• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon would most likely be released at a wedding ceremony

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
many weddings feature releasing doves or swans at the ceremony. if Pokémon existed rather than animals, what Pokémon would probably be the choice of releasing of at wedding ceremonies?

Last edited:
Years
I could see Swanna being the released at weddings. I find them pretty suiting for the situation anyways.

Years
This is more of a poll than a discussion thread, so I'll move this over to Pokemon Voting Polls.

As for what Pokemon I could see being released, really any of the small bird Pokemon, with Starly or Pidove probably being the most likely.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think Pidgey is more similar to a dove and Pidove is more similar to a pidgeon, despite their namings. Pidgey would be nicer to have at a wedding - but Swablu would be the best! Like fluffy, happy clouds flying up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Swanna, Pidove, Pidgey, and Swablu would all be good choices for a Pokemon to be released at a wedding. Though personally rather than there being bird Pokemon released I would want a wedding nearby a lake or something with many Illumise and Volbeat lighting up the ceremony that would most likely be going on while it's dark out. :'3

Years
Most of the small birds I could imagine (especially swablu, pidove and starly) although Swanna would be a good candidate.

Butterflies are also quite common so Butterfree, Beautifuly and Vivillion would all be good options too. Volcorona would be awesome too... but moths don't really count do they?

But I'm with Curtis - Screw logic I'd want Charizards.

I put way too much thought into this.

Sirfetch’d

I agree on Pidove, as doves are usually released at weddings and Pidove is a dove Pokemon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Swablu.

Or maybe Swanna if you're getting married beside a lake.

Also Luvdisc, since they're made to give to a person you love (Who cares if it's a horrible Pokemon, we're not talking about battles here)

Years
If I were to arrange a Wedding Ceremony then I would make a show just like what happens in Pokemon Contests. Pokemon coming out beautifully from PokeBalls and stuff. But as a Battle loving trainer I vote for Big Pokemons like Salamence, Flygon, Charizard etc

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Swablu would be grand! That's what I would release, and then I would ride away on a fluffy Altaria with my new husband. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd release a flock of Pidgey so my darling Ollikins will always be with me at my special day. Or a whole bunch of Frosslass because seriously, how cool would they all look floating away in a hazy mist as they vanish into the air? :p

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I can imagine Swanna, Swablu and Altaria in my dream wedding, but I'd like to see Dratini and Dragonair there, too.

Back