• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

- The Dojo - The Fighting Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years

Welcome to the Dojo!
The Fighting Type Fanclub

1380827948509.png
sticker,375x360.png
1m9Hj.png

Welcome to the Dojo. A club dedicated to the hard hitting, incredibly solid, nigh unstoppable Fighting type.
If you like fighting types this is the place for you.

Sign-Up Form
Username:
1 Partner Pokemon(Nickname):
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic.

Members List
- Christopher
214.png

Cloysteroyster
448.png

Hikari10
674.png

Nymphadora
448.png

Sheep
237.png

bulbaturtle
475.png

Aslan
308.png

~Pokemon List~
Spoiler:

Current Topics
Are you disappointed in the lack of 6th gen fighting Types?
Who is your Favorite Fighting type gym leader, and why?
The Fighting type has many different type combinations, though it has yet to be paired with: Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Ground, Ice or Normal. Which one of these types would you like to see the fighting type paired with?
What are your favorite fighting-type Pokémon, and why do you like them?

1892304-067machoke.png
hitmonlee.png
1371044101155.png

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Lucario
Reason for joining: Fighting-types are extremely offensive and defensive. They are powerful and good against Normal, Ice, Rock, Steel and Dark types, and only are weak to Psychic and Flying. Their moves can deal a lot of damage or counter their opponents and dish some right back.
Answer a current topic: I am a tad disappointed with the lack of new Fighting-types, but with the 4 we did get, use them wisely, they can be pretty tough.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Hikari10
1 Partner Pokemon: Pancham
Reason for joining: Fighting-types are one of the strongest offensive types out there, tying with Ground for the most types they're super-effective against, plus most of them are badasses in their own right.

I'll answer two topics for the heck of it.

Are you disapointed in the lack of 6th gen fighting Types?
Well given Kalos had a huge lack of new Pokemon in general, I wasn't sad at all. But I was still happy with the ones we got, especially the Pancham line. Oh god they are my new faves, because I always wanted a proper panda Pokemon, and we did get Chespin's final evolution be part-Fighting as well.

Korrina! She's one heck of a cool girl, with the fact she rides on rollerskates and understands the secret to Mega Evolution. I do love all of the female Gym Leaders in Kalos but I never loved a Fighting Gym Leader much until she came.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the club you two.

Guess I should answer a topic:
Yes and no, I would have liked a few more but the ones we got are great. I used a Pangoro on my Y team and it was amazing. I've never really used a Chesnaught but I'm EV training one so we'll see how that goes. I don't really care for Hawlucha's design but damn can that thing put the hurt on you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
1 Partner Pokemon: Lucario.
Reason for joining: I like fighting-types Pokémon. When it comes to battling, I always make sure to have one on my team.

Gen six lacked a variety of types (not just fighting), so to be honest, I wasn't very disappointed. It would've been nice if they'd given us a few extra fighting-types, though. One Pokémon that I really looked forward to seeing is an evolution for Lucario, but unfortunately, they didn't deliver that to us... oh well, at least they made up for it by giving it a mega-evolution.

Chuck, most likely, as he reminds me of one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. He's got an extended belly, though. If Chuck didn't have that, then he would've looked exactly like him, I'm sure. xD Aside from Chuck, I like Korrina, too. One of my other favorites would have to be Brawly.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the club.

My favorite is also Chuck, mainly because he looks exactly like my uncle whose also named Chuck. :D

New Topic:
The Fighting type has many different type combinations, though it has yet to be paired with: Dragon,Electric,Fairy, Ghost,Ground, Ice or Normal. Which one of these types would you like to see the fighting type paired with?

That Topic got wordier than I intended.
I would like to see a Normal/Fighting Pokemon, I really thought Diggersby might be one when it was first leaked but you know how that went.

Years
Username: Sheep
1 Partner Pokemon: Hitmontop
Reason for joining: I'm a pretty big fan of some of the newer fighting types we've gotten, especially those from the fourth to sixth generations. Yes yes! There's also Hitmontop in generation two, Lucario, and more recently mega Medicham.. such great Pokemon.

Hm.. Chuck, probably, mostly due to nostalgia. I like his upbeat personality and it's very similar to other characters like Wattson and Crasher Wake. His team was also pretty darn good. I also liked Bruno quite a lot even if he isn't a gym leader, especially in the manga.

Years
The Fighting type has many different type combinations, though it has yet to be paired with: Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Ground or Ice. Which one of these types would you like to see the fighting type paired with?

I'd like to see an Electric/Fighting-type, ever since I saw the typing used on a Fakemon ages back. Dragon/Fighting would be an interesting one too, despite having that annoying 4x weakness to Fairy. Ghost/Fighting seems like a good one too, it was such a shame they didn't make Golurk that typing given all the punching moves it learns.

@Christopher: Meloetta's Pirouette Forme is a Normal/Fighting-type, so yeah we already have something with that combination.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the Club Sheep.

@Hikari10- Totally forgot about Meloetta, I'd still like to see a non-legend Normal/Fighting type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The Fighting type has many different type combinations, though it has yet to be paired with: Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Ground, Ice or Normal. Which one of these types would you like to see the fighting type paired with?
I think it would've been pretty cool if they'd given us a dragon- and fighting-type Pokémon. Design-wise, it would be quite sweet if they made it look similar to "Five-Headed Dragon" from Yu-Gi-Oh. Statistically, perhaps they could make it have high Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stat. This way, we should be able to use it as some sort of a sweeper or revenge-killer. :) Besides that, it'd be nice to see a ghost-fighting Pokémon, too, as well as ground and fighting.

Bulbartle

Banned for being awesome
Years
User:bulbartle
Partner:Gallade
Reason:
Yes I do because fighting type is my favorite type since Gen.4

Brawly! Because he's the coolest gym leader IMO

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hope you don't mind if I kick-off a new topic, Christopher! So, guys... what are your favorite fighting-type Pokémon, and why do you like them? For me, it'd have to be Lucario. It looks quite epic in terms of design, and could be pretty useful when it comes to battling. It's got good offensive stats, and its Speed is purely awesome. It has access to a wide range of moves as well. You just need to be a little careful when you have it out on the field, though, as it has many weaknesses. Another of my favorites would have to be Machamp. This Pokémon has the No Guard ability, and thanks to DynamicPunch, it should be able to take down any of your opponent's Pokémon instantly. Beside these two, I also like Conkeldurr, Pangoro, Scrafty, and Hitmontop. (:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
1 Partner Pokemon: Medicham

Reason for joining: I love fighting types! They're creations of pure badassery. I mean how many things can you look at and automatically think of Bruce Lee, Kung Fu Panda or Chuck Norris? Not many! In all seriousness though, you have to admire them with all of their flashy kicks and punches. Smashing a block of wood in half? No problem-o. KOing everything in their path? Not that hard. I'd definitely hate getting in a fight with any of them. XD

Somewhat disappointed. We got Chesnaught and the Pancham line though, both of which are great pokemon in general. Hawlucha, I'm not a big fan of. It's colourful but the design is iffy. As for the mega evolutions, Blaziken and Lucario were badass. The others though, I don't even. Just look at Medicham and Heracross. :I

They definitely did try to include some great fighting types so I'm not disappointed in overall numbers. However, some of the designs could of been done better. :(

Chuck! Mainly because I think of Chuck Norris and that's pretty sweet. Another reason would be his personality. There's just something I immensenly like about him. Korrina's good as well, although my vote would go to everyone's favourite pixelized wrestler.

Favourite fighting type?

Definitely Medicham, no question about it. I've used one in Y and its been the most amazing team member. I love its Hi Jump Kick, its Psychic, everything about it. A close favourite would be Breloom for cuteness, Infernape for pure power and badassery, finally concluding with water ponies that have secret swords. I like the whole type in general though, there's not many that I particularly dislike. :]

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
a welcome to Bulbaturtle & Aslan

what are your favorite fighting-type Pokémon, and why do you like them?
It's a tie between Heracross & Medicham. It no BSing took me half an hour to decide which one of them to use in this club. I've loved Heracross since one fell out of a tree in my Silver game. Medicham was an acquired taste after getting one in a Emerald Nuzlocke, it was one of only two pokemon to survive the E4 after that I made sure to have one on nearly every team since.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Here are all 3 of my Fighting monotype teams

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

I have a fair share of fave Fighting-types, but one that really stands out is Lucario. I always adored this thing's good offensive stats, speed and its diverse movepool allowing him to destroy a lot of things in his tracks, plus he got a Mega. No wonder he's loved by fans so much.

And there's the Pancham line, I love how their design was influenced by the bancho, which explains Pangoro being part-Dark and the leaf sticking out of their mouth. Recently used one in my X playthrough and oh man it hits very hard. I always loved pandas so no wonder it became a fave of mine very fast!

Years

Mienshao has always been my precious and is part of why I started liking fighting types to begin with. The design is absolutely adorable and pretty accurate to a real-life ferret.. and I have loads of fun abusing Swords Dance, assuming I have the chance to set up, and then taking everything out with a High Jump Kick. Nothing is more fun. :D

Years
Username: hypnoticsoul
1 Partner Pokemon: Scrafty
Reason for joining: I love fighting type Pokemon:)
My favorites are Scrafty and Meinfoo. I like Scrafty because they're hoodlums and the sweet crest they have on their heads.(even thought they're sometimes considered racist) I like Meinfoo because they're super adorable and have that serious expression on their face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back