• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜ CHECKMATE : redux (OOC)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I have a question, actually.

are we going to have to stick to one type of weapon like last time? Or can different kinds be equipped/de-equipped?

EDIT: D'oh. Just finished reading the IC post. Nevermind! I have a new question, however.

If I equip a chakram, would my specibus be THROWKIND or CHAKRAMKIND? I'd assume chakram kind, but if i could get away with throwkind thatd be sweet so I had to ask :P

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
How long this takes me to do is gonna depend on whether I decide to include pictures or not. At the very least I'm gonna draw Reggiesprite, but I might just make it afterwards and post it in the OOC.

Anyways, I'm excited to write this! I want to start on this post now, but I have to do school related writing... Not nearly as fun. (I'll probably work on it anyway.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have a question, actually.

are we going to have to stick to one type of weapon like last time? Or can different kinds be equipped/de-equipped?

EDIT: D'oh. Just finished reading the IC post. Nevermind! I have a new question, however.

If I equip a chakram, would my specibus be THROWKIND or CHAKRAMKIND? I'd assume chakram kind, but if i could get away with throwkind thatd be sweet so I had to ask :P
You'll stick to one TYPE of weapon, for the first act at least. But you'll be able to customize it a lot by alchemizing ^^ Soon enough.

That would be CHAKRAMKIND, then. Otherwise it would be like Karkat and Nepeta both had SCRATCHKIND or something :p Chakrams seem cool!

How long this takes me to do is gonna depend on whether I decide to include pictures or not. At the very least I'm gonna draw Reggiesprite, but I might just make it afterwards and post it in the OOC.

Anyways, I'm excited to write this! I want to start on this post now, but I have to do school related writing... Not nearly as fun. (I'll probably work on it anyway.)
I'm glad you are excited! Looking forward to reggiesprite ^^ School is an evil bad (hopefully not that bad/evil!) but I hope you'll post soon!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's completely fine. I made the black boxes because I just like to pimp up my text a bit xD You can type the commands from the game in regular text, or quote my post and use the same css. With your own color, of course ;)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
After the cold, showery feeling irl, will the person prototyped be frozen like Adrian's bunny was, or will they recover after that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have no clue what I'm doing yet and I'm busy with University, but I'll be posting as soon as I figure it out and clear up my homework stress! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm itching to post again but I can't until some of you have entered the game because I don't want to spoil stuff 8D

On weapons, btw. Pick something silly or crazy :D it'll be very customizeable pretty soon! Within your chosen "kind" of weapon, that is.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I'm itching to post again but I can't until some of you have entered the game because I don't want to spoil stuff 8D

On weapons, btw. Pick something silly or crazy :D it'll be very customizeable pretty soon! Within your chosen "kind" of weapon, that is.

I'll try to post today. And no, I am not going to pick something silly or crazy. Because I can't think of anything that crazy off the top of my head.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'll try to post today. And no, I am not going to pick something silly or crazy. Because I can't think of anything that crazy off the top of my head.

Haha that's ok ;D I picked a hammer, after all. That's not really silly. Yet.

Tonight I'mma be drunk and happy in cold swedish spring and perhaps some rain. I hope there's a lot of posts when I wake up tomorrow! ;D

Nice smiley, this one. ;D

;D;D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok! Looking forward to it. I realize it's a large post to write, but I did say that you could split it up if you didn't have time to post it all at once ^^

Poor Vinnie. BUTLERSPRITE, huh? ;)

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Haha, I was going to split it into two post but I was almost done with the wholething so I went ahead and finished it.

Yeah, I guess it could be butlersprite, but its supposed to be Reginald...so maybe Reginaldsprite? Because Jaspersprite isnt Catsprite, so I think Reginald sprite would probably be more accurate. Unless Reginald is both Vinnie's sprite in the medium and my butler in his house at the same time. I'm planing on having Rocco go in later on too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, I was going to split it into two post but I was almost done with the wholething so I went ahead and finished it.

Yeah, I guess it could be butlersprite, but its supposed to be Reginald...so maybe Reginaldsprite? Because Jaspersprite isnt Catsprite, so I think Reginald sprite would probably be more accurate. Unless Reginald is both Vinnie's sprite in the medium and my butler in his house at the same time. I'm planing on having Rocco go in later on too.

Yeah, if you only prototype it once now, I guess you can prototype it for the second time later on.

Since Vinnie prototyped a human, I'd prefer if the rest of you came up with other things to prototype. I promise checkmate will me much more enjoyable if you all prototype different things. However, I think I talked to Raikiri and Retro about prototyping family before? So if one of you really want to do that still, I guess you can ^^

Meanwhile, I'll slowly type up my first post for Act 1 ^^

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I was honestly debating bringing back Kefkasprite. God, that guy was a piece of work ;D

I chose Reginaldsprite (and chakramkind) because this is new checkmate and it is more fun with new stuff. While kefkasprite was fun and all, I didn't want to have the same guy twice

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Kefkasprite was epic though. Plus, it allowed me to use the canon underling images ;p with the harlequin clothes. I'll have to do that differently now.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
haha sorry :)

i would have reginald+kefka sprite but the calm, calculating, grandfatherly butler wouldnt mix with a spontaneous, insane, and nihilistic evil overlord.

on second thought....that certainly would make for an interesting sprite...

Back