• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Updating game although the game window is not selected

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
I saw in the Essentials suggestions post that someone asked for creating a new game.exe that doesn't stop updating the game while the window is minimized. Luckily, I remember that I saw that in a brazilian forum. By the way, this script also works with normal rpg maker xp projects.

Here's a video demonstration (tested with my current project).
Spoiler:

Anyways, here's the modified game.exe and the set-up tutorial. It has compatibility with Win32API based systems, so it will work with Pokemon Essentials. Read carefully all the steps:

-First of all create a security copy of your project! This should be done everytime you add something new to your project. You never know if you're downloading something that can corrupt your game!
-Download the new game.exe and replace it with your actuall game.exe. Link:
Code:
[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56100890/RPGMakerRandom/Game.exe[/url]
Note that some antiviruses and even your explorer can say that this file contain virus etc... You decide what to do but I can say I'm 100% it won't damage your computer.
-Then create a new script ABOVE ALL YOUR SCRIPTS! It's just one line but you'll need to put it:
Code:
cidi_dk_set_window_proc
-There's a problem: if you don't select the game window, it will be still updating but the input will be still working. To fix this just put this script above main:
Code:
module Input
  class << self
    alias cidi_dk_alias_update update
    def update(*args)
      return unless $WindowRunning
      cidi_dk_alias_update(*args)
    end
  end
end
-Finished! Test it and it should work without any problem!

Note: I wouldn't implement this "system" in my project until i haven't it finished for a release. I'm not sure if it may cause problems with the compiling system(maybe it works fine, but just in case...).

CREDITS TO:
Cidiomar (a brazilian scripter)
I don't know if the scripter gives the permission of posting that in other forums. I asked him about doing it but it seems that he is no longuer active.
I don't want to be disrespectful to him, so here's a link to the original brazilian forum post:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
hey man, thanks for the virus -_-
This doesn't contain any virus man... I'm sure you haven't at least tried it.
PD: Guys, this post has had 300 views and just 1 noob comment... Please comment if you liked it!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I tested this out a while ago. The only problem there is with this method, is that the viewports get cut off at 640x480 if they are larger than 640x480. Meaning that you can't change your screensize to anything bigger than that. But since Essentials works at 512x384, that's not a problem - only becomes one to those who customize their stuff. I haven't looked into why that happens yet. If I find something, I'll post it here.

Back