• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Wheres your text data? Like this:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= This is some text for\nyour script to show.
i wrote it in script but i forgot to write it here.ups anyways the script was like this

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= Hi.

Years
When you compile the script to your ROM, pikachu, the offset that appears next to @start in the popup box is what you need to assign to a person event in Advance Map. So just press the "copy" button and paste it in the offset box for the person you want to assign it to.

Also, as a side note, if you type "msgbox @talk 0x2", you don't need to include "Lock" and "faceplayer". This saves, while very little, space in your ROM. It also saves time ;3

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
i wrote it in script but i forgot to write it here.ups anyways the script was like this

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x6
release
end

#org @talk
= Hi.

Another problem would be if you have the rom opened with other tools a sharing violation could occur and it wont save any changes(even compiling)
Almost all hex editors are known to lock the file from being used by other running processes and so does unlz.gba i believe.

So always make sure that the only tools opened with your rom at the same time are advance map & your script editor of choice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2012
I've heard that the gibberish method is a way to fix the wild Pokemon encounters in HGSS, so as not to corrupt the script. Is this true?
If so, how do I do it? Do I have to apply this in every script in each map so that I can safely edit them wild Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
ummm i 4got who helped me last time but thanks alot i figured out a trainer and was able to fix my mistake. :)

so now i changed the weather in advance map 1.95 for viridian forest and everything looks fine except the middle two "squares" of all my trees, they are all bright green while the rest of the tree is darker. I used heavy mist fog etc.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
When you compile the script to your ROM, pikachu, the offset that appears next to @start in the popup box is what you need to assign to a person event in Advance Map. So just press the "copy" button and paste it in the offset box for the person you want to assign it to.

Also, as a side note, if you type "msgbox @talk 0x2", you don't need to include "Lock" and "faceplayer". This saves, while very little, space in your ROM. It also saves time ;3
i did everything you said but it still doesnt work.mybe its the ROM i have?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
ummm i 4got who helped me last time but thanks alot i figured out a trainer and was able to fix my mistake. :)

so now i changed the weather in advance map 1.95 for viridian forest and everything looks fine except the middle two "squares" of all my trees, they are all bright green while the rest of the tree is darker. I used heavy mist fog etc.

Some of the weather in FR/LG is 'broken'; Fog and Sun with Clouds are good examples. I think there might be a tutorial to fix it around here, but I don't know of one offhand. I don't know what determines what works and what doesn't, but a solution might be to avoid fog.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I have modyfied trainers classes in Emerald and find four classes called PKMN TRAINER. Why there are so much and what the difference between them?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
Hey hackers! I'm trying to hack firered and insert a sprite using the following programs; Paint, Irfanview, unLZ, FSF and APE! Is it still possible? I follow older guides and the pallete returns to normal, the file hasn't shrunk and it's unindexed. How can I index a sprite?!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
Has anyone seen a fix to firered fog weather problem? i looked in the tutorials and nothing. Im doing a forest thats more maze like with creepy music so thats why the fog is awesome. Also is there a way to adjust how hard it is to catch certain pokemon? like lv 5 murkcrow broke out of 5 pokeballs and he was on red and par.

redriders180

Years
I have modyfied trainers classes in Emerald and find four classes called PKMN TRAINER. Why there are so much and what the difference between them?

I can't say for sure, but it might have something to do with various Battle Frontier and Rival battles. Firered does something similar, with certain trainer classes buffering a rivals name or whatnot. I'd check around, and see if you can find pre-done battles that use it.

Hey hackers! I'm trying to hack firered and insert a sprite using the following programs; Paint, Irfanview, unLZ, FSF and APE! Is it still possible? I follow older guides and the pallete returns to normal, the file hasn't shrunk and it's unindexed. How can I index a sprite?!

The newest version of Paint doesn't support indexed images. To counter this, I use Gimp, which is a free version of Photoshop, so either of those should help you. Same process as before, just open up in Gimp or Photoshop instead of Paint

Has anyone seen a fix to firered fog weather problem? i looked in the tutorials and nothing. Im doing a forest thats more maze like with creepy music so thats why the fog is awesome. Also is there a way to adjust how hard it is to catch certain pokemon? like lv 5 murkcrow broke out of 5 pokeballs and he was on red and par.

Yet Another Pokemon Editor (YAPE) has the ability to change catch rates. Download it from the Tools section. As for the fog, maybe try comparing the non-foggy tree tiles to tiles that become foggy, and see if there's something different that can be changed, either behavior bytes or layer-wise.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

The fog doesn't cover all of the tiles since it lies in between the player and the tiles the fog covers. Think of it like this: The are some tiles that cover the player as they walk underneath (e.g treetops), any tiles which carry this characteristic will not be covered by the fog as they lie above the fog's priority. This thread gives some more information should you want it.

anyone know how to solve my problem

Are you sure you're using XSE version 1.1.1?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
I'm very sorry that I can not tell whether or not somebody has already posted the question i wish to impose but can somebody please explain to me how to properly change the sprites (in battle) for certain characters? (like Brock for example) I have gotten it to work partially but whenever I import a character to take Brock's place there transparent background color gets swapped with there outline, I am indexing it right and all but I don't seem to be able to fix this one problem...

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
I wanted to replace Doduo with Rufflet, and I did it, but when I wanted to change backsprite, UNLZ.Gba didn't show the backsprite, but the front sprite again.
After that, I tried to set Backsprite with Advanced Sprite Editor, but it said that LZ77(or something) data is not compressed, and sprite turned into blank box.
It happens when I set sprite with bigger palette than replaced one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
The fog doesn't cover all of the tiles since it lies in between the player and the tiles the fog covers. Think of it like this: The are some tiles that cover the player as they walk underneath (e.g treetops), any tiles which carry this characteristic will not be covered by the fog as they lie above the fog's priority. This thread gives some more information should you want it.

Are you sure you're using XSE version 1.1.1?
wow now it works seems i had an older ver of xse.thx a bunch

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
I'm very sorry that I can not tell whether or not somebody has already posted the question i wish to impose but can somebody please explain to me how to properly change the sprites (in battle) for certain characters? (like Brock for example) I have gotten it to work partially but whenever I import a character to take Brock's place there transparent background color gets swapped with there outline, I am indexing it right and all but I don't seem to be able to fix this one problem...
The first color shown on the index is the transparent color. I'd check that to make sure the first color is the background, and not the outline. If it's still happening after that, then I have no idea what the problem would be.

I wanted to replace Doduo with Rufflet, and I did it, but when I wanted to change backsprite, UNLZ.Gba didn't show the backsprite, but the front sprite again.
After that, I tried to set Backsprite with Advanced Sprite Editor, but it said that LZ77(or something) data is not compressed, and sprite turned into blank box.
It happens when I set sprite with bigger palette than replaced one.

Even though you never technically asked a question, I'll try to help anyway. I've found that, when using unlz.GBA to insert Pokemon sprites, it sometimes messes up the sprites around it. You can still use Wichu's sprite inserter to put sprites in, though.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
I'm really having some problems...
When I insert a script into Advance Map (for example, a simple talking script), it doesn't actually work when I test the game. I'll go and talk to the person, but no chatbox comes up or anything. Sometimes, the game will just freeze and nothing will happen.
Is there any way to fix this?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm really having some problems...
When I insert a script into Advance Map (for example, a simple talking script), it doesn't actually work when I test the game. I'll go and talk to the person, but no chatbox comes up or anything. Sometimes, the game will just freeze and nothing will happen.
Is there any way to fix this?

Which script editor are you using? If it is XSE make sure you're using version 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back