• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Introducing...

scarletlogoln4.png

~Introduction~

It'd be a bit weird if you went through this whole thread without the tiniest idea of who I am, so let me introduce myself! My name is Houndoomed, and I am the creator of Pokémon Scarlet Version. I'm not alone though, I have many brilliant people who help me make Pokémon Scarlet Version what it truly is. I started work way back in February 2007 when we were still unheard of. We've come a long way since then, and now we are very well known.

Pokémon Scarlet Version is a new fangame based on Nintendo's extremely popular franchise, Pokémon. It includes 149 new Pokémon custom created by our team, a whole new region to explore, a new and mysteriously interesting storyline, new characters and much much more!

I will be retiring from game making very soon, but Pokémon Scarlet Version will still go on, as I won't just let months of hard work go to water. The game will be handed over to Lorem Ipsum, who will be continuing from where I left, and I hope (I know!) he will do an excellent job. So that's mostly it, nothing else to say except for...

I hope you enjoy the game!

Game Maker: RPG Maker XP
Started in: February 2007

~Storyline~

Pokémon Scarlet takes place 20 years before the events of Pokémon R/B/Y (even though new Pokémon feature in Koyoto, they do not appear in any other region). You play as a young Lance, who grows up to be one of the world's most famous Pokémon Masters, and one of the Kanto Elite Four. Lance's cousin, Clair, is also a character in this game. Clair grows up to be the Gym Leader of Blackthorn City Gym. Both Lance and Clair move to Blackthorn City when they are older. Pokémon Scarlet expands the history of these two characters in an exciting and new, not used before in a Pokémon game, way.

So without further ado, I present the story of Scarlet.

----

Your name is Lance*. You live in the town of Hazelbranch in the region of Koyoto, along with your younger cousin, Clair. You have been living here for a long time, and things have always been more and less peaceful... until now.

Today marks the day of your 13th birthday, and to celebrate, you are getting your very first Pokémon. You head downstairs, where your Mom is waiting for you. She wishes you a happy birthday, and allows you to go and get your Pokémon from Prof. Maple. Once you arrive at Prof. Maple's Lab, you realize you're not the only one getting their first Pokémon today. Your cousin, Clair, is too. She then offers Clair to take one of the three Pokéballs on the table. She declines the offer, and says that you should choose first, seeing as it is your birthday. After choosing one of the Pokémon on the table, Clair takes the Pokémon with the opposite type as yours. Prof. Maple then gives you a Pokédex each, and you both leave the Lab, after thanking her for the gifts.

You then go to your Mom to show her your new Pokémon. She tells you that she is proud of you, and warns you to be careful on your journey. After leaving your house, you notice several men surrounding who appears to be Prof. Maple. You recognize one of the men instantly - Giovanni! A neighbor and one of your close friends. You go over to take a closer look. It seems Prof. Maple knows some very important information about something - but what? Giovanni says he is kidnapping Prof. Maple and is bringing her to Team Rocket HQ.
He then turns to you and tells you not to try to find them, because you never will.
He then takes off with Prof. Maple and the other mysterious men, laughing mischievously while he makes his escape.

It turns out Clair had saw and heard what happened also, and she asks you inside her house to discuss what just happened. She is in disbelief that Giovanni kidnapped Prof. Maple, and demands that the pair of you should search all of Koyoto in hope of finding her, and bringing her back to safety. All you know is that they went to a place called Team Rocket HQ, and that you must try to find it. She says that you can still be a Pokémon Trainer at the same time. She believes that if you train your Pokémon by defeating all of the Gym Leaders in Koyoto, you would be strong enough to defeat Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket the next time you encountered each other.
But the most important question was WHY Team Rocket wanted Prof. Maple. What did she know that they didn't? You won't know until you infiltrate Team Rocket's Headquarters and find her.

After you have made up your mind to go on search for Prof. Maple, you must also tell your Mom about the huge decision you have made. At your house, you tell her everything that happened. She was shocked to hear about Prof. Maple, but wasn't surprised to hear Giovanni was a Team Rocket Admin, as she always knew there was something strange about him. After taking several moments to think about it, your Mom finally allows you to go and find Prof. Maple. She gives you a pair of Running Shoes as a birthday gift, as she forget to give them to you earlier. She tells you to be careful, and wishes you luck.

And with that, you and Clair begin your quest for rescuing Prof. Maple, and along the way become some of the strongest Pokémon trainers the world has ever known...

* Note that you can choose any name for yourself. Lance is the default name.

~Region Map~

koyotonewjg8.png

The Koyoto Region

This region is located South of Sinnoh. It's a fairly large and sunny region, although some parts are completely covered in snow. A large attraction of the region are the Tri-Islands - three small identical islands, forming a triangle. Many mysteries and strange things are occuring in the region. There is also an ancient tale of a legendary city that had been lost for centuries - under the sea. Is this legend true? Or simply just myth...

~Features~

:pokeball: New TMs/HMs
:pokeball: New items and berries
:pokeball: 8 New Gyms and Gym Leaders
:pokeball: 14 9 new Pokémon
:pokeball: Pokémon from other regions
:pokeball: New region - Koyoto
:pokeball: New characters
:pokeball: New type: Light

~Screenshots~

scarletscreenja0.png
capture000tt0.png
capture008hf3.png
capture009yz1.png
capture010hh6.png
capture001yd8.png
capture003rt9.png
capture004bx3.png
capture002gs1.png

Most Recent:
Spoiler:

~Main Characters~

lancexe2.png

Lance
Lance is a headstrong young boy who has an odd affiliation with Pokémon. His favorite type is dragon type, though he has never seen one. It is his dream to become the greatest Pokémon Trainer. He is the male protagonist of the game.

clairbackpack.png

Clair
Although younger than Lance, Clair must still watch over him. She is very mature for her age and loves Pokémon. She wants to become a Gym Leader when she grows up. She is Lance's cousin and the female protagonist of the game.

maplend5.png

Prof. Maple
A capable Pokémon Professor, Prof. Maple can show her competance in battle as well. She is an aging woman and has been a Pokémon Professor for most of her lifetime. She was kidnapped as part of Giovanni's evil plot.

~Pokédex~

Spoiler:

~Pokémon Scarlet Team~

Designers

Houndoomed - [Main Designer/Mapper/Programmer] RETIRED
Asuran - [Co-Designer/Mapper]
Sprite Killer - [Co-Designer/Spriter]
Lorem Ipsum - [Main Designer/Lead Music Composer]

Team

eebit - [Concept Designer/Ideas]
Concore - [Pokémon Designer/Concept Artist]
xxTragicNightmare - [Pokémon Designer/Concept Artist]
Shadow Spinda - [Pokémon Designer/Concept Artist]
Fire pokemon supporter - [Pokémon Designer/Concept Artist]
Scarlet Letter - [Movesets Creator]
Atomic_Reactor - [D/P/P Overworld Maker]

~Support Us!~

Help make Pokémon Scarlet the biggest game out there!

Userbar by Houndoomed

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91008&"][IMG]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5204/userbarre0.png[/IMG][/url]

Userbar by Houndoomed

HTML:
[url="http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91008&"][IMG]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5015/userbar2tz1.png[/IMG][/url]

~Credits~

Vampire://Krimm for letting me use a similar CSS layout to his thread
Count Splatula for some Pokémon Designs
Fangking Omega for the Tileset
Vavavoom for some Maps
Poccil for the unbelievably helpful Pokémon Essentials

~Downloads~

Pokémon Scarlet Demo v1.0
Released: 22/07/08

Thanks to everyone for their endless support. We'd be nowhere without you. I hope you enjoy the game!

Last edited:

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
Very Good storyline but otherwise your maps are really plain. I suggest you try and adding more things to make it decorative.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks guys, but it's not a hack Memphis ^_^'

Right now, we're trying to get overworld sprites for the young Lance and Giovanni.

Last edited:

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
^Shut up

Great work. DoA, if I could I would help you but I can't

Waudby

Flausch thats a good way to get banned, and did u really sign up to say that?

The game looks good, has alot of potential, i think you need to make the routes look alot more natural, as they look like places with only trees on the outside and grass in the middle, add some little areas to it, vary it a little bit more, study the official ones and see what i mean.

Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Oh yah guys, I made:

Untitled City
Mountview Town
Metrostone City

I didn't make the others.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2009
Flausch thats a good way to get banned, and did u really sign up to say that?

The game looks good, has alot of potential, i think you need to make the routes look alot more natural, as they look like places with only trees on the outside and grass in the middle, add some little areas to it, vary it a little bit more, study the official ones and see what i mean.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that. And you're right about the maps. I haven't made them, but I put them in RMXP, so I can make them better looking :).

Oh, and ty nova.

I'm going to try hard to make a new menu and pokedex pages, I'm new at RMXP so I think I'll begin with something easy to start off.

(I'm sorry I'm not logged in as Dead or Alive, one day I found it impossible to log in so I had to create this account. A while later I could log in again, so I didn't need this account. I just logged in to try this account again and then forgot to log out :laugh:. So I'm sorry)

Waudby

Go to vgmaps and search through the official maps, take ieas from theirs. and also throw in some new ideas, maybe some new graphics would be good?

Waudby

search on spritersresource they have a few d/p rips on there. not too many as it's hard to get graphics from that game.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
...it would be nice to see some credit for my designs...

I still think it is awesome that this project is still alive and all ^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Sorry Splat, I thought I had all of the designs in the Team part, but I was wrong ^^'

I'll edit it now, adding the other people I forgot lol.

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
game looks awesome dude so far :) i hope i can help if you need it

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Sorry I had no updates so far, I'm still learning how to script better.

So I've got just a little update for you. They are the confirmed town and city names.

Tigerlily Town
Crossville Town
Mountview Town
Metrostone City
Seacrest City
Redrose Town
Whiterose Town
Tazmic Island
Atlantia City

EDIT: And now we've got fire starters :)

004) Lizire - Fire
005) Combustaur - Fire
006) Dinoruption - Fire/Steel

And thanks all for the comments :D

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, and another update. Here is the Bawl sprite I made. Credits to Count Splatula for the pokemon design.

4uj1cp5.png

Last edited:

Stormyday

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2007
Hiya

This is my first post but I can help you with some things. I can give names to your new pokemon, help you with the script and things like that.

Name: Stormyday
Skill: Names, Stories

Be glad to help!:laugh:

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Been a while since I posted. Anyway, we're getting pokemon done at a faster rate now and I have 2 surprises for you.

shadowfn7.png

Hmm.. what could it be?! This pokemon was made by Rubypoke.

starfishva1.png

A starfish I made, originally psychic until someone reminded me about Starmie being psychic too >.<

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5852/misttreeforestsc7.png

And the second part of a forest, made by Asuran.

REALLY in need for some help with scripting and BATTLE SYSTEM right now..

Stormyday

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2007
HMMM, I suggest that first one maybe be a pre-vo of Spoink?

The Starfish is really cool. You could make it water/poison. And maybe you could call it Toxastar.

And maybe the little piggy could be Spig?

Anyone you did a great job with those sprites.

Stormyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back