• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
i've never had a shiny from a normal encounter before... the first time i got a shiny is the first time i RNG'ed... sucks but that is the truth for me T_T

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2022
My first (and only) shiny Pokemon was a Sandshew back in SoulSilver. Sadly, I lost the cartridge. It haunts me.

Years
After years of trading and obtaining over 400+ shinies, I finally caught my first shiny in y. Shiny nuzleaf with 31 iv in atk and something else.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
My first was a Rattata in Crystal. I couldn't have been much older than seven at the time, but I was an avid reader of fansites and knew all about shinies. I flipped out and literally ran around screaming for about five minutes.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
At the risk of sounding naive, what's RNG?

it's manipulating the game's random number generator

anywho my first one was a chained shiny ralts... at a chain of ONE. I began to EV train it, but got bored because it was taking FOREVER. plus I lost track of my speed evs

my brother also caught a shiny geodude at a chain of about 10 I think.

those are all I've caught.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Gen II
In Crystal, I was using Headbutt on a tree near the exit in Ilex Forest when a shiny Weedle appeared! I was so excited to capture it and raise it into a shiny Beedrill. I recently powered on Crystal again to see if it's still working. It was, so I nicknamed my Beedrill and entered him into the Bug Catching Contest here and won. :)

Gen III
In Emerald, I was darting through the route left of Lilycove when a shiny Poochyena appeared. I didn't want it to use Roar and flee, so I threw a Master Ball. A little less than a week later, I was darting through Pallet Town's route after beating the Elite Four and ran into a shiny Pidgey. I carried nothing weak enough for combat, so I again used a Master Ball.

Gen IV
In Pearl, I learned the chaining method, my first being a shiny Corsola. She has some of the most terrible IVs ever, but I love her color! I went on to capturing some 30+ shinies through the chaining method and then later RNG abusing more shiny Pokemon.

Gen V
In Black, which I had purchased at midnight launch, four hours later I reached Pinwheel Forest for the first time. I was very eager to capture a Cottonee. My very first encounter was a shiny female Cottonee. I was shaking so so so so so badly. It's one of my greatest Pokemon memories.

Gen VI
In Y, I finally learned the new rules in the chaining method. I was so nervous about breaking my chain in the 20s and 30s that I put the chaining on hold for hours. I finally captured my first Y shiny, a male Skiddo.

Years
FR - Found a shiny Tentacool on an android emulator and I thought that the game's colours were going crazy.

HG - Found a shiny Rattata and shiny Hoothoot a few months apart. The Red Gyarados doesn't count.

Gen V - I don't think I have any shinies

Y - Heh heh heh, this is where a lot of them showed up. Shiny Floatzel in a Horde, Shiny Gyarados, Basculin (who barely looks any different) and Relicanth while chain fishing.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Nothing even after a year of playing. I was hoping to get a shiny Dratini in White 2, but I got bored of the White Treehollow so easily.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Ive been playing since Pokemon Yellow and i only recently caught my first shiny in Pokemon X, thanks to consecutive fishing: A Baldorfish. Up until then i only met a shiny Tyranitar while doing a randomized Nuzlocke, but i couldnt capture it.

Honest

Hi!
Years
A shiny Solrock in my old Emerald cartridge. Never did use it. I also ran into a shiny Pelipper in my Emerald ROM years ago, but I can't recall if I caught it or not. ;c

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
My first shiny was in Gold Version. It was on the route south of Blackthorn City(can't recall the Route number), and it was a shiny Gligar! I remember flipping out because I knew it was a shiny Pokemon and had never seen one, other than the Red Gyarados, at that point in playing Pokemon. I caught it, but never really used it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Since I wouldn't count the red gyarados, my first shiny was a houndoor which I named Blue Dog. I have actually only had one, except when using cheats.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
My first shiny. T_T

It was a shiny tentacool in Silver. Found Tentacool. Box was full. =.=

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
my first shiny was in x :/ a remoraid but i was chaining for it. my first wild shiny was a pancham

Back