• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Would Attract actually feel like?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
if you were under the influence of the move Attract, What would it actually feel like? what would your emotional state and/or physical state be if a Pokémon used attract on you? how would being under the influence of Attract actually be like?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Great question. In fact, I have a lot of questions about Attract overall. It's one of those moves that, if you think about it too realistically, it can get really weird, no matter how you approach it.

Sticking just to this, though, I feel like Attract is probably like that feeling of having a mega crush on someone, butterflies, feeling flush and all. You just can't take your eyes off that person, but you don't know what to do. However, I'm also thinking it removes inhabitions in a way as well, because if it just made you straight up nervous, you'd probably back off if you aren't the proactive type. It might make you apprehensive, though, which is why you'd never attack.

It must be horrible to be a Pokemon who's been subjected to Attract thousands of times, only to get beat up shortly afterwards. That's got to be one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride. I'd be tired of the opposite gender by that point. :(

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Yeah just instantly coming over all hot and bothered, surely? I have to say it is a very cruel move to use when you think about it, but amusingly so. Genderless pokémon must be quite thankful about their immunity.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I'm guessing not all too good, considering you're meant to be fighting the enemy. "Immobilised"... Seriously?
I always felt it was kind of an insulting move. It is pretty satisfying when you can get in an attack through it, though - for some reason it always seems to be that move that finishes it. The annoying little Jigglypuff or whatever deserved it anyway.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Actually, it was always one of my favorite moves to teach and to use. It's so incredibly cheesy and it frustrates the other guy soooo good. Just as effective as an OHKO move, much better execution.

I mean, you gotta have a sense of humor to take it in stride, though. I've never battled anyone seriously. As for the genderless, they shall never feel love. Poor Magnemite. Such is a robot's life...

Back