• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
oh, i caught most of these, i have been playing this game almost as long as the game has been out in america. I think 1 or 2 were from other people, the ones i got from some friends around where i live i didn't list.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well I'll run through them and accumulate the amount of time it would of took to get them.

Chimchar Level 1: Breeding about a month or so of constant breeding.
Drifloon: Level 22: SRing every Friday until it's shiny, only a few people in the club have done that so far, not an easy feat.
Prinplup Level 23: Breeding or SRing at the begining of the game then not evolving it, either way a long time to do it.
Luxio Level 23:Chaining or random encounter, still takes a while
Skorupi Level 26: Random encounter in the Safari Game or breeding, both relatively hard.
Electivire Level 30: Random encounter/chaining again.
Magmortar Level 32: Same as above.
Weavile Level 35: Same as above.
Bronzong Level 38: Same as above.
Darkrai Level 40: Defiantly hacked.
Dialga Level 47: Soft reseting for quite a long time.
Cresselia Level 50: Same as Dialga.
Shaymin Level 50: Defiantly hacked.
Lucario Level 58: Would only be able to get after a long time of hatching eggs.
Heatran Level 70: More Soft reseting
Regigigas Level 70: More Soft reseting
Cresselia Level 100:MORE soft reseting
Togekiss Level 100: Chaining on Route 230
Mismagius Level 100: Eternia forest on PEARL only
Ampharos Level 100: More chaining
Rampardos Level 37: Soft reseting after getting it revived.
Roserade Level 41: Chaining/Random Encounter.
Infernape Level 42: Soft reseting/Breeding.
Empoleon Level 43: Same as above.
Torterra Level 44: Same as above.
Dialga Level 48: More soft reseting.
Garchomp Level 100: Random encounter in wayward cave.
Metagross Level 100: Soft reseting in R/S/E then transferring it over.
Sceptile Level 100: Same as above.

So, you claim to have gotten all of these legitimately on one game from what you say. Well, you managed to get each of the starters shiny, and two of them shiny twice, quite a feat in itself, so I'll ask where you stored them while soft reseting for a new one each time.

Next the string of Level 100 shinys, these things are floating around the GTS all the time, so unless you can give us solid proof you go them, I'm assuming they are hacked.

Regarding the rest, the amount of time it would take to get them all, I don't think you could have done it in the 4/5 months DP has been out, I think forum trading and the GTS played a big part in it.

So this will be the last chance you have to come clean and tell us what you really captured yourself, otherwise I will refuse you entry to the club.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
none of thes are hacked, if i have more then one of the same shiny pokemon then they were traded. I do have non legit pokemon, but i do not list hacked pokemon. I like to get my pokemon from the game, not the gameshark. All the non legendaries were hatched.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
The amount of time it would take to hatch all of those would be near impossible. You say you have some traded, we also don't count those. Also having Darkrai and Shaymin also leads me to believe that you aren't a stranger to the GTS, I just don't believe you.

Until you can convince me otherwise, I'm not admitting you to the club, I'm sorry.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
ok, i will tell the truth, these are the ones that are mine:
dialga caught
lucario hatched
hetran caught
ampharos pokeradar
rampardos hatched
roserade pokeradar
infernape givin by peoffesser rowan
empoleon hatched
turtwig hatched
garchomp hatched
metagross got from steven
sceptile proffesser birtch

The others are from other people from different forums and friends in towns.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wow D_S, I love that new Giratina. It's very lovely and congrats. ^_^ Uhh too bad I haven't had any luck but meh, you did thousands of soft resets for it. I lost count on Ho-oh (I've been soft resetting since last fall... Not in a truly dedicated manner but I've been trying a lot) and I've been spending some time now looking for shiny Hoppip in FR since they always appear in Island five. Eee pink. :D

And BM2000, I honestly think you're just here for that card... :x This club isn't about listing how many shinies you got either by yourself or trades. It's about hunting for shinies just for the sheer joy of it and the pokemon are only a sweet reward on top of that pie... And it should not take 7 posts to tell the truth. :S

Ah yes, I shall jump in my bed with my SP now. 8D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wheelz4speed. Take a look in the chaining guide in the D/P section. Loads of tips for chaining in there.

I stopped SRing for Heatran. I am going go wait till i get an elastic band for easier SRing. Will cary on with it tomorrow. About to start chaining Phanpy.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
um culd someone answer me?

Like razer302 said, just look at the different guides for different methods! I've tried many, but the one that has given me the best results was Shuko's guide! Good luck!

No luck for me yet. As I was chaining Beldum (those things are hard to chain in that freaking Sandstorm!!), I reached 21, and once again, lacking the concentration that I need, I talked to someone that was with me in the room, and accidently walked into the grass behind me (broken by Hippowdon)... Seriously, its hard to chain while doing too many things at once... Oh well, I might go for (F) Buneary again tonight after I finish a drawing that I'm doing. Good luck to all!!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Well for a change of pace I am currently chaining a secret target instead of SRing for the moment. Have only made it to a 19 chain of my target, need to concentrate more on it. Hope I can get it before I get bored/frustrated. My targets list is something like this for now:

Diamond: secret chaining
Pearl 2: Cranidos (traded in spare fossil from Diamond)
LG1: Mewtwo
Sapphire: Treecko
FR: fishing, possibly poliwag/whirl
LG2: Slugma or ditto
Emerald: Kyogre
Ruby: Kecleon
FR2: Squirtle

Lol yeah well hope everyone has some luck soon!

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
Hey everyone!!! how are your shiny hunting doing?? im probably gona stay away from shinies for some time but i will get back to it later after i finish creating my team

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
guess who back with a new computer and keyboard......?
mmmmmmeeeeeeee....
and to get back onto the topic of shinies im hatching for a LEGIT SHINY SYTHER i already had 1 but ill admit i stole it from the battle frontier on my emerald so far 2 box full of syther and im getting bored...gd luk evrybody ok.

p.s. ive also caught a shiny duskull (yay) soon to be dusknoir

p.p.s. school soon }:0(boooo)which means not much shiny hunting}:(aawwwww)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well everyone, say hello to shiny #23...I think.

Shiny Lickitung.

I got it around 30 minutes ago, actually, on a chain of 40. I only got one () because my chain broke while I was resetting for more. I would've gotten more, but after I as the IVs on this thing, I decided that I didn't need anymore.

Brave (Thank you, fainted Abra)
HP: 20-22
Atk: 31
Def: 13-14
SAtk: 16-17
SDef: 2
Speed: 11

I already know what EVs and moveset to give it, too. I'm not quite sure what my next PokeRadar target will be...

Sorry, I don't have any pics right now. My phone is dead. However, I'm willing to wait (it is at level 35 because I used a Rare Candy to get more exact IVs) if you guys want a pic of a shiny Lickintung.

Edit: This was not my secret target. It just so happened that Lickitung was swarming today, and I wanted a shiny one. I will try to get my secret target before returning to soft resetting.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
Congrats on the Lickitung, Fufu. ^_^ It's fine about the pictures... We like to drool over your luck and get motivated by the pics, not to see if you're telling the truth because we know you are. 8D
Swarm is Zigzagoon and that's too boring for me. So I'm still stuck on the old routine... I hope everyone else has some better luck today. ;D
I just found a random shiny Ditto in my Gold... I don't know how it got there. The game must be old and dust all in it or something. Uhh I was thinking of breeding to get shinies with it but they're not worth anything in 2nd gen.. T_T

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
ok im on my 27th chain im very excited any way maybe later today or tmoro ill tell u how it goes

oh and its a bagon
(yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy)

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
~Fufu3000~: Congratulations on the Lickitung!!

TwilightBlade: Congratulations on the Ditto (would be great if Ditto's Transform retained the Shininess of said target's Shiny).

Might as well not even bother (chains broken due to many people today at my house) to talk about my recent duds. And I haven't even checked my Swarms today... I'm gonna start again right now for something good. Good luck to all!!

Years
Well guys, I'm now engaged on an endless hunt for shiny Absol. After forever, I finally got a swarm of them in my game, and I got it so that the swarm will go on forever. I did this by saving my game on my Phat with the Absol swarm in effect, then switched back to my new Lite to work on the chain. Provided that I don't save my game, it will continue to think I've just changed systems and not cycle the swarms as usual.

Previously, I described this sort of thing as "shifty, but acceptable", but after all this time, I've earned an Absol. :P And it's not like it's suddenly super easy. I'm also quite starved for spare time with my crappy job and all.

I'll let Yami take care of all these crazy dudes claiming to have wads of shinies with no explanations for them, because he actually has a clue what's going on. :P

Aside from Absol, I'm starting on box #17 of Chikorita. Since I moved to Emerald, I haven't seen one with flawless Speed yet. And HP won't crop up randomly either. I've switched out my triple flawless WO male breeder for a QI with flawless HP in the hopes of hatching a flawless HP Bold female and switching back to my main male breeder. If I could get a triple flawless WO female with two of those flawlesses being HP and Speed, I'd quit it with these boxes and just release the Chikos from my party.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MetalMario, I don't know if you knew this already, but it is statistically harder to pass down Defense and HP when it comes to breeding. I don't know the exact mechanics of it, but I read it in a Breeding Guide by X-Act and Petekro (or however you spell the latter's name). Good luck with Chikorita and Absol.

TwilightBlade

Years
rapid whalelord:
Wow, hope you got a shiny Bagon by now. ;D If not well I'm sorry. I must be spreading my bad luck around here. D:

Shadow Chaos:
Thanks but I just found it in a box in my Gold (I think a shiny with a story along is better ^^). But yeah, I wish that they could still turn shiny when transforming. That would make me want to get one in the 3rd/4th gen. :D My swarm was Skitty which is nice and I was doing kinda good until I broke it early like 15... Too busy working on homework today too. I hope you have some better luck with swarming. ^^

MetalMario:
Shiny Absol rock and good luck with it. I suggest bring a Rock Climber and going up on that cliff to the right of that route since it's more squarish and was easier to me to chain there... Good luck with Chikorita too since shiny breeding is hard. Well Fufu, I had no problem passing down HP/Def to my Skarmory so um... Yeah... Everybody shiny hunt on Thursday the 13th.

Back