• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
Then maybe try finding it. I dont know abou it bro.

Nvrm, I hacked it in. Also, Meta, did you tweak the exp gain? I'm testing the pokemon in Victory road with the flat Gen III equation, and it's not quite matching up. I'm getting shorted about 10% exp (ex: losing 100 points every 1,000 i earn via the equation). Don't know if you know about this yet. Also, an over all thanks for creating this amazing hack. I hope you continue to impress the pokemon world.
EDIT: I forgot to point out that the restrictions for the Indigo League doesn't prohibit berries. I was able to use a leppa berry in the battle with Mandi.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
But what do I do next?? I walked everywhere and oak told me to go to a island?

Have you been to the seafoam islands yet? have you done pokemon the first movie? If not then go and do those events. is yes to both than you have a weird glitch and you should prob check out my Ash gray LP.

But Kingler doesn't learn hyper Beam naturally, according to bulbapedia.
there is a plausibility that kingler could learn hyperbeam (I'm not sure) as Pikachu at 70 something can learn Volt tackle, Snorlax can learn Ice punch in the 40's, so its likely that Metapod had redone the movelists of the main Pokémon that Ash had to better fit with what they had movewise, up to the finish of the Orange Islands

Ash Ketchum 11

Have you been to the seafoam islands yet? have you done pokemon the first movie? If not then go and do those events. is yes to both than you have a weird glitch and you should prob check out my Ash gray LP.

How do I get to seafoam islands?? He said something about route 1?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
How do I get to seafoam islands?? He said something about route 1?
Ok your confusing me, originally you ask what to do after the marrowak event, and you said oak told you to go to the islands, to seafoam you need to surf south and follow that route, now if you done the Pokemon league than yes you need to go to route one and make your way east as the professor has informed you of. you also need beta 4.0 or later to go the orange island

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
I love pokemon Ash Gray, however I have a problem, I lost to Blaine on Cinnabar island the first time and now it won't let me back into the cave where he is, any help?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
How do you know if I got v4.0? I don't have surf.

You know if you have 4.0 or not by going by the small waterfall on route 1 and you can swim east and come across a bush you can hack down and come across a blimp than you have 4.0 and later.

I love pokemon Ash Gray, however I have a problem, I lost to Blaine on Cinnabar island the first time and now it won't let me back into the cave where he is, any help?

you should eventually get an event were you have to stop team rocket from blowing up the volcano then you can face blaine again

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How do you know if I got v4.0? I don't have surf.
There's no Surf in any AshGray version.

His second battle is on volcano, you will see Magmar OW sprite there.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
This has probably been asked before, but i looked through 50 pages and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to patch my ash gray to the newest beta without losing my save states? If so, how? Thanks!
EDIT: Nevermind,i just did it after watching some videos on patching. The Orange Island Saga looks great! Keep it up Metapod!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
This has probably been asked before, but i looked through 50 pages and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to patch my ash gray to the newest beta without losing my save states? If so, how? Thanks!
EDIT: Nevermind,i just did it after watching some videos on patching. The Orange Island Saga looks great! Keep it up Metapod!

if you are using vba click open gameboy and use your old saves, after patching of course

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
1) in togepi event, i caught aerodactyl, but after, My charizard still standed near me, when i touched My charizard, screen freezed... İ think it s bug...
2) i couldnt pass here: i couldnt do bulbasaur event because My bulba was evolved into venusaur, after i couldnt do pikachu picture event,because My pikachu was evolved into raichu. So i did mistys poke doll event, after pre School (meowth) event, after polices growlithes event,after league admission Center event and after berry event (but it didnt give me any berry, The chef gave me only "????????"). But when i wanted to go to cinnabar, captain Said please wait... How can i catch another pikachu and bulbasaur? I did all events but not pikachus Photo and bulbasaurs evolve event... Please Help me!... My Team is: dratini(48) charizard (48) raichu(45) blastoise(45) venusaur(45) gyarados(45)... Ah i forgot: i did pikachus leave event because i had a pikachu n i didnt evolve when i did this event...

thanks

Years
Hello,
First of all this hack is very well made to the point of extreme addiction.
Moving o to my problem, i am stuck at fuschia unable to get a bike. Everyone on he internet says that joy should give one to deliver a medicine but all she does is heal my pokemon. Not any event triggered. I have saved dratini and helped tomo find his parents. Have i missed something hst would trigger this event?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Metapod announced on his youtube channel that beta 5.0 will come next month and will contain 12 more episodes, physical and special split and a graphical tweak thats why the update took so long

Check his channel for beta 5's trailer the game looks so sweet

I'm looking at metapod's youtube channel but I can't seem to find this trailer you're talking about.. ?

sadatgym

Sad people at gym
Years
Plz some1 help me! Ash gray Android phone Myboy free emulator Stuck in old shore Warp pc isn´t working I wasn´t invited to the mew2 event Idk what to do

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
1) in togepi event, i caught aerodactyl, but after, My charizard still standed near me, when i touched My charizard, screen freezed... İ think it s bug...
2) i couldnt pass here: i couldnt do bulbasaur event because My bulba was evolved into venusaur, after i couldnt do pikachu picture event,because My pikachu was evolved into raichu. So i did mistys poke doll event, after pre School (meowth) event, after polices growlithes event,after league admission Center event and after berry event (but it didnt give me any berry, The chef gave me only "????????"). But when i wanted to go to cinnabar, captain Said please wait... How can i catch another pikachu and bulbasaur? I did all events but not pikachus Photo and bulbasaurs evolve event... Please Help me!... My Team is: dratini(48) charizard (48) raichu(45) blastoise(45) venusaur(45) gyarados(45)... Ah i forgot: i did pikachus leave event because i had a pikachu n i didnt evolve when i did this event...

thanks

Did you do the day care event? if not deposit a poke into the day care leave and go back in and deal with TR then you should be able to go to Cinnabar

athan21

pokemon eater
Years
hi guys... i would like to know if any of you know how to obtain the HM 02 fly? and how to tame charizard it won't listen to me.. and where can i get the exp share? and how do i patch may pokemon ash gray to latest version? help me plss im begging you guys.. please

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
hi guys... i would like to know if any of you know how to obtain the HM 02 fly? and how to tame charizard it won't listen to me.. and where can i get the exp share? and how do i patch may pokemon ash gray to latest version? help me plss im begging you guys.. please

There is no Fly in this game, eventually your mom will give you the ability to teleport via the PC,

The EXP share you will need a charmander, Bulbasaur, & squirtle and talk to each of the people at the fan club in Vermilion and the final one will give you it.

patching, patch like you normally would, than attach the save file to the new patch

Charizard, well be patient, the episode Charizrd Chills hasn't been made a part of the game yet so it wont obey until then. be patient...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Hi great work!! The game is awesome! but I have a problem.. after beating sabrina my pikachu stop obey me.. I've beating Erika in celadon but still don't listen to me and he is in level 32 and after beating Erika pokemon should obey till 50! What should I do??
Thanks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hey Metapod23, when are you releasing a new version of Ash Gray? (I've played 4.2 version already!)
This is my favorite hack, thanks!

Back