• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Master Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
Years
It's cool, I tried loading pictures on there for a RMXP project of mine and it was a little over 200 and it took awhile, you have the screenshots and it's uploading, so it's okay. What's waiting a little bit more, patience is a valuable virtue.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
The screenshots have been posted and ready for everyone's viewing. Enjoy and post away, the next big update is at 280. Of course there will be occasional small screenshots posted before the major updates.

Last edited:

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
Years
Wow, I'm even more impressed, after seeing those screenshots, this game is going to be well worth the wait. I'll gladly support this game. Great work, so far, Phoenixprime.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Well, nice screenies actually but here is some advice.
  • Change the screenshot to a smaller resolution (240x160).
  • Just show out some important screenshot instead of putting out those system which
    everyone can get it like name input or what thing.
  • Place your screenshot in spoiler. ( It tooks lots of time to load )

Hope this help!

phoenixprime88b5

Years
Well, nice screenies actually but here is some advice.
  • Change the screenshot to a smaller resolution (240x160).
  • Just show out some important screenshot instead of putting out those system which
    everyone can get it like name input or what thing.
  • Place your screenshot in spoiler. ( It tooks lots of time to load )

Hope this help!

Well I took the screenshots through the game, maybe it was the resolution while taking them in-game, I'll keep that in mind, I accidently let the system stuff slip through, I had to go through alot of photos so I guess so of those got by.

The screenshots are in the spoilers now, thanks for the sharp eye, I had to look around for that, I wasn't sure how to do it at first.

* I apologize if some of you are overwhelmed by the amount of screenshots, but let me explain of why the big amount. It was a rewrite of the original screenshots on the first posts that introduced the game, because there were certain scenes, events or characters that were either changed, removed or edited (as an example, the main hero from the original had the yellow instead of the now red, even though that was not a big deal, there were other big changes). So all contining and future posts will be under 10 screenshots and will be shown in current posts further ahead in the thread. These 150 screenshots was just to rewrite the first post screenshots and show the current status of the game, meaning it's basically at Ecruteak City.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, time and interest in this Fan Game and I hope to hear more from you all in the future development of this project.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

well... i see a lot of mapping errors, you need to work on that quite a bit.
the storyline is pretty good though. (ive played through it so i know)
what the heck is up with ecretueak? it looks like all the buildings are gone.. is that the new gym in ecretueak or something?

keep up the great work! ^_^

phoenixprime88b5

Years
well... i see a lot of mapping errors, you need to work on that quite a bit.
the storyline is pretty good though. (ive played through it so i know)
what the heck is up with ecretueak? it looks like all the buildings are gone.. is that the new gym in ecretueak or something?

keep up the great work! ^_^

Thanks for the watchful eye, I'll differently be editing the maps, I'm trying to get the game eventrs dealt with before trying to worry about the maps. I would be further along the in the game but for some reason I'm having issues with the trainer battles to work, I asked Poccil about it and he gave me a updated fix for the script but it still didn't work, this is kind of halting the game progress but I'm working on it so don't worry.

Oh, and the deal with Ecruteak City is the changes that occur do to a strange event that happens in the game, since this is a few years after the previous 'official' Pokemon games, some things gave changed in Johto and Ecruteak will definitely show that change which attributes to Gym as well as the placement of buildings...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Why are some of the sprites bad quality?

For example, the Archie sprite and the Pokémon overworlds have strange colours, while other sprites, for example the Johto gym leaders, have been resized strangely.

And are you sure you have permission to use those sprites? From what I've heard about Coronis, he wouldn't let just anybody use them... Crediting the maker is completely different than getting permission.

phoenixprime88b5

Years
Coronis has been credited since the beginning and no one has ever said anything until now, and I had the johto gym leader pics up before the update. I don't have a team of people to create new sprites or know certain sites where I can find the normal looking sprites and the Gym leaders have been resized because they were not in the 128x128 format, I did my best to resize them.

If I crediting someone isn't enough then either give me a email so I can ask him or help me find someone to make Johto Gym Leader Sprites for me or a site to get Johto Gym Leader Sprites. I've been trying to recruit for scripters, mappers and spriters but no one seems to want to do it, so I'm only limited to so much that's available.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
Years
I like this game

This game looks really good, i mean really good because of the story line and the pics look real good, ill be routing you on this game.

Idea:
In the Game, You could add contest hall's to the regions which will make it look good, Also it will give more trainers things to do after completing the game by completing the Contests and Entering the Grand Festivals of all the regions, and super Grand Festival after you have Won all the Grand festivals

Question:
Is the Battle Frontier going to be in it?

phoenixprime88b5

Years
Well due to what I'm limited to in what's Poccil's SK, there is no contest feature in the current SK, The battle tower and palace ARE in the SK, so I'll see how much modifiying i can do with the Battle Frontier (I do what to put that in the game). If the contest feature is put into any new versions of the SK, then I will immediately add it to the game. The SK has have the National Park Bug Catching Contest and Safari Zone working, so they will be in the game.

Thanks for your support!!!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Glad to hear it from you. Well, any new screen to surprise us?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow! 280? Will it a little bit long? But nevermind, we'll keep support the game^^

phoenixprime88b5

Years
Well 280, yes, as I explained a few posts above that with the 150 screenshots on the first thred, that should leave enough people to look at them all and have discussions or even ask me questions based off what they've seen from the screenshots. Believe me, if people did that, then 280 would come very quickly.

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
do you think youll release a demo or anything?

i'm really impressedwith the game, and the story looks really awsum

phoenixprime88b5

Years
cool, thats awsum .. and the next one will be johto and another region .. or is it in ones? ..

Once completing one volume, the game will allow you to save. You'll start in the new region in the new volume with the same save, but cannot go back. The complete Full Version of the game will allow you to travel between the regions you came from anytime. In the seperate volumes, NO. I hope this answered your question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back