• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hilbert/Hilda's Father

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Continuing on the trend of the main series games, but R/S/E, Pokémon Black and White featured a character with a mother, and no apparent father. So who just is the hero's father? Is it a major character in the story? Why is he not at home? What do you think happened to him?

Discuss!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Like every other protagonists except Brendan/May the father is most likely on his own journey.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
It would be great if the father of Hilbert/Hilda were the champion. I think...he...lives on another region or he set off a journey on another region.

Years
Convoluted Theory:
Spoiler:

In all actuality, I think the father is probably on a journey of his own, as that seems to be the popular thing.

Either that or he's a traveling door-to-door salesman.

Years
Maybe in each sequel you're father is, in fact, you from the previous game. And nobody say "What if I'm a girl?" because gay couples can adopt too. Which then begs the question, who are your real parents?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe he's... not on a journey and rather died or left your mother? Morbid but idk why we should asse he's on a journey if he's not even referred to meaning he might not really matter at all :x

Plus Golurk is crazy. :) black magic pfft totally possible.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Well I think that the fathers weren't placed in the games (besides R/S/E because of storyline) on PURPOSE. Because the father isn't needed within the game. If there were a father in the game it would make the game seem more family-oreinted instead of you, the PLAYER, setting off on your own journey to become best trainer, champion, contest master, Pokeatholon, breeder, evil organization-killer, whatever you happen to be in the game, ect. You really only need the Mom in the game to watch over the house, save money (if in HG/SS). It would also get kind-of competative to see if you were a better battler than your father. GameFreak and Pokemon probably didn't add the father in becuase it would switch the style of the game and make it less adventerous.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well I think that the fathers weren't placed in the games (besides R/S/E because of storyline) on PURPOSE. Because the father isn't needed within the game. If there were a father in the game it would make the game seem more family-oreinted instead of you, the PLAYER, setting off on your own journey to become best trainer, champion, contest master, Pokeatholon, breeder, evil organization-killer, whatever you happen to be in the game, ect. You really only need the Mom in the game to watch over the house, save money (if in HG/SS). It would also get kind-of competative to see if you were a better battler than your father. GameFreak and Pokemon probably didn't add the father in becuase it would switch the style of the game and make it less adventerous.
That's what I liked about RSE, that one could fight the father, making him feel as if he were one of your rivals. It'll be nice if for once the mom left and we had a stay at home father...

Back