• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

brokencandle

Expert Hacker
Years
FireRed and LeafGreen have a couple unused ones, and Emerald has all the FireRed ones as unused, plus a couple other unused ones.

If you want to make a new one you're going to have to do a lot of repointing.
Thanks for the response.

I tried to use the unused FireRed ones on Emerald, but each time I try and create a map and then insert it, it always puts it under the littleroot town category. I tried creating a new bank and everything.

What does repointing involve?

Years
are you able to take a map from one game and put it in another, i want to modify Pokemon Gary Edition and make the maps the same as in Ash Gray so it's actually Gary instead of Blue. I've even recoloured Blue to look like Gary from Ash Gray, even though you just change the palette number and fix some colours.

droomph

weeb
Years
are you able to take a map from one game and put it in another, i want to modify Pokemon Gary Edition and make the maps the same as in Ash Gray so it's actually Gary instead of Blue. I've even recoloured Blue to look like Gary from Ash Gray, even though you just change the palette number and fix some colours.
Yes, you can, but it's all manual work. You have to insert the tileset, fix the pallet, and then finally port in the actual map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
to do that, select the header tab, it should say the name of the maps 2 times, click on the arrow on the 1st one, and select the new name for that map (note: if you change the name of the second one, ALL maps with the same name change) save, then either x out of a-map, or change another map's name, change maps through the map name header and when it asks you if you want to save click no, and the map should have the name you want

Hey man this doesn't seem to work for me... When yoiu say "Select the new name" isn't it by clicking on the "blank" name and type the new one you desire? Because, when I do that it is actually saved as a " " map without name... :/
A little help? :)

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2012
Hey, I have a question. I've been trying to mod emerald and every time I do, no matter whether I edit or delete the script and person event, whenever I start my game, my mother still talks like I didn't change anything. If I delete the person event, there is just no visible person talking. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
I have a few noob questions. If I will use advance map and start to create my own map what will I gonna do? (Ex. Fire Red, the cities) Will I create new maps for cities then delete existing original cities of fire red or will I just have to edit existing cities? Or there is other way? I'm really confused.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Having an issue with bridges in Fire Red. I did exactly what you said with the behavior bytes and everything is fine except the character walks on top of the bridge when it is supposed to go under it. Is there a way to fix this or are bridges just impossible in FR?

EDIT: NEVER MIND I FIGURED OUT THE THING I WAS DOING WRONG WAS NOT BUILDING THE BLOCK WITH A BACKGROUND.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2020
How to I actually use all the palletes?
It seems really annoying having to change the number over and over,just to change some tiles.

Is their any way to show all(or bigger)the tile-sets on one screen.since it shows only a small amount.

I can never find the ones I want,any advice?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I i create a new map. The name is allways Little Root town or Pallet Town. And when i create a other new map. It has the same name. When i change the name of one of them. The other map also get that name. :\

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
But at the bridge, shouldn't you put movement permission (0 Blue) before the movement permission 10. (Where you gonna walk in on the bridge?) I tried without the blue movement permission and it didn't work then i put Blue movement permission and i could now walk over and under. (Pokemon Emerald)

xXDisturbed

Medicham :3
Years
But at the bridge, shouldn't you put movement permission (0 Blue) before the movement permission 10. (Where you gonna walk in on the bridge?) I tried without the blue movement permission and it didn't work then i put Blue movement permission and i could now walk over and under. (Pokemon Emerald)

This is exactly what i thought too but then i realised what i was doing wrong for so long. You put 0 on the stairs that go up to the mounain area, and put 10 on the ground part of the are (everywhere else thats walk able on the mountain) then just 3c the part where the bridge is

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I need help with something on my Ruby hack. I changed one of the buildings in Oldale town, (Map 2.0) into a one-room cave, and everything was fine. However, when I went into a house in Petalburg (8.2), the inside of the house was the same as that cave, but with the people inside. I changed 8.2 back into a house myself by re-mapping it, and afterwards, it made 2.0 inaccessible. When I try walking into the cave that is 2.0, my screen goes black and I can't move/leave/etc. What do I do?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Can someone explain to me how to make a new town that's acessable from the world map editor? I'm a 95% pure noob as far as hacking right now, so id appreciate any help!

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
Hey, I just mapped a different version of route 1, I intend for it to be in the same place and everything, but when I move from pallet town to route 1, the tiles in pallet town get all messed up, any way to fix this?

Back