is also similar to Buizel?

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
He's basically a physical version of Starmie when it evolves into Floatzel, making him a decent Water type.

Yet you aren't bothered about Starmie, who is also similar to Buizel?

Personally I don't like Starmie. I did not mention him, because this thread isn't about Starmie. There are, however, some redeeming factors in Starmie that make him a compelling choice for ingame play and have secured him a spot in OU for over a decade.

Comparing them side by side there are some major differences.
- Surf is a stronger STAB than Waterfall and more accurate STAB than Aqua Tail.
- Starmie's has a potent secondary STAB in Psychic
- Starmie with Thunder (Bolt) and Ice Beam / Blizzard has amazingly powerful coverage
- Floatzel's coverage options include Dig, 65 BP Ice Fang and Focus Blast not too horrible but certainly not amazing
- Starmie is somewhat more durable though they are both kind of frail.

Another reason I did not mention Starmie is simply because he isn't readily available in DPPt until post-game. There is no denying that - to a certain extent - Floatzel is pretty decent, and I'd be the last person telling anyone what to use. I have consistently used Pokémon on my team that are much much worse than Floatzel. The OP simply asked why people don't like Buizel and I gave him my reasons for disliking Floatzel.

Last edited:
Years
I like i dont care what other people think there my favorite pokemon

Haters are going to hate right? well i just think that they should keep there hate to there self!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I like Buizel quite a lot. Possibly more than Prinplup, but not the whole Piplup-Prinplup-Empoleon family - he has a great movepool and design for sure, but sadly Floatzel lets him down. I couldn't see a better evolution, but I'd prefer if Buizel was stronger and just didn't have one. I just don't like the design for some reason. But Buizel's cool.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
I've never met anybody who hates Buizel! How could anyone? He's one of the cutest and coolest designs. I thought he was quite a 'favourite' among the Pokemon in the new generation.

I know quite a lot of people hate Bidoof/Bibarrel and Patrat/Watchog, which is fair enough. I think Bidoof is kinda cute and comical, but the other three are creepy!

However I have never heard of anyone hating Buizel, I thought he was quite popular? He's tough, cute, and one of the best pokemon in the Anime.

Back