• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We got the (earth) power! [Ground type club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Name- Melissa
Partner Pokemon (only one)- Cubone
Why do you want to join?- Because two of my favourite pokemon are ground types (Cubone and Sandshrew), And I love ground types.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Name - Umbr30n
Partner Pokemon (Only one) - Groudon
Why do you want to join - Ground is one of my ever-lasting allies. It helped me a lot in Pokemon Fire Red and some of my favourite Pokemon are Ground-Type! Need I say more?

What is your favorite ground type move and why?

Well, I have two. They are both very strong moves, and they are both used for strategy. Well, sometimes, obviously not always, I wouldn't know who uses Tactics/Strategies or who would use all-out power.

Earthquake because it's such a strong move! It is also very useful for many people, and power goes from 100 to 150 if the Pokemon using it is Ground-Type! Also, it is very effective against five Types, which really packs a punch to many Pokemon (But not Flying-Types, they're just boasting about the fact that they are immune to Ground-Types HOWEVER there are obvious exceptions). Also, almost all Ground-Type Pokemon have very high Attack which ups Earthquake's power even more! Plus there is a TM for it, which really can make a person happy knowing there are more ways than one just to get a Pokemon with Earthquake... Earthquake can really make a Pokemon formidable, and they can trip up Pokemon that are sweepers themselves quite easily. It's the best offensive Ground-Type move for Pokemon without the ability to learn Fissure, the ultimate Ground-Type move.

Fissure because it is an all-out, 1-hit K-O move. It may have low Accuracy (30% to be exact) but still, it is quite a good move for it's amount of PP (Keeping in mind that you won't have SEVEN FISSURES missing the opponent, but 2-5 instead). Back in Generation I, this was a big rocker. It had it's own TM, surprisingly, and FOURTEEN Pokemon can learn it by level up as of Generation V. Nine Pokemon can learn it via breeding, and just about 30 Pokemon can learn it through TM. That is just over a fifth of the Pokemon of Generation I that can learn it. So actually, it was quite a common move itself, until the later Generations, where the quantity was reduced to only 23 (Except in Generation II, if you use Transfer to transfer the Fissure Pokemon to Generation II). It is risky, but that's the fun of the battle, isn't it? Taking risks to make things like battles more fun?

It's quite a good thing that all of the Pokemon Types weak to Ground are all quite common! But they still can be quite rare, but you can get information on where to find them by battling a Trainer's Ground-Type to gain information about it!

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Ok, so we now have a "who's that pokemon" contest. You get +2 points if you are the first to guess it right and +0 points if you get it wrong. Anyone can post a "who's that pokemon" contest but only one at a time. Also the person who submits the contest cannot answer (obviously). So here is the first one-
It lives in cold water, half burying itself in mud at the bottom to sleep.
You also only get one try.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Ok, so we now have a "who's that pokemon" contest. You get +2 points if you are the first to guess it right and +0 points if you get it wrong. Anyone can post a "who's that pokemon" contest but only one at a time. Also the person who submits the contest cannot answer (obviously). So here is the first one-

Haha, this is going to be fun. But also you should edit a pic of the pokemon on the first page once someone gets it so people coming in know whos the current pokemon. Well, lets see if i can guess who it is ....later

Is it okay if I PM you my answer just so the others can get a shot at the contest?

Last edited:

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

I'm not going to answer this one, but may I give a little advice? Be careful not to write a Pokedex Entry, because somebody could easily look it up; You might need to write it in a way that is not a real Pokedex Entry and would therefore be harder. I'm not saying you have written a Pokedex Entry, but please take this note in consideration.

I must catch up with the topics!

What is your favorite Ground-Type Pokemon and why?

That would be Garchomp because it is awesome. But I know I use it too much when I shouldn't, so I tend to have Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Groudon. None the less, Garchomp is a great Pseudo-Legendary, with great speed. Garchomp has a great Move-Set and can learn the ever-powerful move Draco Meteor (Although it is not very good with it, as it is much better at balanced statistics). It can also prove to be a wall at times due to it's decent Defense and Special Defense, making it quite a good wall for it's Speed. It is also a great Physical Attacker (Typically, as it's a Dragon-Type) which makes it very formidable in many ways; But when it comes to need for Special Moves, forget about it, as it is Garchomp's worst Statistic. Also remember that Garchomp's Defenses can still be dramatically lowered, which is when its greatness goes from 100% to about 40%.

But, I also like Rhyperior for many reasons. It's a very superior Pokemon who's Tank has been took up to the next level (Literally) and it becomes almost UNBEATABLE if you don't have any Special Attacks with you. It's what they say - "Never use a Physical Attack on Rhyperior". If you don't defeat IT, it will demolish you. There isn't many Pokemon that can survive Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker easily. The Pokemon that DO survive it are either bad at attacking, or just have high Physical Attack and not Special Attack. Also, due to Rhyperior's high HP, you can't just rely on all Special Moves, you got to rely on the strong ones (Which aren't Electric of course) to faint it. Most tactical Rhyperiors have Focus Sashes so they still have a chance for demolishing your Pokemon. But I have to say, it's Pokedex Entry about shooting out Geodudes is just ridiculous in my opinion. I mean, come on, that's just totally weird. But still, Rhyperior is a good Pokemon for many sorts of occasions, even if you are troubled somewhat by using it. Just don't use it against Pokemon with high Special Attack...

I like Groudon too, but not as much as the others. I don't really think it is the best at... You know, it's Type getting recognized. Many people mistake Groudon for a Fire-Type rather than a Ground-Type. Also, poor Groudon always has it's name spelled wrong! But, hey, don't treat it like a child, IT'S A LEGENDARY FOR GOD'S SAKE. It can learn Fissure... Which makes it very good. It can also be a great offensive Ground-Type, as it learns many elemental moves... Also, it's Drought Ability makes it a very good Tactical Pokemon, has Groudon learns a lot of Fire-Type moves too. Just don't mess with Groudon. It's the strongest Ground-Type (Excluding Ground Arceus), which means it can PWN many other Pokemon which aren't otherwise weak to Ground already. Groudon has an immunity to Electric, what perhaps could be one of the greatest sweepers around, which makes it extra useful. But please don't mention the design... Please...

Ground-Types always live up to my expectations... Always. They made a Ground-Type that dueled with it's duo peer, shaping the land... I wonder what the next Generation (If there will be) has to offer... But for now, only time will tell.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. New Who's That Pokemon!
This pokemon can have the ability Rock Head. It is around 3 feet and is known to tap out messages to communicate with others of its species.
I hope this one isn't to easy :)

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Meh, no problemo bro ;). Mind if I introduce a new topic?

If you could create your ideal ground type what would it be like?(no restrictions on detail, or even the creation of an entire pokemon from scratch)

CourageHound

Years
Basicly. Or you can describe the main attributes you desire for a new ground type. I havnt thought about it much yet but my ground type would have to be bulky in body type. It just fits like that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back