• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Rama spun himself in midair and fired another Dark Pulse, sending him falling back toward the beach. He flipped and landed on his feet. He wasn't worried about whether that Dark Pulse would hit or not. He had a plan in his head and smirked at his trainer. Skye smiled placidly and stood back. It was best to let him do what he wanted.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Bean skid to a stop and was slammed backward by the Dark Pulse. Slowly, he returned to his feet. "Leech Seed!" Alice commanded. Bean closed his eyes and then opened them again. A large white beam shot up from his bulb, and a seed that flew at incredible speed made its way toward Rama, hopefully able to clutch onto the dark fox.

((OOC: Sorry, I gotta go D: I guess we'll continue this later.))

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
(OOC Is okay I'm going to have to leave soon too.)

Rama twisted out of the way yet a few of the roots still managed to wrap around his back paw. He let out a whine. "Eww!" Ellie giggled. Rama hated that stuff in his fur. Growling the Pokemon began to charge at Bean again. "Get this thing offa me!" He was using Pursuit, refusing to let Bean get away, even if he got the seed off.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Go! Take that!" Brian yelled, unsure who to cheer for. Both sides were giving it their best. Brian was wondering when the others would show up. Snivy didn't even care about the battle. She was watching Drizzle out there frolicing in the waves. Brian turned to her.
"If you want to go play, then go play!" Brian said. Duster crept up behind Jem and Ellie. With a yell, she jumped on both of them. Drizzle laughed at her craziness.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie smiled at Mark. She was doing her best not to let nervousness dictate her actions.

"Hey Mark!"

Valorie didn't suspect anything of the two. She wouldn't think Selene would actually tell Mark of all people. It just didn't occur to her that she might be trying to help him. Of course, this didn't stop her from wanting to help out. she glanced at Dratini, wondering if the pokemon could spare the telekinetic strength to help the two out.

...After a moment, she decided against it. She figured that perhaps the multi-tasking would be problematic, yet vowed to figure out for herself later.

"That's alright! I need to put on sun screen and stuff anyway. A battle on the beach was what I was thinking too."

She turned away.

"I'm going to go get ready, alright? Meet you back here."

Without further ado, Valorie jogged off to her dorm. It really wouldn't take her fifteen to get ready, but she would use the remaining time to calm down a bit.

-----------------------------
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype frowned at Ri when he was laughing at Snype. But he shrugged it off an laughed showing his uncaring personality. So he liked swimming big deal. Maybe it was the floaties...

"Well obviously we're gonna battle at the beach. Hahaha. It'll give my Pokemon a nice advantage. Hint hint." Mark said, winking at Valorie hoping she could guess what kind of Pokemon he would use. Selene then wanted Mark to go with him to pick up a couple sun loungers. Mark didn't exactly want to ditch Valorie so soon, even though he would meet up with her pretty quickly afterwards. If only he could be in two places at once...

"Hey, Snype, Why don't you go down to the beach with Valorie? I don't think you've gotten to know her, or her pokemon much. I know how much ya wanna swim at the beach to." Mark said to him. Snype smiled and jumped off of Mark's shoulder, standing beside Valorie. "Hehe, Don't worry. Snype is a really friendly Pokemon. I won't be using him for the battle so don't go off thinking he's gonna spy on your pokemon or anything. Hahaha" Mark joked.

"I'll see ya at the beach in about 15 minutes. Guess I'll go help Selene over here. Looking forward to the battle!" Mark said, smiling at Valorie. He started to follow Selene to her Dorm.

Snype looked up at Dratini and waved.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Sel clapped her hands together and beamed at Valorie and Mark. Valorie didn't seem suspicious which was good...Sel didn't want her to think that she was up to anything bad or that she had her own designs on Mark - that wouldn't help her cause at all. As Valorie left to go and collect her things together, Sel waved to her and then turned to Mark, her face deadpan.

"Do I have information for you," she said shortly, turning on her heel quickly and striding towards Entei dorm, not even turning to see if Mark has followed her or not. "I learned nothing about Pokemon Mythology in that lesson but BOY did I learn some stuff about Valorie!" she felt Ri leap onto her arm and clamber up to her shoulder and patted his head, not realising she had left him behind. She was obviously so wrapped up in her planning!! She buzzed herself into the dorm and ran up the stairs to her room, whipping out her key card and letting herself in, assuming that Mark was close enough to get inside before the door closed behind her.

"She is into you, THAT much is obvious...she's not exactly open and gushing about her feelings, but that's to be expected because we don't know each other TOO well, but I get the feeling she does trust me to an extent which is nice to know. Just reach behind the wardrobe there and there'll be a couple of sunloungers," she directed Mark, kneeling in front of her bed and reaching under, finding one folded up sunlounger and her large pink beach bag. In it, she stuffed a deflated Jigglypuff beach ball, a Raichu beach towel and Solrock tanning gel. Selene didn't believe in sunblock...call her vain, but she preferred tan to safety. "Ummm...right, there's my book...it's a novel about explorers caught in the Burnt Tower in Ecruteak and their encounters with the legendary dogs, it's really good, I'll lend it you sometime." she said absent mindedly to Mark as she routed in her drawer, pulling out her shocking pink bikini and sarong and waltzing past Mark into her en-suite bathroom and changing. She emerged tying the sarong around her hips and stuffed her feet into yellow flip-flops. "But yeah...Valorie...let's walk and talk, I want to get me some sun!"

Dawn

Years
Valorie glanced back, giving Mark a confused look. Had he blatantly given her a hint that would /help her win/ and then shown that he hadn't minded?! Valorie was confused, to say the least. She didn't exactly understand styles other than her own with ease. Never-the-less, she briefly waved at them both before turning her attention back to where she was going.

She was of course wearing her bathing suit under her clothes, but changing in the halls was unnecessary awkwardness that she would rather avoid if given the chance. As she headed back to her dorm, she let out a relieved sigh, glad to have her thoughts to herself where her actions or expressions could possibly betray them. Hopefully by the time she went back to meet them she would have collected herself to avoid embarrassing herself further in public. Dratini simply hung on for the ride. You might think carrying a pokemon hanging off your abdomen would be hard, but Dratini was still defying gravity with her telekinetic powers, and so it came easily to Valorie.

Charmander ♀ Lv. 14
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15

Megaman765

Years
Mark followed Selene in her dorm room and did whatever he could to help her out. He was shocked to know that Valorie was into him... sheesh that would make him alot more nervous. Mark hoped he could keep things this way. Maybe it would be alot easier to really get to know Valorie if they both felt the same way about eachother... Mark checked behind the wardrobe and picked up a sun lounger to carry over to the beach.

As Mark waited for Selene to change, he sat down on her bed. It felt so... comfy compared to his bed at the Raikou dorm. The quality of the room just seemed Alot better in general. If it was this nice, he wondered how the Suicune dorms were like. Mark glanced over to Selene when she came out wearing her bathing suit and followed her outside, carrying the sun lounger.

"So shes into me huh? Well... I don't really know what to do. Like... how should I start? I dunno if I should confess to her right away..." Mark said, following beside Selene.

SelenaStar

Years
"Don't be a typical adolescent boy, Mark," Selene scolded, flicking her hair back and clearly enjoying the attention she was receiving in her bathing suit. Not that she would ever admit it but she was somewhat of an attention-addict at heart, she loved being the centre of attention whether it was for wearing a bathing suit in school or her prowess on the battle field...maybe both at some point, who knew. "Of course you don't confess right off! Do you WANT to send her running like a scared Abra? No. Get to know her...give her enough attention sure, but don't be clingy...that'd be horrendous for Valorie to have to endure and horrendous for me to witness...I think you've done well setting up a battle for you two. Good way for you to get to know each other...then you can talk afterwards about battling...that'll naturally lead into other areas...it's simple really." she said nonchalantly in a light tone, shrugging her shoulders and popping her oversized sunglasses on.

"Hey baby, you coming my way??" shouted an uncouth boy, and Selene stopped walking, turning to him and sending him a strong, rude finger gesture. "HA, IN YOUR DREAMS. BACK OFF BOZO." she yelled loudly, unfortunately gaining the attention of a warden, who glanced over at her and then looked back, eyes wide. "Excuse me Miss...that is not appropriate attire for school." he said, crossing his arms and walking over. Selene smiled and shook her head, gesturing to the sunlounger she was carrying. "Nuh-uh Sir, we're heading to the beach. We just needed to pick some things up first...we're waiting for a friend and then we'll be on our way!" the warden seemed pacified and walked off, shooting a last uncertain look at Sel. She was oblivious, however, and turned back to Mark excitedly. "SO! How into Valorie are you? Crush or the Real Deal? Do I have to write my Best Woman speech yet??" she nudged him with her elbow and laughed loudly.

Meanwhile Ri was tottering along behind them, a sunlounger about 5 times his size wobbling over his head. He reached them and dropped the sunlounger, panting, shooting Selene an angry look.

Megaman765

Years
Snype wandered off, forgetting he was going to follow Valorie. He noticed the beach in the distance and immediately ran toward it. There was a fairly large group of his friends there. Alice, Bri, Skye, and several other Pokemon! Snype ran over to Bri's pokemon since he was the only one that wasn't busy. Alice and Skye were battling anyways.

Snype decided to sit near Snivy. "Hi again!" Snype said to her. He was ready to head into the water pretty soon. Knowing Snivy she'd probobly laugh at his whole Scuba mask thing he had going on. Snype noticed a Buizel swimming around the ocean. "So... whos the new guy?" He asked.

----------------

Mark listened to Selenes advice. Don't confess right away.. get to know her a little. After the battle he would really have to find out about hanging out with Valorie a little bit more. A warden bugged Selene about wearing her bathing suit in school but they were eventually left alone. Selene then asked Mark what he thought about Valorie.

Mark blushed. "w...well... I guess crush right now...heh..." He said nervously. "I gotta get to know her a bit better first ya know?" Mark looked around for Valorie hoping she would come back on time. Mark and Selene were pretty early their selves so it wasn't a problem to him.

"Um... what do you mean by other areas?" He said stupidly. He really didn't know anything about this girl stuff. Sheesh it was like he was taking a whole other class.

Years
Everyone was heading to the beach of course so Jack headed back to his Dorm to get the essentials for a beach day out. Jack ran up the stair to his dormroom swiping his key card in an instance rushing into the room. Jack took up a one strap bag and filled it with a towel, a bottle of sun tan lotion couple of bags of pokemon food and a handfull of pokeballs. Jack also changed his clothes, the sun was a bit hot so he went for simple cargo shorts over his swim trunks, a plain white t-shirt and slippers. As he started walking towards the beach he spotted Selena getting reprimanded and couldn't help but laugh as he continued on to the beach. Everyone was there , well mostly everyone jack saw Mark and Selena deep in conversation so he decided to leave them alone for now and just sat in the sand looking into the ocean.

SelenaStar

Years
Eyebrow raised? Check. Mouth slightly agape in shock? Check. Confusion that anyone could be so clueless? Check. "Seriously?" - that one question summed up Selene's disbelief. "You really need me to coach you through this step by step?" she sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, looking down. "Okay. I'll warn you though...not too good at this stuff myself...you just need to be yourself, basically, but maybe more clued up," she shot a sharp look at him and started walking down to the beach - having sent Ri over to Suicune dorm with a message that they would meet Valorie at the beach - "look at it this way. She likes YOU. Not Bri, not Jack, not Nathan, YOU. So you're obviously doing something right in her eyes...carry on as you are but just...more. Be a bit more attentive to what she says, ask more questions, just generally show her that you want to know all about her...doesn't get more romantic than that." she shrugged and grinned slightly, looking forward and gasping.

Grabbing Mark's arm she jumped up and down a little. "Look, Mark, the ocean!! Oh wow...it's so gorgeous..." coming from the Sevii Islands, the water was Selene's second greatest love, after her family and pokemon of course. "Can't you just smell it in the air...HA!" she yelped in excitement and set off running, not caring how uncool she looked. "LAST ONE THERE IS A STINKY KOFFING!" she dropped the sunlounger on the sand and carried on running down to the sea, only slowing when she felt the cool water splash around her ankles. She looked down into the crystal clear water and wriggled her toes, smiling deeply. She looked out over the ocean and took a deep breath - this felt like home. Turning to see where mark had gotten to, she noticed Jack sat on the sand not too far away from her and Alice and Skye having a battle, with Brian apparently unsure which side to cheer for. She made her way over to Jack and lay out her Raichu beach towel, flopping down beside him and pushing her sunglasses up onto her head. "Hey!" she said brightly, hoping that Mark would bring the other sunloungers soon. "GREAT lesson, huh?" she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Megaman765

Years
Mark listened to everything Selene had to tell him. "Alright then. Just be myself. Seems easy enough!" Mark said, smiling. Mark noticed in front of them was the beach that was mentioned. It looked amazing, Even Selene was jumping up and down in joy grabbing his arm. She ran all the way out to the water, likely stopping because of how cold it was. She quickly came back and layed her towel on the sand next to Jack. Mark decided to join them. He didn't want to pull out the huge watermelon he had packed in his bag just yet. He wanted to wait for the battle to finish. It would be a good snack to have after the workout.

Mark took off his blue T shirt and stuffed it in his bag. He also placed his black sandals onto the sand right beside him. He put down the sun loungers down and sat on to relax in one of them. Snype seemed to be busy with Bri's Pokemon so he let him be. "Sheesh I don't remember the last time I came to a beach like this." Mark said. Every so often he looked around to see if Valorie was coming. He really wanted to talk with her now.

Nideous

Years
Snivy looked at Snype. She surpressed a laugh.
"Looks good on you. That's Drizzle over there," she said. She lay back in the sun. Snype looked ready to swim. Snivy vaguely thought that maybe if she had some floaties like that, maybe. Of course, she'd get them in green. Then someone's heavy footsteps sent sand flying all over her. This was not her day. She rubbed the sand out of her eyes, and saw that girl who didn't know how to stop talking. She had run down to the water, then stopped and turned back. How strange.

Brian turned around and spotted Jack and Mark and Selene. he grinned and walked over to them.
"Hi guys! How's it... uh...um..." Brian said, tripping over his words when he saw what Selene was wearing. Drizzle laughed at him.
"Ha, you're as awkward as a baby Seel!" Drizzle shouted at him.
"Shut up, Drizzle! So... Hi!" Brian said, he knew he was blushing and excused himself. He ran and jumped into the water. He picked Drizzle up and the two of them started wrestling in the shallows, trying to force each other under the water.

SelenaStar

Years
Watching Mark keep turning round looking for Valorie was beyond cute, Sel thought as she glanced at him with a small smile on her face. She wondered where the blonde trainer was now..? Ri wasn't here, so he obviously hadn't had chance to deliver the message yet...for Mark's sake she hoped that Valorie emerged sooner rather than later!!!! "I know right...it's stunning," she grinned and looked out at the sea, watching the sun sparkle off the water. "Snype looks like he's...ready for some serious swimming!" she giggled, looking at Snype all serious in his scuba mask and floaties. What a juxtaposition, "umm...shouldn't someone tell him that the mask is only really useful if he's planning on going underwater...which he can't in floaties..?"

Raising her eyebrow, Sel tutted and shook her head in amusement as Bri ran over to them, took one look at her, blushed and went off to fool around with a new Buizel in the ocean. "I love your Buizel, Bri!!" she shouted after him, not wanting to pick him up on his embarrassment. Sure, she liked teasing people...but not in front of everyone. "Bless him," she laughed as she watched them play in the water, "He's about as awkward as you around Valorie, Mark...and that's saying something!"

Megaman765

Years
Snype chuckled a bit. ["Drizzle huh? Looks like quite a cocky pokemon if you ask me."] Snype said. Snivy looked so relaxed in the sand. ["I take your not much of the swimming type huh? Nothing wrong with relaxing in the sun. Personally I don't really like bright places but its relaxing either way."] Snype wiped off the sand that was thrown on them when Selene and Mark arrived. After spitting out some sand, he hopped up on his feet. He noticed his tiny foot prints on the sand.

["I think I'll go introduce myself to Drizzle over there. Have fun Snivy!"] Snype said as he ran off into the water. He shivered as the water went up to his toes but continued running on into the water. He waved over to where Drizzle was wrestling with Bri. ["Hey!"] Snype called out, waving at Drizzle. The water went up to Snype's waist.

-----

Mark laughed at Selene's comment. "Yeah, but it's mostly so he can look underwater though. He dosn't really like swimming down there. He's not very confident in his swimming skill. He then noticed Bri walk over, immediately blushing. He was looking at Selene, possibly reacting to what she was wearing. He quickly ran back to the water playing with a buizel that he seemed to have caught earlier. Sheesh, Mark really needed to find a pokemon of his own.. maybe a fire Pokemon or something in the field...

"Haha, Hey your right about that, But I can't say I blame him either." He joked, responding to Selene's comment on how nervous Bri was.

Nideous

Years
Drizzle shoved Brian underwater, and kicked him away. As Bri surfaced not to far from them, Drizzle turned to Snype with the intention of hurling him further into the water. After seeing how he was dressed, Drizzle decided against it.
"Hey! I'm Drizzle! Brian is my trainer. You'd better clear out if you don't want to get involved in this water fight!" Drizzle said, and splashed at Snype playfully. Brian chose that moment to tackle him from behind, and the two were locked in combat again. Duster got bored playing with/annoying Ellie and Jem and went to rescue Snype. She pulled him away from the quarrling duo and pointed at Snivy.
"I think the ice princess over there has fallen for our king of the seas!" she said with a laugh. Now that Snivy wasn't being talked to by anyone, she had resumed watching Bri and Drizzle out in the water.

Dawn

Years
Meanwhile, Valorie changed into her bathing suit, a skirted two-piece bikini. The bikini was a solid violet. She personally didn't think a multi-colored bathing suit looked good unless it was a full one-piece. Not that she thought multi colored multi pieces were outright ugly. She simply preferred a solid color. That being said, if there was a color Valorie really liked it was a purple. It symbolized royalty to her. She was not royalty by any stretch of the mind, but that wasn't to say she was against looking like such. Contrary to what her normal purple and white attire might suggest her second favorite color was blue.

Details aside, her mind was on the battle. She wanted to win this one. She sat down with Dratini, giving the serpent pokemon a brief prep talk regardless of the fact that Dratini did not have a large enough understanding of the human language to understand most things. It had a very basic understanding, of course. It could usually recognize what was and what wasn't a name. It understood tones. It understood many commands. Yet its understanding was nowhere near as advanced as a human beings.

Valorie silently noted that Dratini had not molded in a while since last time. This was a good thing. It meant her Dratini was at the apex of its fighting ability. Being rather obsessed with dragon pokemon she had done extensive research on Dratini in her free time. She knew that Dratinis molded as a method of shedding themselves of extraneous amounts of energy they had a tendency to build up over time. While she wasn't completely sure exactly how shedding its soon accomplished Aug, mainly because even the research had not stated, she knew this meant that a dratini had more spare energy the closer it got to molting. Dratini was a very rare species of pokemon. For a while it had been thought to have been extinct. Not even Valorie knew the full extent of the pokemon's secrets. That being said, she was slightly eager to find out if any of the teachers in the school could tell her more.

After thinking or a while to clear her head of stressful thoughts so that she would not be nervous or otherwise awkward, she began to make her way back to where they had agreed to meet earlier, this time walking instead of jogging. A few might look at Valorie, silently questioning her appearance, but most either didn't care enough to speak up or assumed she was on her way to or from either the beach or a pool.

(I won't be able to post fast until I get home and off my phone, so just assume Valorie was late, if you don't want to wait 1.5 hours for me.)

Charmander ♀ Lv. 14
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe, Good to meet cha Drizzl.. woah!"] Snype said as Brian and Drizzle continued Duking it out. The little waves were toppling Snype all over the place until Duster arrived to "rescue" him from getting involved in the fight. Snype gave off a large smile to Duster. ["Kehehe. I probobly could have lasted awhile on my own but thanks anyways!"] Snype said cheerfully sitting beside Duster.

["Ice Princess? Snivy over there? Kehehe..."] Snype said jokingly. Snype splashed a little water on Duster. [Kehehe. I'm not a great swimmer but I do like swimming in it!"] Snype said.

Back