• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Quartz "Let's Play" 2.0

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Sorry to keep you guys waiting, there's just been some stuff that's come up recently. In any case, I am playing and getting geared up for the eventual conclusion. Though I have run into a bit of a problem - Captain Keat, the madman decrying capitalist pigs, isn't letting me onto his boat, even though I've beaten the Elite Four. Is there another step I need to take before I can go on his... magical voyage?

That's likely a bug. I think I've warned you this could happen... if I haven't, I though of warning you. Too bad?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Maybe you can do some hacking. Get Advance Map and a script editor like XSE and edit the event and try it again. :\ Otherwise I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Such sadness. Our journey might already be over!!! :'(

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Maybe you can do some hacking. Get Advance Map and a script editor like XSE and edit the event and try it again. :\ Otherwise I'm not sure there's anything you can do. Such sadness. Our journey might already be over!!! :'(

Yeah but isn't hacking a hack some sort of taboo, but if Baro gives the go a head then I can't see a reason not to.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Yeah but isn't hacking a hack some sort of taboo, but if Baro gives the go a head then I can't see a reason not to.

I have no problem with that. Hacking a hack is good under circumstances like these. It is a no-no when you're releasing a hack o a hack or stuff like that.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I have no problem with that. Hacking a hack is good under circumstances like these. It is a no-no when you're releasing a hack o a hack or stuff like that.

Oh ok I have been around a lot of hacking forums and it has always been a touchy subject so thanks for clearing that up.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Ah, hacking the hack would be an elegant solution - like if Inception had unspeakable horrors instead of dreams - but as I don't have any knowledge of hacking I'm probably just going to run around finishing other stuff, and check with Mr. Time Boat ever now and again to see if he's any more accommodating.

mew_nani

Years
Well, there's loads of tutorials in the ROM Hacking section. But it's OK if you don't want to do it. It's REALLY complicated. :\

Just uh... What other stuff is there to finish? That doesn't involve the boat ride? And better yet, HOW WILL YOU LEAVE ONCE YOU'RE FINISHED?!
emot-gonk.gif

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Well, there's loads of tutorials in the ROM Hacking section. But it's OK if you don't want to do it. It's REALLY complicated. :\

Just uh... What other stuff is there to finish? That doesn't involve the boat ride? And better yet, HOW WILL YOU LEAVE ONCE YOU'RE FINISHED?!
emot-gonk.gif

It is really quite easy using advanced map you just got to be careful about getting everything set up right.

Years
So this Pokemon Quartz LP is almost finished? It's been two years on November that you started, but you should know that already. When I can I'll do a LP myself. I plan on playing Flora Sky but that's unrelated to the topic. Anyways I guess you should use A-Map if you want to finish, when you do obviously buy Pokeballs since I know where Keat takes you. Also do you plan on going to the White Whola Inn to hear some wise words from Baro and his Beavy?

mew_nani

Years
...Huh? Baro's at the White Whola Inn?! With a Beavy?!
emot-gonk.gif

...well it could be worse. Baro could have been with a Babos... or God forbid an Osoe... :paranoid:

emot-gonk.gif

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
It shouldn't be to hard to fix that. Anyone - not me, I forgot my stuff - could just get the hack and change an "if true" for an "if false" or vice versa, then hand you a fix patch.

Yuoaman

Years
There's no need to worry anymore, everyone. Daedalus was able to do some hack-related wizardry and fix the event - so I should hopefully get it finished quite soon.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yay! And as a tip Baro's at the White Whola Inn. Be careful on your way out. Over.

Speaking of that, Baro (the inn Baro) said to show him a complete Pokedex. But not all Pokemon are obtainable so that's impossible. What actually happens if you show him a complete Pokedex?

Yuoaman

Years
Yay! And as a tip Baro's at the White Whola Inn. Be careful on your way out. Over.

...when did we start talking over radios?

Speaking of that, Baro (the inn Baro) said to show him a complete Pokedex. But not all Pokemon are obtainable so that's impossible. What actually happens if you show him a complete Pokedex?

He gives you a kiss and sends you on your way.

And then your sanity crumbles around you as you weep.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Same as with Ruby. But with different pics in the diploma. That could be hacked too, it's practically the same.

mew_nani

Years
He gives you a kiss and sends you on your way.

And then your sanity crumbles around you as you weep.
W-wha?! he kisses you?!??!?!?!1?111?

...I think I just died...
emot-gonk.gif

Years
Does it get worse when you see Baro's beaver? Actually we all know the answer to that. We all should know. We. All. Should. >:O Anyways when you meet the Pokemon at Marble Castle/Unnamed Castle is it gonna be different from Zorak's Let's Play where multiple Baros come at Foxy? I presume it is despite not knowing what presume means.

Back