• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trickroom-ish something. Fix please.

Darkplant

Die.
Years
I'm not making this "RATE MY TEAM" because I know I suck and this team sucks just as well. I'm quite new to the competitive side of this game, and I wanna improve.

So, want advice. Thanks.

On EVs, I'll write HP as HP, Attack as ATK, Defense as DEF, Special Attack as S-ATK, Special Defense as S-DEF, and Speed as SPD.

Now, I was once using a Trickroom Team on Pokemon Online, but it sucked because most of my Pokemon were slow. I decided to stop that and make a team that has just some elements of it so that it can win without Trickroom. Problem is, it still sucks.

Sure, I win about half or more on the time on there, but I know from experience with Yugioh's Dueling Network that winning on the internet doesn't necesarrily make you good. I want to get better.

1. Bronzong
Nature: Brave (+ATK, -SPD)
Ability: Heatproof
Item: Lum Berry
EVS: HP 252, ATK 252, DEF 6
Moves: TrickRoom, StealthRock, GyroBall, Explosion

2. Machamp
Nature: Adamant (+ATK, -S-ATK)
Ability: No Guard
Item: Iron Ball
Moves: StoneEdge, IcePunch, Fling, DynamicPunch

3. Volcarona
Nature: Timid (+SPD, -ATK)
Ability: FlameBody
Item: Fire Gem
EVS: HP 6, S-ATK 252, SPD 252
Moves: QuiverDance, BugBuzz, FieryDance, HiddenPower(Electric)

4. Salamence
Nature: Rash (+S-ATK,-S-DEF)
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Draco Plate
EVS: HP 6, ATK 252, S-ATK 252
Moves: DragonRush, DracoMeteor, Earthquake, FireBlast

5. Jirachi
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
EVS: HP 252, ATK252, SPD 6
Moves: ZenHeadbutt, U-Turn, Trickroom, IcePunch

6. Dragonite
Ability: Multiscale
Item: ChoiceBand
Moves: Outrage, FirePunch, ExtremeSpeed, Earthquake

Weaknesses of theteam:
Flying – Machamp, Volcarona
Ground – Bronzong, Jirachi
Rock – Volcarona, Salamence, Dragonite
Fire – Jirachi
Psychic – Machamp
Ice – Salamence, Dragonite
Dragon – Salamence, Dragonite

As you can see,this team is majorly weak against Flying, Ground, Rock, Ice, and Dragon Type moves. Of them, the Ground problem can be solved by changing to Salamence or Dragonite, but Rock remains difficult to overcome. Especially given the popularity of first-turn StealthRock, having too many Pokemon weak to the type could be quite risky.

I've already made my decision on taking out either Salamence or Dragonite. They do basically the same thing, except that Salamence has a larger arsenal of moves, and Dragonite is harder to kill.

I'm thinking of Espeon to solve the Stealth Rock problem. Forretress is weak against Fire, just like Jirachi, so I'm not sure on it. Also, this team lacks an out against Water Pokemon, except Volcarona's Electric Hidden Power. Given the popularity of Politoad and the Rain Team as a whole, this is a problem too. I want something for this as well.

I understand the problems, but don't know the outs. Help me please.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since you have a pretty big problem with Water Pokemon, you can try out Ferrothorn over Bronzong, since Bronzong and Machamp will be the only Pokemon who will benefit from Trick Room; the rest of your team is a bit too fast for it:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

On Machamp, change it to the Substitute set to help against status, or make it an attacking lead:
-Substitute
-DynamicPunch
-Stone Edge
-Payback/Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe

or
-DynamicPunch
-Bullet Punch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Payback
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/16 SDef/4 Spe
Item: Lum Berry

Since you're relatively weak to Stealth Rock, I suggest you make Starmie your Rapid Spinner for the team to go over either Salamence or Dragonite; it's up to you which one you want to take out. It also has decent synergy with Ferrothorn:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

If you do decide to keep Salamence, change its set to this. Even though Dragon Rush doesn't induce confusion like Outrage does, it's rather inaccurate:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break/Earthquake
-Roost
Nature: Rash/Naive
EVs: 100 Atk/176 SAtk/232 Spe
Ability: Intimidate

or
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake/Brick Break
Nature: Rash/Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/192 SAtk/252 Spe

Jirachi is a bit too fast for Trick Room as well. It's well-known as one of the most annoying Pokemon to face off against, courtesy of Serene Grace, and you should take advantage of that:
-Thunder Wave/Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Protect/Stealth Rock/Fire Punch
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/224 SDef/32 Spe

Sorry if I took apart Trick Room on the team, but most of your Pokemon are just too fast for it.

Back