• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atlantis Arising [M] [Most Original 4Q '11] [Best Veteran 1Q '12]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Joshua Meier – Syndicate Headquarters, Birmingham, England

Joshua had better things he could have been doing today rather than play babysitter to some overgrown teenager with control issues. He had a lab to run, tests to do, scientific discoveries to be made. More than anything he wanted to be back in his lab but orders from the Boss had drawn him out for the time being. He looked Leon up and down, the boy was much taller than himself, but quite skinny as well; Josh wondered if he would even be able to carry his gift with him or not. Regardless, Leon would have to deal with it, learning to use it. Joshua ignored the Directives introduction, simply nodding instead of giving his hand to shake. It wasn't long before the Directive departed, and Joshua was left awkwardly with Leon in the hospital.

"So...what are we going to be doing today?" Leon asked.

A smile crept onto Joshua's face, "You will be training to gain better control of your abilities. With my aid, by the end of today you should have much greater control over your ability." He turned on his heels, "Follow me please," he said as he left the hospital room.

Taking a left, he continued down the hall, coming to a set of elevator doors. Swiping a card from his pocket, the doors on the left rolled open, and he stepped in, Leon following him. Joshua punched one of the numbers on the panel and within seconds the elevator began descending rapidly towards their destination.

Joshua watched silently as the elevator passed through the various floors, clearing his throat, he spoke, breaking the silence, "So Leon, explain to me, what exactly can you do with your ability and how do you control it?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Helena Andersson - Atticus' car, Stockholm, Sweden

Atticus finally let go of Helena and hurriedly got into the car. No wonder, he wasn't exactly dressed for this weather. But then again, many pretended to not care about the snow and the cold, just because they didn't want to put on lots of thick clothes. Helena hadn't dressed up specially for this day when she left home with a few extra clothes and necessities in a backpack. She wore a rather boring blue blouse and a pair of her favorite bright, loose jeans, as well as a beanie on her head and because of the cold she wore a gray sweatshirt under her black leather jacket and a knitted, blue scarf around her neck.

She followed the red head inside the car, which was warm and cozy. Helena was rather thankful for that and shot a little smile at Atticus before she knew what she was doing. He didn't seem hostile anymore, sitting in the drivers seat and taking a few deep breaths. Maybe he had found their previous situation rather frustrating as well. Helena watched him as he threw the gun to the backseat and started fiddling with the radio. He didn't seem to like the music that played, even though one of Helena's favourite artists flew by before he seemed to settle on playing the CD instead.

"Okay, sorry, I didn't want us to get shot by the police. Sorry, okay, so I'm Atticus Forsberg. Hej. I'm part of the Atlantean Unification Project, or the AUP as some people on the inside call it."

So, he was going to pull a long explanation and try to snare her into joining them now? Helena leaned back in her seat with a sigh and braced herself.

"We are a organisation of mostly Atlanteans who are hoping to unite Atlanteans as a singular race compared to normal people. As in like, cats and dogs. Two different things," Atticus said rather quickly. That was all? He did seem a bit flustered still, actually. Maybe he thought they needed to get out of here quickly.

"That's it?" Helena decided to ask.

"Yeah, um, I can't say too much in the car here. I mean, go ahead and ask questions and I'll answer them as best I can. Hey, are you hungry? I know it's like," he glanced at his watch, "like eight in the morning but I didn't eat anything last night."

Helena felt her stomach ache, now that she thought about it. She hadn't had much for breakfast due to her nervousness. "Yeah... No, I'm not... well, yeah, I'm a bit hungry. So, wanna grab a bite casually before we go off to do secret organisation business?" Helena said, not able to keep the whole sentence completely serious. It was a bit crazy, this, after all. But he seemed serious enough about it. "We could just take a Drive In at McDonalds or something, if you wanna keep a low profile..." She glanced at his glaringly red hair and style. "Um. If you'd care about keeping a low profile. I dunno."

She leaned back into her seat again, looking out the window and shutting her silly mouth. She wasn't really thinking before she spoke. But now she took a deep breath and thought before she spoke up again.

"Listen. I get that you think you want to recruit me into some... organisation. And I guess I should thank you for getting me out of that place. Though, I could have done it myself, actually, without getting any attention, since my 'ability' happens to make me invisible at will... most of the time... well, anyways," she cleared her throat. "I have a job, a home, a family, I'm fine where I am. I can just stay hidden and pretend this day never happened, really. And if someone should find me, pssh, what can they do? I have my human rights, I mean. Right?"​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Leon Nef-Syndicate Headquarters-Birmingham, England

Leon watched a smile appear on Joshua's face. For some inexplicable reason, one that Leon had no idea why, he disliked the man right away. Perhaps he had one of those faces that were just hated right away, or perhaps it was his clothing, or perhaps he felt all he would get from him is cryptic answer, like the whole rest of the organization. Whatever the reason, Leon felt his jaw clench as the man was about to speak.

"You will be training to gain better control of your abilities. With my aid, by the end of today you should have much greater control over your ability."

Actually, that was no at all what he was expecting to hear. In fact, that was the best news he had heard all day. Leon had wanted to learn more about his power for a while now. Maybe this guy wasn't so bad, after all. Time will tell. "Follow me please," he said, and Leon obliged.

They reached an elevator, and when it arrived, Joshua walked in. Leon followed him. Neither spoke in the elevator for a while, mainly because Leon didn't know what to say to him. This was not typical, as Leon usually spoke quite a lot. Eventually, the silence was broken by the sound of a clearing of the throat, and the man speaking.

"So Leon, explain to me, what exactly can you do with your ability and how do you control it?"

Leon looked at his hand when Joshua asked the question. He clenched his fist.

"Well, from what I understand, I have the ability to control lightning. It doesn't come out of anywhere, though. I need a source. From what I can gather, I need some sort of electricity near me that I can absorb in order to use my power. I know I can hold that energy inside me for a while, but often not for too long, or I start feeling a tingling sensation in my arms. I also have trouble taking in too much sometimes. If I take in too much, I get numb, and the energy explodes out of me before I get a chance to us it. As you can imagine...it's not pleasant."

He took a look at the man next to him for a moment, before sighing.

"That's...basically all I know about it as of now. Maybe you can show me some more."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Joshua Meier - Syndicate Headquarters, Birmingham, England

By the time Leon had finished explaining how his ability worked, the elevator doors chimed as they reached their destination. Joshua had been listening intently, despite already knowing much about how Leon's ability worked, he merely needed verification that Leon was at the point Joshua believed him to be at. He noticed Leon take a look at him before sighing.

"That's...basically all I know about it as of now. Maybe you can show me some more."

Joshua smiled again, "I can do more than just 'show you some more'," he spoke, "I can, and will for that matter, help you to control this ability." Joshua took a look at his own hands as he stepped out of the elevator, Leon following behind before the doors closed quietly behind them.

They had stepped out into a similar corridor that they had left, except that this one did not have windows at either end; only stark concrete. They walked towards the right, passing a couple of other corridors and black wooden doors leading to other places before coming to a door like all the others gone. Taking a quick glance at Leon, Joshua reached for the handle and opened the door into the stark white lab. Two lines of desks on either side of the door held computers and other desktop apparel, several researchers typing furiously, ignoring their entrance. At the front was a viewing platform looking out through a massive glass window, down into some sort of testing chamber, Joshua took Leon up to the window.

"This is the training room, where we will not only teach you how to use your ability, but also perform tests, to make sure you are ready." He gestured to the empty room below, the stark white walls making it seem bigger than the half football field size it was. Joshua smiled as he knew there was much more to the room than just four walls, but he would let Leon find that out in due time.

"If you don't have any questions, then we can perform some preliminary tests before we start training." Joshua was almost anxious to see how Leon fought, from what he had heard about his fight in Moscow, Leon was nothing but raw, untapped energy, that needed to be controlled. Training Leon would be interesting.

Michael Cale - English Countryside, England

The night air grew chill as the darkness surrounded Michael. Stumbling blindly through the thick fog of darkness, he ran and ran, running from the very source of the darkness but no matter how fast nor far he ran, it was always behind him. He was too scared to look behind and stare it in the face because deep down, he knew exactly who it was. He tried to run again, but it felt like his limbs had suddenly become incredibly heavy and would not move. He glanced behind briefly, he knew the source was approaching, yet despite his desperate attempt to move, he was frozen in place. His heart was pumping, sweat was pouring down his face as he exerted all his strength into moving his legs that little bit to get away before the source caught up with him and the darkness swallowed him whole. He felt it place its ghostly hands against his shoulders, gripping tightly on either side and sending cold chills down his spine. He wanted to yell, he wanted to scream but it was as if his lips were magnetised together, and even if he could open his mouth, his throat felt as if it would not let out anything but a small whisper of air. He turned his head, slowly at first, and soon his body followed, he was turning to face the source of the darkness front on, fear ravaging through his body. He could almost see it when he felt a tug, the all too familiar sensation of falling, and everything going black.

Gasping for breath, he looked up to see Oakley leaning over top of him, arms gripping his shoulders tightly and shaking Michael's body. "Michael…uh, you're awake," she seemed somewhat relieved that he was awake, and looking around, Michael noticed that he was the last of them to awake.

"Where….what happened?" he asked, not specifically at anyone, but hoping someone would answer.

"We are only a couple of clicks from our destination." River responded, sounding harder than she had been back in London.

Michael slowly got into a sitting position, the events of the dream still plaguing his mind and intervening clips of yesterday playing sporadically. He had gone to London, signed up as an Atlantean… Oakley, his sister had been there, and the others too…. Then the helicopter, sitting awkwardly next to Oakley…. The bang as the Helicopter was hit by some projectile and feeling the tug as the air pulled him out of the Helicopter. He remembered falling, the air whistling in his ears and closing his eyes, waiting for the final impact to come…..the one that never came.

"Now that you are awake Mr. Cale," River offered Michael a hand which he took and was promptly pulled to his feet, "we can begin our journey towards our destination. If we are lucky, we should meet some friends on the way." She started heading off north around the lake, after having pointed north-east to where their location was.

He watched as the others followed behind River, the loose mouthed American girl following silently behind them which was a relief. He saw the loose cannon Christian chatting with the Italian girl, it seemed like those two were hitting it off to Michael. He set off behind them, walking slightly behind, still scared from the nightmare dream. He was hoping Oakley would be around to talk to, he wondered how he had managed to survive the fall, and he had the feeling Oakley had something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Leon Nef- Syndicate Headquarters-Birmingham, England

"I can do more than just 'show you some more.' I can, and will for that matter, help you to control this ability." Joshua said, as he smiled at Leon. Leon nodded in reply. He wondered in the back of his mind how he knew so much about the Atlanteans and their abilities. Sure, Leon was here for the money, and this guy helping him gain a better understanding of the ability is good, but how did the Syndicate know all of this?

Leon followed Joshua through the corridors and then into a room with computers, where there were scientists who typed on them. They ignored the two of them as they entered, but Leon watched them interestingly, wondering what they were for. They eventually got to the end of the room, where a massive window viewed into a chamber below.

"This is the training room, where we will not only teach you how to use your ability, but also perform tests, to make sure you are ready."

Ready for what? Leon thought in the back of his mind. What exactly are they gonna make me do this time?

First time he entered the Syndicate, it was to killed four people. Four Atlanteans. Besides the fact it was hard, it was the first time he had killed anyone.

Leon walked with Joshua into the room below. It was a simple room, but Leon had the feeling there may be more to it than what is seen, just like the rest of the organization.

"If you don't have any questions, then we can perform some preliminary tests before we start training."

Leon looked at Joshua for a moment. He actually had a bunch of question he needed to ask about the Syndicate, and about his powers, but he decided to leave them off until after his training. His excitement to test and gain more abilities weighed out his eagerness to learn about the Syndicate.

"If I get a source of energy, I'm ready." Leon said

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Nikolai Afon - Still Somewhere over Europe

"Good morning Nikolai! Did you sleep well? You know, actually, I wanna know more about your power. I saw your stunt in Australia, very cool. What else can you do?" Nikolai turned and saw that Annie had turned her chair to face him, and was looking at him, eyes glittering as if she had seen something that interested her greatly. Then again, Nikolai probably did interest her with her obvious love for anything tech related, and Nikolai with his ability. Maybe she could help him out with his ability. If anybody could, she could.

What could he do with his ability? "Well, I can play solitar and minesweeper on my phone with my eyes closed", he said grinning, "Seriously though? I'm not really sure. I took numerous computer programming classes in high school and college, and I seem to be able to do anything that I could do in those areas, just much faster. It's dificult to explain, but when I put my hand on any technology and focus, I see lines of code streaming across my mind, and I understand it as if I grew up reading it. The code seems to form into recognizible shapes or letters. For example, when I want to check Facebook on my phone, I can just touch it and focus on the app picture that is used on my phone, and I can recognize it from the code. From there, I can do whatever that specific application is designed to do."

Nikolai looked around and noticed a glass of water on the table beside him, and took a quick drink. "From there, I dont really know, its more of feeling than doing. I'm sorry I cant explain it any better, but I hardly make any sense of it myself. Most of what I have done has been by accident, like in Australia for example. Other things just seems so simple, like being able to turn the TV on without touching it or something. Honestly, I have not really explored what I am fully capable of doing with my ability. I'm sure experience will come with time, but so far I'm just exploring what I am able to do."

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Atticus Forsberg - Stockholm, Sweden

"Oh wow, thank you," Atticus took a left at the next McDonald's he saw, immediately pulling into the 'drive thru' lane. He was already dead set on what he wanted so after he had asked Helena on what she wanted, he ordered the food, picked it up and parked in the car park, pulling out his five cheeseburgers and tossing the bag to Helena. Opening the first packet, he fit the majority of the burger in his mouth and savoured the meat. Sure, it wasn't as greasy as the cheeseburgers back in California, but it still tasted like home.

"Listen. I get that you think you want to recruit me into some... organisation. And I guess I should thank you for getting me out of that place. Though, I could have done it myself, actually, without getting any attention, since my 'ability' happens to make me invisible at will... most of the time... well, anyways," she cleared her throat. "I have a job, a home, a family, I'm fine where I am. I can just stay hidden and pretend this day never happened, really. And if someone should find me, pssh, what can they do? I have my human rights, I mean. Right?"

"Yeah, I guess you could go home. I guess you could go back to your family and just fit back into your life. But for how long, really?" he pushed the rest of the burger into his mouth and swallowed before opening the next one. "Y'know, we aren't the only Atlantean organisation out there. We got word last night that four of our members were killed by another Atlantean. And we still haven't received word yet on one of our other members who was picking up a recruit in Spain. If it's not us, there'll be others who are searching for you too. And they'll have slightly darker motives. Motives in which they will kill your family if you say no," Atticus stopped eating, looking at his burger. Yeah, his family was safe, he had left them some time ago to see the world. But he had heard of others who had suffered because they had left too late or messed with the wrong people.

"Okay, okay, take this for example. One of our members has a... pretty useful power. She knew about hers before, y'know, this," he waved his hands about, gesturing in the direction of the centre, himself then to Helena. "But somebody found out about her-- uh, that member before we did. And they went to her and asked her to go with them. She said no and they... well, she doesn't have a family anymore. They killed everyone. And hurt her. The AUP found her-- uh, that member soon after, but y'know, she doesn't like to talk about it. I only heard it from someone else," Atticus scratched his brow, taking another bite of his burger. "I mean, you can go invisible and it's pretty neat, but can you keep everyone else invisible? I'm not trying to force you to do anything, but if you want to go, then go. You just have to know the consequences of being who you are."​

Anabel Falkner - Somewhere over Europe

"Yeah, no, I get you," Annie nodded and smiled. "It took me three or four weeks before I could actually grasp what I could do. And everyone has a different ability so no one really knows what you're going through. And none of my family inherited the Atlantean gene, so I was the only one. I've always been the black sheep," she yanked at her long, dirty, red hair and gestured to the freckles on her face. "Everyone else had brown hair. Except me! Haha."

She turned back to her computer, opening up the small laptop next to it and the slightly larger laptop on her left. She was going to test Nikolai as best she could in an environment like this. She would have much rathered two or three hundred computers but they really couldn't fit that in a private jet like this.

"Okay, so, gimme your phone for a sec," she leaned over, holding her hand out to take his phone. "I want you to try and get into this computer," she gestured at the desktop computer, "without using your phone. You can use whatever technology around you within reaching distance. The challenge is expanding how far your own electromagnetic waves from your brain can travel but also, this laptop and this other laptop have the same MAC address and as well as three other desktops which are identical to this one which are on the plane. The only difference will be is," she quickly opened up a text document and wrote a sentence, "is that this one has a certain phrase on it. Hang on a second," she quickly used that desktop to access the other computers, repeating what she was doing but writing different sentences. "Okay, so, you gotta tell me what this computer had written on it. Only this one. Think you can do that?"​

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Nikolai Afon - Somewhere over Europe

Nikolai handed over his phone as he accepted her challenge. Nikolai had always enjoyed challenges, and this would be interesting no doubt. His first main problem was just connecting to the computers. He had "jumped" before small distances, but this would be more tricky. Second he would have to locate the correct computer. It worried him that there were five computers in the airplane with the same MAC address, it would be difficult to determine which one was which. Also her computers would probably have advanced firewalls, dealing with those would be...interesting. He had never encountered an extremely strong firewall before, so he did not know what kind of reaciton he would get by trying to enter the system.

Nikolai closed his eyes and focused again, trying to search outward for any electromagnetic waves being emited in the small airplane. Numerous ones bounced around from what he could tell immediately. He pushed aside the ones that he knew for sure, like cell phone towers or satalites or radio waves, and focused on wifi connection. To determine which one he was looking for, he simply honed in on the most concentrated wave. Nikolai had suspected that there had been some sort of wifi antenae set up on the plane somewhere so that Annie could opperate, so the wifi signal would have to be quite close. After searching for a quick moment, he found it, a signal emiting from the rear of the plane that he identified as a wifi signal. That was the easy part, now to jump. He focused on the signal, slowly following it with his mind to it's source. The further he followed the signal to the source, the weaker he felt, stretching himself towards the signal. Just as he thought that he had failed, he finally established connection with the origin of the signal, and then he began to work out from there.

The first thing to do would be to find the five terminals. This was quite easily doneAll he had to look for was established connections, five of which had the same MAC address. So she hadn't been lying about all five being identical in address. Unsure of which to pick, he chose one at random, and tried to break his way into the computer. He felt no resistance for a moment, then a force stopped him. THe firewall, which ironically did look like a wall of fire. Great.

The firewall condensed as it turned it's focus onto Nikolai, or as the firewall saw it: the unknown program. The virus. The firewall probed his mind, trying to establish what he exaclty was, and experimentally tried to eliminate him by throwing a fireball of code at Nikolai. he was not expecting it was the fireball hit him sqaure it the chest, lines of code exploding outward and flying away. It stung a little and pushed Nikolai back, further away from the terminal, loosing connection. The firewall now formed into a more humanoid form, and started launching more fireballs at Nikolai. This time, Nikolai doged them, and studied them as they flied past him in the grid-like cyber world. Without meaning to, he memorized the short code, and then insticntively launched a fireball back at the firewall. The fireball hit the firewall, aggravating it, now turning more attention towards Nikolai. THe next five minutes were a flash of Nikolai and the Firewall attacking each other with variations of code, until finally Nikolai overpowered it with a barrage of attacks. As a last ditch effort the Firewall attempted to notify the user of the "virus" infecting teh computer. Nikolai quickly gained control and immediately canceled all of the notifications, giving the impression that the "virus" had been defeated and that the firewall was still running, when actually, Nikolai was in control.

Assuming that all of the firewalls on the other computers were the same, he spent some time developing a short code that, with his new knowledge of how the firewall worked, would destroy that specific type of firewall quickly and efficiently. After he completed that, he had an idea. He cycled through the list of programs accesible, and selected the webcam. Dissapointed, the webcam showed nothing but another part of the airplane which Nikolai had not seen. The next ten minutes were spent defeating the various firewall and experimenting with the webcam, trying to find the one where Annie was, or had been sitting. On the fourth, he finally found the passenger area and found himself staring up into Annie's face, which seemed a little odd. He quickly shut off the webcam before she noticed, which she probably did anyway, and accesed Microsfot Word. He cycled through the options, and loaded up the document that had been saved about fourty five minutes ago when Nikolai had first begun. It loaded quickly, and he found himself staring at one line of text.

"Good job. You have suceeded."

Not very imaginative, but effective nontheless. He loaded up the program onto the main screen so that Annie could see it and commanded the computer to type back.

"Thank you. You may want to check your firewalls, they may be a bit broken."

He released his hold on technology and grimaced as a wave of nausea hit him. He had found that he would get nauseated after staying in the technology for too long. He just closed his eyes and waited for it to pass, then looked over to Annie. "So how did I do?"

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Christian Calaway and Antonia Costa - English Countryside, England

Sunlight peered through the trees of the English countryside, signifying the dawn of a new day. The light was slowly forced itself through the small cold eyes of Christian Calaway. With a deep groan, Christian, against his wishes, began to awaken. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Christian struggled to take in his surroundings, with the rays of the sun pelting him in the face like snow on a winter day blurring his vision. Overcoming the pain of the sudden rude awakening, Christian slowly sat up, groaning and swearing to himself. A loud yawn followed a second rubbing of his eyes. Looking around, Christian had a brief shock only to remember why he found himself camping last night in the middle of the English countryside. Glancing out of the corner of his eye, Christian leapt a little at the sight of a sleeping woman at his side. Still wearing his jacket, she looked awfully comfortable sleeping beside him. Whether or not, they cuddled….well, he didn't remember. Blushing slightly, he shook his head trying not to read too much into it.

Leaving her alone for the time being, Christian stood up and stretched his back and neck. Nearly every movement led to a number of cracks, pops and realignments as he got the kinks out. Sleeping on the raw ground was not exactly comfortable, especially compared to luxurious feather beds Christian grew accustomed to. Making his way to the lake a few feet away, Christian knelt down and stared at his reflection. His face looked noticeably dirty, stressed and tired. Clearly the previous 24 hours were more intense than he had anticipated. Joining a mysterious organization, discovering his abilities were more than he bargained for, a helicopter crash and waking up in the middle of nowhere were not events that occurred to the every day university student. He chuckled remembering that he was still technically enrolled to a university…looks like that didn't really matter anymore. Taking a deep breath of the pleasant country air, Christian dipped his heads in the water and threw the water onto his face, attempting to clean himself up a bit.

With a sigh, Christian lifted himself off the ground and stared into the great landscape before him. He let his mind wander, muse over the recent events, and awaited for some epiphany to arrive in a gift basket.

The leather jacket felt heavy draped over Antonia's body, but she was glad to have had it as a blanket since it had kept the chill winter's night air off of her. With eyes still closed despite the sun trying to blind her, she cuddled further into the jacket, but it was slowly loosing the heat that it had retained during the night. Vague memories of the previous afternoon crossed her mind, she remembered the fear that had swallowed her whole when the helicopter was about to crash, the bravery of the guy sitting next to her as he tried to save them. She remembered the awful feeling of nearly drowning as the lady named River had saved her and the American.

She sat up and looked around, trying to find the guy who had been next to her on the helicopter. She wrapped the jacket further around herself, and when she stood up, it hung down to below her knees, her arms barely reaching the ends of the sleeves. She turned around in circles before finding the man who had tried to save her, watching as he bent down to take a drink from the crystal clear lake before gazing out at the landscape.

Antonia had hardly been to England before, River found her only just the other day, before all the events that had transpired, and taken her into her care when the Syndicate had tried to take her from her parents. Still, the landscape, no matter how beautiful it was, still paled in contrast to her Italian homeland.

She wandered over to the man who was about a head taller than herself. She took in his profile, the graying hair and muscular physique, he was at least in his twenties was all that Antonia could figure out, but he looked much older than that.

"Thank you," she mumbled quietly, "Thank you for saving me. Or trying to." She spoke a little louder this time, giving a half-hearted laugh at the end. Where most people would have found the acrid fumes emanating from his body disgusting, she liked it, it was something different.

"I'm Antonia Costa," she introduced herself, "and you are?"

"Christian Calaway," he answered, continuing to gaze into landscape. He never did well with women...not since her, at least. Christian's brain came to a screeching halt, unable to process anything more than a name. "It was....it was nothing. No need to thank me. I didn't do much anyway. If anything, I put you in more danger. If it wasn't for River..."

Antonia's smile faded, although it was true that he hadn't been able to fully save them, he had at least gotten her out of the helicopter. If it hadn't been for Christian, she would have still been in the helicopter when it crashed, rooted to her seat, too scared to move. "Still..." she moved a lock of hair from her face, the sleeve of his jacket falling down to reveal her hand, "we are alive." She always tried to look on the bright side of things, but Antonia often found it hard to not put it in such a negative context.

"So what is it like to control smoke? I mean, how does your power work?" she asked, it was the only thing that wasn't really personal, they all had an ability, it's not like everyone can hide their like she can.

Christian put his hand before Antonia and small streams of smokes rose from each finger. The streams blended together, forming shapes, figures, and small pieces of art. The various creations appeared to dance around in the sky before them. Christian was crafting a shadow puppet show for Antonia, revealing a slightly more playful side to stern man.

"My ability is powered by thought, focus and concentration. I can do plenty of things with this smoke but all of it requires that I concentrate on it and picture it in my mind. I guess you could say, if focus is the weapon than my imagination is the ammunition. I can generate smoke, control it and...." Christian paused. The smoke figures that performed for them blended together in a sphere. Christian brought the sphere to his hand, hovering in its palm. Looking around casually, Christian suddenly turned and launched the sphere at a innocent tree a few meters away from him. The sphere became a solidified concussive blast that crashed into the tree and when the dust settled only splintered debris remained.

"I can manipulate smoke on a molecular level; make it solid among other things. Even then, I am...I am not quite sure how it works. Half the things I do is a mystery to say the least. I frequently find myself becoming an intangible gas with barely any form to it. Or even worse, I wake up as a smoke cloud floating above the ground. My powers are constantly active so the second I let myself...erm..slip I guess is the best way to put it...I can lose my physical form. I guess that would probably explain why I have been a bit...uptight to say the least. Oh, and apparently I smell like smoke all the time," Christian joked, hoping to stop sounding so melodramatic. "What about you? What's your ability?"

Antonia shied away when Christian asked her about her ability, to her it was nothing over the top like controlling smoke, and next to him, she felt quite powerless. She also found it quite hard to explain exactly how her ability worked, which was always the difficult thing whenever someone asked. "The general term for it is Adoptive Muscle Memory." she started, that was if Christian even understood what it means, "essentially I see someone do something, then I replicate it almost perfectly." She took a step back, "like this," and removed her shoes alongside Christians coat.

She ran forward, towards the edge of the water, but before she leapt in, she jumped into the air, spinning in mid-air before landing in the shallows. "Up until a week ago, I could never have done that, until I watched my cousin do it." She returned and put on her shoes as River and the others woke. She handed Christian back his jacket, despite her body being wracked by shivers for landing in the cold water.

Antonia returned just at Michael had woken, and River began walking of in a north-east direction, apparently towards somewhere safe, but after last night, Antonia began to think that perhaps nowhere was safe for them now. She waited for Christian to catch up to her before responding, "so, that is my ability, compared to yours, its not strong at all." she said, letting her head fall, "I don't even see why they need me."

"Don't doubt yourself. Your ability is quite impressive. I wish I could do that," Christian smiled, patting his stomach to imply he was too fat. It was a poor joke, uncharacteristic of himself but he felt the need to be supportive. He caught up to Antonia and threw his jacket back over her shoulders. "Keep it for now. You look cold," Christian said, refusing to take no for an answer. At this point, Christian was practically immune to changes in temperature. In fact, he had constantly felt a bit warm. He theorized it was an unintentional side effect of his power, being that his body had effectively become smoke. And smoke traditionally occurs where there is fire, which is warm. Made sense in a way.

"Where do you think River is bringing us?"

Antonia wasn't exactly sure where they were going, River had been scarce on details, the only thing she absolutely knew was that they were heading for the Atlantean Royal Family's headquarters. Apparently they were safe there. Apparently.

"From what I know, their headquarters, but where exactly that is, I have no clue." Antonia replied, she continued on, head down trudging through the grass. "It's not like I completely trust her," she said raising her head to look at the ever looming clouds in the sky, "she's a total stranger, she could easily be lying to us and we wouldn't even know it when we are hearing only her side of the story. Am I right? or am I just being paranoid?" she finished, looking back at Christian.

Christian met her glance and nodded in agreement: "I don't trust her at all to be honest. I want to but I find it difficult to trust anyone affiliated with any large organization, even less so when they are part of a government. And now that I think about it, River is becoming harder to trust. She is definitely hiding something. Now what exactly? I don't know, but I do have one possible explanation. It's a bit... ludicrous to be honest but humor me on this one," Christian said before pause. He brought his right arm to his chin, rubbing his stubble lightly to articulate his thoughts. His left arm remained idly across his chest, bracing himself for nothing. "We are finding ourselves involved in some secret struggle amongst several organizations that knew about the 'the Atlanteans' for some time. At most I would date this conflict about 100 years though. This assuming there is bad blood that could date back for generations. Though if it's political strife, it could be shorter. Gah, never mind. Anyway, the 'Royal Family' used the 'reveal' and registration 24 hours ago as a massive recruiting project to gather as many as possible to staff their organization for a major...project let's say. Could they be building an army? Or gathering 'support' for something much greater? I am not entirely sure. My gut says a war is brewing hence why she is bringing us to a base. What are bases used for traditionally? Training. My heart wants to believe there is a good intention behind all of this though. Now, one or more of the other organizations caught wind of this 'project' the family is planning and more than likely launched several attacks targeting high ranking members of the 'The Royal Family'. River, and subsequently us, happened to be victims of those attacks," he finished before placing his hands into his pockets. "She is telling us her story because it is what she wants us, her followers, to hear. Then again, I could be completely wrong. Blame my interest political theory and obsession with conspiracy theories for constructing this elaborate scenario. But...it makes sense if you think about it." Christian sighed a bit, kind of depressed as his own take on the whole ordeal.

Antonia found Christian's rant hard to take in at first, the amount of information he had told her was quite large, but the more he talked the more it seemed like things were beginning to fit into place like pieces of a puzzle. Antonia quickly shoved her hand into Christians palm as River looked back at them to make sure they were following. They had been walking for a while now, and Antonia began to get paranoid that River could hear their conversation and was leading them into a trap. She tried not to look River in the eyes, instead she cast her gaze down at their hands interlocked. Christian had quite big palms that almost swallowed her small hands.

Standing on her tip-toes, she leaned in close to Christian's ear, "You have a good point, we should talk about this later." she whispered in his ear before dropping back down. "So what is your favourite colour?" she asked a little louder, trying to sound like mindless chatter, but to also get to know Christian better.

The interlocked hands and whisper caused Christian to blush, a bit unintentionally. Never really thinking abou it, Christian did find Antonia attractive to say the least. She had a fairly athletic figure, with dark brown hair framing her a youthful face. The fact she was a head shorter only helped. Christian always had a thing for shorter girls. Most impressive was her brown eyes. Christian preferred green eyes in women. Hazel was ideal. But Antonio's eyes had a captivating allure to them that captured Christian's attention any time she glanced upon him. Just thinking about it caused him to become more flustered than normal, being embarrassingly noticeable.

"Favorite color! Right, right," Christian said aloud, his red face burning with nervous energy. "If I had to pick, I guess it would red. Something about the energy red has. Reminds me of fire. It's a powerful color. What about yours? If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say...mhmm green?"

Antonia chuckled, Christian was far off from his guess on her favourite colour, but at least he had tried. "No, you're wrong. Guess again!" she challenged.

"Yellow?"

"Correct!" Antonia said quite loudly, bringing her hands to her mouth, she had said it a bit louder than she intended to. She laughed quietly, Antonia hadn't had this much fun since being picked up by River back in Florence. A piece of hair had blown in her face, and as she moved it, she took a glimpse up at Christian. There was something about this man, that made Antonia like being around him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

"Thank you? I think you got the wrong one," she teased, turning her monitor around on her main desktop, the word document reading "you are a poop". She turned around the other laptop, which read "Good job. You have succeeded". "Be careful with technology, the obvious is not always the right one! People program things in weird ways to try and throw hackers and programmers off track, so be wary, ok? But you did well!" she turned back to her monitor, tapping away furiously though her face didn't change as one would with that amount of concentration. For her, this was easy. "You certainly did a number on my firewall. Corrupting all that data, I'll either have to uninstall it and reinstall it or just rewrite all the code. Rewriting is probably faster."

"Good morning," Natalia emerged from the cockpit, holding three plates of breakfast, each consisting of different amounts of pancakes, bacon, eggs and sausages. She passed the biggest plate to Nikolai and poured a cup or apple juice for him, then gave the smallest and another cup of juice to Annie, who let it sit on her desk as she worked away. "Did you sleep well?"

"Hey, Nikolai, you speak English, right? You lived in California?" Annie swapped over to English, her own New Yorker accent quite obvious, even without the English. "I'm too tired for Russian, I'm sorry Natalia."

"You didn't sleep last night?" Natalia followed suit.

"Nope," Annie sighed, scratching her lip as she finished her code and dug into her breakfast, wolfing it down quite quickly. "Couldn't," she quickly changed the subject, not really wanting to get into that. "Hey, Nikolai, are you excited, yeah? You know already where we are going, right? I saw you snooping around yesterday afternoon.​

Oakley North - English Countryside, England

Oakley trailed behind everyone else, watching Michael's footsteps in the grass in front of her as the blades folded under his weight and sprung back up as he stepped up. It was kind of wonderful, watching how something so fragile can pick itself up after something that's one hundred times it's weight simply crushes it.

The countryside was quite pretty at this time of year. Sure, winter always brought dreary weather but from what she could remember, but the sun poking through and the frost on the ground looked picturesque. It also reminded Oakley how cold she was and how wearing a thin woollen sweater over a singlet top was probably a bad idea weather wise. Still, she hadn't expected to have been in these clothes during the night; she had brought other clothes in her bag (which she had over a shoulder. Luckily, it and all the clothes she had brought had survived). Being so distant minded, her armour had slowly begun to grow back on her right arm, now just below her elbow and being an inch or two bigger than it was usually. She pulled her coat closer to her using her left hand. Of course, she could just pull out another coat from her bag but she didn't want to slow down more than she already was.

"Une autre page de tournée, dommage pour cette journée," she sung under her breath as she mulled over yesterday's events lightly in her brain, trying to concentrate more on these footsteps (she was never sure how her armour would react to anything). She had fallen. She thought she had died from impact. She wasn't sure how she had survived, only that she could not remember anything as the armour pulled over her face and she had awoken in Michael's arms. She wasn't even sure where she was going as she overheard a few words from Christian and the girl with the Italian accent. She was just here and walking. "Fais fondre ta glace, ou ben change de place."

As hard as she tried not to think, her mind kept coming back. What had happened in the helicopter? How had she done what she had done? Why couldn't she remember, though she knew she was awake. Like a distant memory. Was it something to do with her armour? What would happen if it did it again? Would she forget again? Was this what her power did to her? What else did it do, other than pain? She exhaled, her right arm twinged as it travelled slowly to her elbow. Her arm was now down to her knee. She exhaled again, trying to calm herself. She could not afford to keep getting worked up over these things, not when this thing could do terrible things to her.

"Fais fondre ta glace, c'est moi qui est tombé en pleine face."​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Helena Andersson - Atticus' car, Stockholm, Sweden

"Yeah, I guess you could go home. I guess you could go back to your family and just fit back into your life. But for how long, really? Y'know, we aren't the only Atlantean organisation out there. We got word last night that four of our members were killed by another Atlantean. And we still haven't received word yet on one of our other members who was picking up a recruit in Spain. If it's not us, there'll be others who are searching for you too. And they'll have slightly darker motives. Motives in which they will kill your family if you say no."

Helena didn't reply. She was actually a bit scared by the thought of more organizations... the Atlanteans had barely revealed themselves and already the whole world was spinning around them... around her.

"Okay, okay, take this for example. One of our members has a... pretty useful power. She knew about hers before, y'know, this," Atticus waved his hands about, gesturing in the direction of the centre, himself then to Helena. "But somebody found out about her-- uh, that member before we did. And they went to her and asked her to go with them. She said no and they... well, she doesn't have a family anymore. They killed everyone. And hurt her. The AUP found her-- uh, that member soon after, but y'know, she doesn't like to talk about it. I only heard it from someone else," Atticus scratched his brow, taking another bite of his burger. "I mean, you can go invisible and it's pretty neat, but can you keep everyone else invisible? I'm not trying to force you to do anything, but if you want to go, then go. You just have to know the consequences of being who you are."

"Actually, I can keep others invisible... or, I mean, I've been meaning to try and practice and manage to do so soon. Eh. But that's beside the point, right." Helena sighed and looked down at her hands, which were cupped around the burger in her hand. What a turmoil. She did want to be on the right side of all this. But what if this side tricked her, and Atticus was really one of the bad guys? She glanced up at the seemingly carefree man. Oh, whatever.

"Jaja," she said. "If you think it's safer for my folks..." She didn't want to drag pappa or mamma into this and her brother would find everything out from his contacts on the web anyhow. Maybe not about her, but about all the organizations. Come to think of it... maybe she could have him search for info and then tell her? She would know better what she was getting herself into then. But for now...

"... Then I'm in. So what now?"​

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Joshua Meier and Leon Nef - Syndicate Headquarters, Birmingham, England

From his back pocket Joshua pulled a simple nine volt battery, holding it in front of his face to show Leon before leaning down to roll it/ throw it towards Leon's feet, it landing only a few feet in front of him.

"I want to see how much that will last you, if you need more, take it from the socket over there." He said pointing towards the wall nearest to them. Joshua splayed out his arms and legs, opening up his chest as a target. He wanted to test Leon, to see not only his ability, but also his response.

He laughed a little, "hit me with your best shot." He challenged Leon, not knowing what Leon was going to do, but ready for anything Leon could throw at him.

Leon grabbed the battery from the floor, observing the small object with his fingers. He looked at Joshua, surprised by what he just said. Leon responded with an arched eyebrow.

"You do know my lightning could kill people, right?" He said to Joshua. He shrugged, and clenched his fist on the battery. He could feel the energy drain from the battery, and into Leon's hand. In a few more seconds, the battery was empty. He dropped it on the ground, and faced Joshua.

Leon began to gather energy from inside into his right arm. He could feel his nerves tingle as electricity passed through. He then focused the electricity from the base of his palm to his index and middle finger, the point at which he usually focuses to release energy. The electricity passed out of his arm, and was now visibly being held by his two fingers. The harsh sound of electricity filled the room as the energy made its way out of Leon's body. A moment later, Leon pointed his two fingers at Joshua, and released the lightning at him.

Joshua watched in amazement at the amount of concentration it too Leon just to absorb the battery dry and gather the electricity at the tips of his fingers. He continued to watch Leon fire the bolt of lightning at him, he knew that Leon could kill with it, if Joshua was right then a simple nine volt battery could easily hold enough power to kill someone, even if it wasn't used as a weapon in the way Leon crafted it. The way he had it now, Joshua figured, that it was a literal spear of lightning, and would hit like a combination of the two.

The bolt hit Joshua square in the chest, only a few centimetres right of his heart; an almost deadly hit. He wasn't flung back, nor was a gaping, searing hole punctured through his chest. Joshua felt the raw energy absorb into his body, he knew that he could not hold it there for long without it doing irreparable damage to his system, so he let it flow through his chest, bringing his arms arcing forward and releasing the bolt back at Leon.

"Is that your best shot?" he jeered at Leon, laughing maniacally.

Leon barely dodged his own lightning attack which flung back at him. Staring at the wall where the lightning hit, then back at Joshua, he had his mouth wide open, clearly surprised.

"What the f***? How did you do that?" Leon asked, clearly puzzled. Obviously, Leon knew now Joshua had some kind of power, so he was also Atlantean, but it still shocked him.

Joshua laughed again, "Your Atlantean ability is your secret weapon," he began lecturing Leon, "alongside your tattoo, it is the only thing that singles you out from the rest of human kind. A secret weapon is something you want to keep a secret, use at the last possible moment as a trump card. Before you even think of using your ability, you need to make sure you know what your opponent is capable of, otherwise, like what has just happened here, they can turn it back onto you." Joshua hadn't grown up in the Syndicate, but he had been trained much the same way as he was going to train Leon. An Alantean's greatest gift is their inherent abilities, it is the perfect trump card to change the tide of any battle, and should be used wisely.

He took a second before continuing on, changing the subject slightly, "my ability has no official name. Essentially, it's redirection using my body as a conductor. I absorb whatever is being aimed at me, only to redirect it elsewhere, holding it in would do irreparable damage to myself. The limitation to this, however, is that I can absorb only certain things. Since electricity conducts through the body naturally, I can absorb it then redirect it, fire, for instance, I could not." Joshua knew his power better than anyone else, but he still did not have a grasp of it, despite having years of practice.

"This time, I want you to fire another bolt of electricity at me, but when I fire it back at you, you must take it back into yourself and fire it back at me. Think of it like a game of tennis." Joshua moved to a different stance, left foot forward, right foot behind, arms at the ready; his right forward more so than his left to absorb the electricity.

Leon listened to Joshua's ability. He had never heard of that type of ability, but then again, he hadn't heard of other types as well. In fact, he really had no grasp on what types of abilities there are, or even how many exist. When Leon heard what Joshua expected him to do, he began to protest.

"Wait, hang on, I never tried to have it redirected back into my body. I don't even know what it'll do when it goes back inside! Pah..." He stopped, only as to not whine as much. If it was the only way to gain a better sense of his ability, he'll do it. Besides, he was sure Joshua knew what he was doing, right?

Leon gathered energy from his arms once more. The electricity passed through his arm to the tips, and once again, formed outside his body and at the tip of his two fingers. Aiming at Joshua once more, he fired the electricity in a swift motion. When it release, he awaited for what would happen next.

Joshua was ready for the attack this time, making it a much smoother experience. He felt the bolt of electricity enter through his right palm, following his main vein up towards his heart. By the time it had entered into his body, Joshua had complete control of where it went, as it passed across his chest, startling his heart and down his left arm. He breathed a short sigh of relief as it left from his left palm as he thrust his left hand outwards towards Leon. He watched and waited to see how Leon would fare, ready to react if something went wrong.

The bolt of lightning passed through Joshua, and returned to Leon as quick as a bullet. Leon had almost no time to react as the bolt entered his body. He cold feel it now, traveling inside his skin alongside his nerves. For a moment, he didn't know how to react as the electricity slowed as it made it's way from his arms to the torso of his body. He felt a great exhilaration as he felt the immense power travel around his body, but no sooner did he realize the danger he was in the longer he kept it in his body close to his vital organs. He slowly felt himself get numb, and struggle for a moment. Getting a grip over himself, he continued to guide the lightning through his torso, and up to his right arm, back to his right arm awaiting his exit. He pointed the two fingers at Joshua once more, and released a bolt of lightning that for some reason was a lot stronger than the one he originally sent out.

Leon fell to his knees as the lightning finally released out of his body. He panted heavily. He had realized something about his ability in that short exchange: The longer he keeps it in his body before guiding it out, it becomes stronger. However, at the same time, it also becomes more dangerous, and life-threatening.

Leon looked up at Joshua, wondering how he fared.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

River Beleren - English Countryside, England

As she walked through the frost bitten fields, the grass crunching beneath her feet, River would often take glances back to make sure the others were following her. She noted Christian and Antonia chatting away even laughing at some points, Oakley idly walking behind them, looking around and taking in the natural beauty of the English countryside. All River saw was the same old grassy plains in place of the ever present concrete she had experienced growing up. Behind Oakley, Michael walked, silent and head bowed, following idly like a sheep. River worried about those two, she knew enough about them to know that they were brother and sister, and neither had seen each other in several years, but usually siblings would be anxious to catch up on each other's life, whereas these two seemed absorbed into their own little worlds.

River turned back to make sure they were going in the right direction, when the American girl, Chrysta Elgar, appeared to her right. "You must be a long way from home," River commented, trying to strike up conversation.

"Yeah," she replied unenthusiastically, she seemed kind of distant and upset to River, which was reasonable.

"What is it like in America? I can't say I have been there before." River was drawing blanks at what to talk to the girl about; she wasn't use to small talk, which usually became awkward for her and whomever she was conversing with.

"It's…..it's nice." River stopped trying to pursue a conversation after this reply. Obviously the girl did not want to talk, much less hold a conversation, but River was a bit worried about her.

They had been walking for nearly half an hour when the all too familiar sound of vehicles approaching from the distance alerted River. Friend or foe, River was unsure, but she was ready for either encounter, hoping the earlier was more likely to happen than the later. She raised her hand up, signalling the others behind her to stop, and moved Chrysta behind herself so she could protect them all if it came to fighting. River got more worried the closer it came until the Quad Bikes roared over the top of the hill, crashing down on the other side before sliding into park in front of River.

River breathed a sigh of relief as the man on the first Quad Bike removed his helmet. Short, shaggy dirt brown hair waved in the wind, a slightly longer fringe covering his green eyes and a complexion unravaged by age, Justin Oak was by far the youngest in the Atlantean Royal Family. Arms and legs as thick as trunks and quite overly muscled, reflected the amount of training he done, but the minute he spoke, the voice seemed as if it did not match the body. "Hey River, hows it been?" he asked, his voice soft, almost wispy like the wind was rustling through some leaves.

"A bit rough, but nothing I can't handle." She said, letting a small laugh escape out her lips. There was no denying it, she was actually relieved for once to see Justin arrive, and you could tell that in her voice.

"I see, I see. You brought some cannon fodder too? Haha, looks like we brought just enough Quads for everyone." He said gesturing to the others on the Quad Bikes who removed their helmets too. "If everyone wants to jump on a bike, then we can get going!" he addressed the others behind River. She waved to the others, telling them it was safe, and to get on one of the quad bikes. Taking Justin's hand, she swung onto the back, hugging him closely, her arms gripping a hold of him around his waist as he replaced his helmet and gunned the quad bike. He made sure everyone was safely on a bike before he shot forward; arcing around back to the direction he had come from.

A young man, no older than seventeen offered his hand to Oakley. Short sandy-blonde hair lay against his scalp, with blue eyes flecked with gold sitting below his fringe. "The name's Kieran, Kieran Davis, nice to meet you." He smiled at Oakley.

A girl somewhere in her mid-twenties appeared with her sister beside Christian and Antonia. They looked at each other before nodding. They both had long auburn hair, tied back in a pigtail and soft white skin. They both shared an interesting eye set, one had Hazel coloured left, whilst the others was on the right, the other side being green in colour. Her sister took Antonia by her hand, introducing herself before helping Antonia onto the back of her Quad Bike. She sped off leaving the girl sizing up Christian. "Hop on, Big Boy, let's take a ride!" She challenged him, inching forward on her seat to accommodate him.

Behind River, Chrysta was taken aboard a Quad Bike by a darker skinned Male whom after saying a couple of words lost to the wind, brought up a smile on Chrysta's face.

Michael was left with the final rider. Female in sex and a little bit taller than Michael, she reminded him of army career woman, which scared Michael a bit. After a brief introduction and finding out her name was Bridget, he jumped onto the back of her Quad and awkwardly gripped her around the waist as they shot off across the British countryside.

It took them just over an hour to reach their destination, but River could spot it from ten minutes away, and just seeing the building made River more at ease. An old school house from way back, River's parents alongside the parents of Blyaze, Thalia and Cobalt had brought it when it closed down during their time as young Atlanteans. They had converted much of it into a Mansion of sorts, but still keeping parts like the sleeping wing as it was, and soon they had their own little private institution. River never really attended until much later in life, after her parents split her mother had taken her back to China when she was still quite young. She shivered; those memories so long ago still haunted her to this day.

Justin and his crew took the quad bikes in slower than they had arrived to pick up River and her recruits. They splashed through the small creek that bordered the southern edge of the grounds, the hem of River's dress getting soaked before he grudgingly removed the dirty water from it in one sweep of her hand. There was no welcoming ceremony for them, a couple of recruits that were outside practising or relaxing in the sun turned to have a look, but were all preoccupied with their own doings. The three garage doors opened to reveal a large interior full of cars and other vehicles, including Christian's bike, all neatly parked.

Justin killed the motor in the middle of the driveway, the others doing the same only a little behind him. "End of the line," he chimed once he had removed his helmet.

River thanked him, before turning to the other recruits. "Welcome to our home, here your will be safe from outside harm and be taught not only how to control your respective abilities, but also how to defend yourself and ultimately survive." She looked around at the group she had brought with her, none of them had eaten since they left, so her first idea was to take them to the cafeteria, where they would be finishing breakfast. "If you would like to follow me, we can go and get something to eat before we meet some of the more important people and tour the area."

River took them to the cafeteria, only a short walk from the garage. Alongside one wall stood a table laden with food, bits and pieces of what had been a feast for breakfast still remained. Only a couple of students sat in groups at the circular tables that sat strategically around the room. "Help yourself," she told the others as she grabbed a green apple from the fruit basket and sat at a nearby table.

Michael Cale – Boston, England

Michael sat awkwardly on the back of his quad bike, his driver skilfully taking control over the machine Michael was sure he would crash if he were to drive. She had not said anything for the whole trip, remaining silent as they travelled north through the frost bitten English countryside. He gazed in awe at the place they had arrived, the Atlantean Royal Family had some sort of mansion, the best he could relate it to would have been the same mansion the X-Men lived in, but they were nothing but characters on a television screen. He looked around as they drove through the grounds and into a garage about the size of Michael's apartment full of cars, motorbikes and other random vehicles, most likely belonging to other residents.

He quickly thanked his driver, trying not to look her in the face as he dismounted and followed River through the halls of the mansion. The place reminded him too much of the boarding school he had attended back in London, until he realised that the place was in fact an older boarding school, probably from around the same time as his own had been created.

They were lead into a massive dining room, and once he saw the table of food laid out, he accepted River's offer, his stomach had been grumbling since they had been retrieved by the people on the quad bike. He took a ceramic plate from the pile and grabbed a couple of bits of food, croissants, Alssasser Rolls, a couple of bits of bacon that were still warm and a cup of orange juice. He turned and took a seat at the table opposite River, and hungrily began to eat his breakfast; it had been nearly twenty-four hours since he had last eaten. The food was delicious, the bread was if it had been freshly baked and the bacon recently cooked, even the juice tasted as if it was freshly squeezed, much nicer than the supermarket food he usually brought. It brought tears to his eyes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Atticus smiled as Helena accepted, a great weight being lifted from his chest. Helena had been his second attempt a recruit, the first not going so well (his ability had been to create light by clapping his hands and figured that him and his family was in no real danger. Atticus had not agreed with his decision, but respected it). At least now nobody would be disappointed with him and his morals.

"Now, we head somewhere safe. There's a plane heading our way and it has our name on it. Somewhere a little less cold than this. Maybe," Atticus exhaled quickly, swallowing his last burger. He gave Helena another smile as he reversed out of the carpark and pulled back onto the main road, heading towards the closest airport which, he read on his GPS as he leant a little closer to see it, was the Stockholm-Bromma Airport. Probably about twenty or so minutes from where they were now. Not bad, not bad at all. Hopefully Annie was tracking them and would tell the plane to come to them so they weren't waiting around for a while.

They had maybe travelled through two or three intersections before Atticus noticed a strange noise coming from outside. He wound down his window, sticking his head out to see what exactly that screeching noise was before he heard a crack and a sharp whistling sound fly past his ear.

"Sh*t!" he quickly pulled his head back in and stamped his foot on the accelerator, running his red light and manoeuvring around the adjacent traffic. That was a gun. There was somebody behind them with a gun. He sneaked a look in his rear view mirror and sure enough, a shady, large, black SUV had followed them through the red light. There was another crack and back, left window cracked as the bullet skimmed past it. They weren't just taking random shots, they were aiming. "Helena, quick, get down!"

He had no idea who they were, only that his trip to the airport had been slightly delayed. And by slightly, he meant that probably a lot because shaking off a SUV in daylight was not an easy thing to do.

"Helena, do you... know how to use a gun?" he wasn't about to ask her to kill somebody but if they needed opposing fire, at least they had a back up plan.​

Oakley North - Boston, England

Oakley took his hand with her left, keeping her right arm against her torso. She smiled a little back at him, trying not to make too much eye contact but she couldn't help but gaze at his eyes for just a second. They were blue, but with those specks of gold flicked throughout it kind of gave off a hazel look. But they weren't. She climbed aboard the quad bike, reluctantly wrapping her left arm around her torso and keeping her right arm in her lap. When Kieran turned around to make sure she was on properly, Oakley pushed her right arm further into her lap. She was still shaky and nervous from yesterday.

"I'm Oakley," she said as they took off, following the other bikes across the countryside. Feeling still quite sleepy, she rested her forehead again Kieran's back. Yeah, the landscape didn't look as nice as the morning. Her thoughts of dew drops disappeared as she noticed the building in the distance. As they grew closer to it, it only reminded her of her school in France. Her mind didn't sit on the subject of the past too long, her eyes widening as she noticed a few people outside in the grounds, using what Oakley could only call their Atlantean abilities. How could they be so open about it all? Oakley did not like how her 'power' made her feel, not one bit. But these people, looked so open about it all. She even noticed a few people who looked younger than her. She screwed up her face as they all pulled into a driveway. She'd have to try and be a lot more open about her armour now, it seemed.

River welcomed them to what she called 'home' and whisked them all off to the cafeteria. She stuck close to Kieran, not wanting to get lost in a big place like this, though it wasn't a long walk at all. The cafeteria itself was quite large but there were not many people in it. Breakfast was almost over, she guessed. But when River invited them to eat, Oakley felt her stomach churn. Indeed, she had not eaten since yesterday morning. Michael was first to jump in and Oakley nervously followed him, eyeing off the food. She was not a big eater, but took a plate and grabbed a croissant, some fruit, a small potato cake and some pancakes. She felt her mouth water as the different aromas danced off the plate. She then skittered off to an empty round table, cutlery already set on the table. She took her fork in her left hand and pulled her right arm up, slowly picking up a knife. Her armour had decreased while she had calmly watched the countryside from the quad bike, now down to a controllable point; midway up her forearm. She put down her cutlery, pulling her bag from her back and pulling out some material bandages she had packed and wrapped her right arm under the table, enough so it was comfortably hidden and she could still move her fingers. Then, she got into her food.

"Oh mon dieu," she sighed as the pancake practically melted in her mouth. This food was way better than her school's cooking or anything her father made.

Last edited:

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Nikolai Afon - Somewhere over Europe

Nikolai sighed, he should have known better. He would have to try to do better in the future. No doubt Annie would give him harder and harder tests to train him in...whatever he was going to do. His mood lightened as Natalia brought in three large plates of pancakes and apple juice, bacon and sausage, the breakfast of his dreams. He hungrily wolfed it down, enjoying the tastes of the food.

He looked up as Annie said something to him, "Hey Nikolai, you speak English, right? You lived in California?" Nikolai nodded, and mentally switched languages to English. He hadn't spoken it for a while, it had been a few years since he had last used it a lot, but his second language slowly came to him.

"Hey, Nikolai, are you excited, yeah? You know already where we are going, right? I saw you snooping around yesterday afternoon", Annie said to him.

Nikolai smiled, "Yes. I haven't been to France before, it should be....interesting. Although I am more interested in learning more about what the AUP is like. And what my role in it is going to be."

Legend

Kingslayer
Years

Christian Calaway- English Countryside and Boston, England

Journeying through the ice fields of England was a easy yet boring quest. Everyone in their party was conversing amongst themselves or walking idly glancing around, admiring the countryside. Christian joined in everyone's convenient new hobby while making causal conversation with Antonia. They managed to get off the topic of conspiracy theories and redirected their focus to more casual topics such as favorite hobbies and such. It was nice to have someone to talk to after his isolation due to nearly killing a small child back in London. Solace was achieved if even for a short period of time.

The temporary peace was broken by the roar of engines rampaging through the serene fields. A horde of off road, quad bikes stopped before them. River stood in front, ready to engage the bikers if they sought combat. It would appear, however, that they were among friends. River talked plainly and comfortably with them suggesting they were friends, or at least acquaintances. Christian, at this point, theorized that the bikers were employed by the Royal Family in some capacity. It was also possible they were actually members of the Royal Family itself. That would have been to fact checked later. Each member of River's group boarded a different bike, usually following an invitation.

Christian and Antonia were approached by a pair of attractive sisters, though he had to hide that fact from Antonia. Antonia boarded one silently, aided by the sister.

"Hop on, Big Boy, let's take a ride!" the other sister said challenging him, sliding up to give him room. Christian smirked and climbed up, unassisted. Knowing motorcycle safety, Christian sat fairly close and grasped the girl's waist. Unlike earlier, he managed to not blush probably telling himself he had to hug her to not fall off. Christian stayed quiet for the ride, unable to have anything of note to stir conversation. Choosing to save any questions he had for later, Christian looked ahead hoping to catch sight of their destination. He was not sure what to expect. A traditional military base like in the movies was the first image to pop into his head. Somehow it seemed out of place the more he thought about it.

It would appear that the shred of doubt that was correct. In the distance emerged a grand mansion. Eased to see the destination, the impatience that dwelled inside of him was calmed for a time. As they crept closer, blasting through a small creek, Christian entered the grounds with awe, surprise and newfound solace. The mansion and it's grounds were that of a functional, peaceful society. Those who sworn allegiance to this faction were training, relaxing, socializing, and enjoying one's company. It was a pleasant sight to see. One that gave the young man hope in the goals of the Royal Family.

Driving into the large garage, Christian saw the resources that this faction had. Cars, vehicles, motorcycles….wait….what was that? It couldn't be!

Leaping off, Christian rushed over to the holy grail of this garage. The prize of the gods. The apple of Christian's eye. His creation. His baby.

THE BIKE.

Christian rushed off, seeing the bike was still pristine condition. No scratches and everything was in place. His helmet was even included. Had the Royal Family somehow found where he had lived and brought his valuables? Maybe they extracted some clothing and other "necessities" such as his laptop? That would be nice. Sure, it was an evasion of privacy but it was a gesture that can be excused as an peace offering for nearly killing them less than 24 hours ago.

After hugging his bike and making sure the thing could start, Christian rejoined the group at the tail end forcing himself to be a part of a brief tour. "Welcome to our home, here your will be safe from outside harm and be taught not only how to control your respective abilities, but also how to defend yourself and ultimately survive. If you would like to follow me, we can go and get something to eat before we meet some of the more important people and tour the area."

River took them to a cafeteria, which was a fairly short walk considering the size of the facility. Alongside one wall stood a table laden with a grand selection of breakfast food. International food. American food. It was a grand buffet if there ever was one. Christian could get used to this. Needing new invitation, Christian grabbed a plate and filled his plate with one of everything (especially anything involving eggs or bacon) and took a seat in the corner of the room at an empty plate. It was time to dine in glory.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Joshua Meier - Syndicate Headquarters, Birmingham, England

Joshua watched as Leon absorbed the bolt of electricity, playing with it within his body, directing it to where he wanted it before firing it back out at Joshua. After firing the bolt back, Leon fell to the ground, panting heavily; it must have taken a lot out of him to keep the electricity in his body for that long Joshua speculated to himself. He felt the bolt coming towards him, the energy radiating from it as it struck his palm. This time it stung, the power surging through his body was much greater than the one he had sent back at Leon, and it seemed as if Leon had somehow internally amplified the amount of electricity. Wanting it out of his body as quick as possible to avoid damage, Joshua flung the bolt out wide as it dissipated against the far wall.

Walking over to Leon, he offered him a hand, "You need to become aware of your own limitations and failings as well as your successes. You won't be able to beat your opponent unless you can recognise your own limits." Training and using his ability was the only way Joshua saw that Leon could get a full grasp on it. Helping him up to his feet, Joshua stepped backwards; returning to his previous position.

"Once more, I want to see how many volleys you can do, then we can go get some breakfast." Joshua had slightly more in mind, but decided to wait till later to show Leon. On the next attempt, Leon managed slightly more volleys with Joshua, before Joshua called it a morning, directing Leon up the staircase into the control room. When the scientists saw Joshua coming up, the quickly scattered from the observation platform and back to their computers. He made his way through the door, taking Leon to one on the opposite side where a small kitchen and dining room resided. He directed Leon to a seat at the table while he opened the pantry and searched for something to eat.

Coming across muesli bars, fruit and a loaf of bread, Joshua spread it all out in front of Leon alongside a wide variety of toast spreads. "Eating healthy will help you get in better shape," he reminded Leon as he picked up a juicy green apple and bit into it with a satisfying crunch as the sweet juice ran down his throat.

"After lunch we will resume training, we have much to get done in such little time," he notified Leon after finishing his apple. This time he picked up a red-skinned apple, and began devouring it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Helena Andersson - Stockholm, Sweden

Atticus seemed relieved when Helena finally accepted the offer. Did they really need her that much? Helena thought, as Atticus shoved down the last of the burgers down his throat.

"Now, we head somewhere safe. There's a plane heading our way and it has our name on it. Somewhere a little less cold than this. Maybe," he said and pulled out from the parking place. Helena's eyes widened.

"A plane? We're going to fly somewhere? What do you mean, out of town?" Stupid Helena, she cursed herself in her mind. Of course a plane would take them out of town. "I mean, away from Sweden?" Would she have to leave Jonas and her parents all behind?

She didn't notice if Atticus would answer or not, before he suddenly wound down his window and stuck out his head. A cracking noise was heard and he pulled his head in again with a bewildered look. "Sh*t!" He stamped his foot on the accelerator, running his red light and manoeuvring around the adjacent traffic.

Helena was confused, but understood immediately that something was wrong. She turned to look through the back window. A shady, large, black SUV had followed them through the red light. Atticus seemed to to everything he could to outrun it. Another whistling sound was heard and the red head shouted: "Helena, quick, get down!"

The first thing Helena could think to do, was turning invisible. So she did, but she still crouched down in the backseat of the car, feeling her heart pound. Someone was firing at them?

"Helena do you..." Atticus strained voice came. "Do you know how to use a gun?"

Helena's invisible eyes blinked. A gun? "I've never seen one before. I've definitely not touched one. Atticus, are they firing at us? With guns? Are they police from the Atlantean Centre? Or are they Atlanteans?"

If she had only practiced that part of her ability that could make other objects invisible enough... then she could have made this whole car invisible and they would have escaped peacefully. Well, peacefully enough. But she couldn't possibly manage that now.

"I could... try, I guess. But I wouldn't even know what button to press, I wouldn't-" She was getting stressed up. She saw her body flicker beneath her and came back into view. Right then, another bullet reached them, but this one pierced and broke the glass in the rear window, graced Helena's left arm and buried itself somehow into the area in front of the front passenger seat. Helena gasped, but didn't scream, grabbing her arm. Blood trickled down and she could feel a little wound there. But she wasn't badly hurt... more scared and pissed off at the same time. They had ripped a hole in her black leather jacket...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Leon Nef-Syndicate Headquarters, Birmingham, England

Leon panted on the ground. It was a good start to learning more about his ability, but it wasn't enough, not just yet. Joshua walked over to him and extended his hand. Leon accepted, and pushed himself up.

"You need to become aware of your own limitations and failings as well as your successes. You won't be able to beat your opponent unless you can recognize your own limits." He said, as he assisted him off the ground. Leon smirked.

"I know my limitations. But that doesn't mean I have to accept them."

As Joshua returned to his original position, he spoke once more.

"Once more, I want to see how many volleys you can do, then we can go get some breakfast."

Ah, breakfast. Leon hadn't realized, but he had not had something to eat in quite a while, and at the mere mention of the words Leon, realized just how hungry he had become. Nevertheless, he resumed the volley training. Leon had gotten a bit of a better grip on his power, and thus, was able to redirect the lightning bolts much fast, and more times. He made sure to be extra careful as the attacks passed through his body as to not suffer any permanent or lingering damage. When the two were done, they headed back up through the control room and into another room where the kitchen was. Leon sat down, and Joshua brought some fruit, and a loaf of bread.

Leon contained a smile at the sight of the food. He reached for the green apple, but Joshua grabbed that one before him. Giving him a look, he looked around for what other fruits were available. Leon hated red apples. He didn't know why, but green apples he loved. But there was another fruit he really loved, absolutely loved. Unfortunately, it wasn't present. Joshua said something else, but Leon wasn't paying attention as he looked for the fruit.

"Not here..." He muttered to himself. Leon sighed, and grabbed the loaf of bread, added some spread, and ate silently. He never liked to talk much when he ate. It was very strange, as many Italians loved to converse during any meal. It was tradition almost. Leon was different. He would eat quietly and quickly, and move on, no time wasted. It was similar in this situation. He ate the bread, a banana, and, with disdain, a red apple, and stood up.

"Well, I'm done. Let's do this." Leon said, not even considering in his mind that Joshua was still probably not done with his own food.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

"It's... Not too hard, gah," they swerved around a corner hard, dodging traffic, missing cars by inches. Though this was really stressful and all, Atticus silently realised he preferred driving like this than on the left side. "The magazine should be on the back seat somewhere. Push it in the handgrip and then," he swerved around another corner as a bullet hit the top mirror, "then pull the top part back and then it's loaded. So don't shoot yourself. It's as easy as the movies! Goddamnit!!" Another bullet hit the side of Atticus' chair, grazing against his arm. 

This was all too odd. These people were not firing random shots, these were all precise and well aimed. Unnaturally well aimed. And by the looks of it, they weren't trying to kill them, but scare them? Stop them? By the looks of things, these guys weren't normal people, they were probably Atlanteans. And if that was the case, they needed a little more than a gun to help them. Atticus mashed a button on the dashboard and the screen lit up, initiating a call. 

"Annie!! There are some people following us and we are in deep doo-doo here. Some assistance would be appreciated, please!"

"Hello, Atticus?" her voice chimed back in English. "What are you-- oh my god! Okay, quickly, what have you found out about them?"

"I think they're Atlantean," Atticus followed her dialect. "They've been shooting real precise but not landing anything serious, just a few grazes. Helena's back here too, she got grazed too but she's okay. I don't think she's strong enough to make the whole car go invisible which sucks, but I really need your help, Annie!"

"What's going on?" Atticus heard another voice, thick with a Russian accent which sounded a lot like Natalia Zay... thingy. The girl who could walk through walls? What was she doing with Annie? 

"Atticus is currently getting chased down. We're close but there's no way we could fly down and pull them up while they're driving like that."

"What are our other options?"

"Rochelle's already left for home, but what about Nikolai?"

The two began arguing in Russian, which sounded cool enough but Atticus was far too busy to listen, swerving around another corner as a bullet hit the seat next to him. God, he felt really useless  right now, the pointlessness of his power really getting to him. If he had gotten wings, he could just have grabbed Helena and flew out. If he had gotten an extra set of arms, he could totally just stop the car and take them all out. Even an extra head sounded more useful than a crappy, hairless, monkey tail did. 

"Are you okay, Helena?" he called back to her in Swedish. "Did you load that gun okay? I'm sorry this is a really bad first impression but I promise that usually, it's all way better than this."​

Annie almost dropped her plate when she heard Atticus' voice. He was the kind of guy to call you when he really, really needed you. So as soon as he pleased for help, Annie shoved the rest of her breakfast to the side and logged in to her satellites, finding Atticus' location and seeing all the misfortune that came with it.

"Hello, Atticus? What are you-- oh my god!" she gasped as she saw his car speeding through Stockholm. So much for subtly. "Okay, quickly, what have you found out about them?"

"I think they're Atlantean," Atticus replied in English as Annie swore under her breath. "They've been shooting real precise but not landing anything serious, just a few grazes. Helena's back here too, she got grazed too but she's okay. I don't think she's strong enough to make the whole car go invisible which sucks, but I really need your help, Annie!" 

Helena? The Swedish recruit! So, at least Atticus hadn't failed but he wouldn't really count it a success if they were all dead. Annie felt an arm on her shoulder, looking up to see Natalia deadly focused on the screen. Ooh, her scary, serious mood.

"What's going on?"

"Atticus is currently getting chased down. We're close but there's no way we could fly down and pull them up while they're driving like that," now that would be a disaster. A private jet flying parallel with the car a few yards off the ground? Talk about a high speed chase.

"What are our other options?"

"Rochelle's already left for home, but what about Nikolai?" she looked over at the Russian boy. It could be his first mission! A dangerous, intense mission requiring high concentration, but a mission at that!

"Nikolai? Annie, are you sure that's wise?" Natalia had switched back to Russian, much to Annie's discomfort. "He has been an Atlantean for, what, a week? Annie, this is too dangerous for him."

"Dangerous? I'll guide him in there, okay? Most cars are run by computers, this should be a piece of cake for him."

"What happens if he gets stuck in there? What happens if he's in there too long? What happens if he runs the car into Atticus? What happens if he dies trying? Annie, we can't do this with so many possibilities, there has to be a better plan!" Natalia looked at Nikolai for a second, then back to Annie. Natalia hated to do things, to plan things, to spontaneously make a decision without it having at least 75% rate of success.

"What about what happened at the border? He did great!"

"We had the time then, now we don't. It takes too long, we need a better plan."

"Why don't you believe he can, why don't we just try?"

"Because, Annie, we--"

"Ladies, enough fighting," Cooper's voice echoed over the plane. "Give the boy a chance, we have no other plans." 

"... Fine," Natalia submitted. 

"Good!" Annie quickly tapped away on the computer, establishing a link between the desktop computer and Atticus' speeding car. "Are you okay with this, Nikolai? Cars don't even have firewalls! It's like TRON, right?"​

Last edited:
Back