• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Hmm, a Normal type mascot. That would indeed be very interesting, though I'd prefer they not waste a sub-type on Normal when they can utilize it for something else. I DON'T EVEN KNOW OK.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Normal... hmm maybe Xerneas is Poison...we need a legend of that type, and mascot if we're not counting Venusaur here... however Poison is even less likely than Normal imo.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Normal... Neither of them really look normal so I would wonder where that'd fit in tbh.

A pokemon is given the Normal type when it has no other type association, there is no "Normal look", it is the absence of elemental features.

And given how no one seems to figure any type that others recognize, it even sounds like the most realistic possibility here (feels like the whole Sylveon dilemma now that I think about it LOL)...personally I thought it would be a conceptual Grass just like most of the other mascots don't show their type but it makes perfect sense in plot-context, but there is people suggesting about just every type from Electric, Ice, Steel, Psychic, being the more prominent ones..

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think the difference here is that we all see aspects of those different typings, not the lack of any in particular. That's why I'm personally against it being Normal typed. It's definitely possible, but I don't see it happening. Plus, Normal typing doesn't really scream "legendary" to me, but then again we do have Meloetta (although it's dual-typed =P).

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I think the difference here is that we all see aspects of those different typings, not the lack of any in particular. That's why I'm personally against it being Normal typed. It's definitely possible, but I don't see it happening. Plus, Normal typing doesn't really scream "legendary" to me, but then again we do have Meloetta (although it's dual-typed =P).

And Arceus and Regigigas ;)

Yeah, it probably won't be Normal, but the possibility is more realistic than say... Bug, Dragon or something.

Years
I don't really care what type Xerneas turns out to be. I'm just in love with its design! I mean it's just such a beautiful pokemon. That's why I'm getting X version no matter what.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Hey listen to this.This is my edition of Xerneas pokedex entry

Xerneas-Transportation Pokemon

It gathers souls from deceased pokemon and humans with its antlers.
When it has a great amount of them the antlers shine brightly indicating that it has to go deposit the souls in the underworld.

Years
True, they look awesome. It really says a lot when we can't figure out the types of the new Pokémon except for the starters. Makes me eager to see the third legend...if they don't pull a Suicune on us that is.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
It gathers souls from deceased pokemon and humans with its antlers. When it has a great amount of them the antlers shine brightly indicating that it has to go deposit the souls in the underworld.

That is a pretty sweet pokedex entry, and it makes sense with his antlers glowing different colours (represents the dead pokemons type, eg. One of his antlers glows red, so it could be the soul(s) of a fire pokemon). However I question Xerneas' relation to the underworld, I think that Yveltal would be a better candidate for this job due to his demon-like design.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think that sounds awesome honestly. Gathering souls with antlers...

I guess it'd make it some kind of reaper really :x

Years
I've read that the stags may represent the four winds or the four elements. If winds than perhaps Xerneas is part Normal after all (since there's no wind type I see Normal and Flying as it's substitutes). If elements then maybe Xerneas secondary typing will change depending on an item...
Of course though we aren't really sure if they are based on Norse myth. And even if they are it doesn't mean it's typing is impacted by it...after all Lugia wasn't Dragon/Water despite having been based on a Japanese sea god who happens to be a Dragon (however it does show up in it's move pool...).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can't see it being related to wind at all... like, really. :x I mean Steel I get, and Fighting, and Grass, etc, but wind/flying, despite what it represents I just don't see how it is, given that Yveltal was the one in the sky anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Still, it does look kind of steel plated, like part steel part... crystal, I guess. :x

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I found something interesting about Yveltal and the light type.
Yveltal is supposed to be a Quetzalcoatl
In the west(France-Western Europe) the Quetzalcoatl was the god of light, mercy and wind
But the point is that that Quetzalcoatl was white not red and black like yveltal(Well white is faintly seen his eye color)The red one was the god of gold, farming and Spring time
The Black one the god of judgment, night, deceit, sorcery and the Earth

So lets say that they only go with the West and not with the colors
Light/Flying??

How about this pokedex entry

Yveltal-Judgement Pokemon

Yveltal watches the world and senses any kind of injustice.If it spots one it will dive from the sky to find its target.If the criminal has regretted Yveltal shall purify his soul by emitting a light from its body.If he hasnt Yveltal emits a dark aura and a terrible fate awaits the criminal.

Big entry i know.I believe Yveltal will be the primary target of the criminal organization because it senses injustice so they will want to stop it.

I firmly believe that Yveltal shall serve justice and will be intolerant to anything opposing it.

Back