• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty~

Pancakes are a girl's BFF
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
I don't know if someone has already said something about this, but when I try to go down the ladder in the Gold Plains cave (the one right after the Pokemaniac I think) I get stuck like the warps are messed up or something. Here's a picture.

Years
The thing I really find standing out to me is the Virtopia thing. Can you tell me how you did that?

It's basically just scripts, a new eyecatch and new tiles. Then I just edited the strings for the Fame Checker and got some help from Darthatron in order to change the overworlds that the Fame Checker accessed. It's really kind of cheating -- hacking, if you will.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm in love with that multiple region map. Nice to see Hoenn accessible from another region! It adds regional integration in the Pokemon games. Sadly, something that Game Freak stopped doing after 2nd generation. Sigh.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Woow. the screens look awesome. And really really great tiles. Good hack. And the story goes great. Best of luck I am waiting for the upcoming verson.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
1PCrZLO.png

Nice hoenn houses, I love it than before! Waiting for moreee~

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
From the very little I've played of the game, it's really good. It has a classic pokemon feel with a bit of a twist. The text colors, which normally I consider sort of jarring, are used very well. However, the Fakemon Remover wouldn't work for me, for some reason, which is the only reason I'm not going much further, as I really can't stand too many Fakemon. Otherwise, its great.

Years
I'm in love with that multiple region map. Nice to see Hoenn accessible from another region! It adds regional integration in the Pokemon games. Sadly, something that Game Freak stopped doing after 2nd generation. Sigh.
Thanks!

Woow. the screens look awesome. And really really great tiles. Good hack. And the story goes great. Best of luck I am waiting for the upcoming verson.
Thanks!

1PCrZLO.png

Nice hoenn houses, I love it than before! Waiting for moreee~
Thanks! Those tiles were mostly made by Mateo.

From the very little I've played of the game, it's really good. It has a classic pokemon feel with a bit of a twist. The text colors, which normally I consider sort of jarring, are used very well. However, the Fakemon Remover wouldn't work for me, for some reason, which is the only reason I'm not going much further, as I really can't stand too many Fakemon. Otherwise, its great.
Thanks! I'll look into updating the Fakemon Remover for the next patch I release.

Anyway, I added Fairy-type last night.

d8jFbR8.png
ZDKj5OZ.png
qcsp7nj.png

Jziy3u1.png

I haven't added new Fairy Pokémon or moves yet, though, I've only updated the likes of Sweet Kiss and Marill and got the actual type working in-game.

Oh and I updated the type chart so that Steel-types no long resist Dark- and Ghost-type moves.

Last edited:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Looks great, I'll give it a try when I get home from work later.
Oh god those tiles are eyegasmic.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Would you like any help with the Hoenn Music? If you haven't already got a music guy/gal
I'm putting hoenn songs in my game anyway, so, if you need help, it's no trouble at all :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
Oh my God! Virtual world!!!!
I remember when I first saw an image of virtual world (2nd gen graphics in 3rd gen) in Pokemon RijonAdventures but I wasn't implemented back then (somewhere May'13)..
& now I'm so excited to go to Virtopia now!!!! :D :)
Keep up the good work buddy!!!!!

Ps: In the post from where we get d/l link I think the rom base version should be "1636" instead of "1635"
(coz 1635 - Crushed Baseball (U) & 1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red GBA ROM (U)(Squirrels))
I may be wrong so please do check that!!!! :)

edit2 - I'm unable to save using the menu save (it says "save error please exchange backup memory" I'm using "automatic 128kflash option for saving in VBA")..any solutions??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back