• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Genesect

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Found this on Pokejungle just now~

Thanks to Ararabo, a scan for a leaflet showcasing a guide book has come out. This guide book, set for release on August 11th, comes with a serial code. There are no details on what Pokemon will be available through the serial code, but from past examples, it is more than likely a Dream Ability Pokemon that has not been released.

On another note, The leaflet also mentions Genesect. Does this mean Genesect will be officially announced by August 11th?

New Dream Abilities always rustle up some excitement in the competitive community, but what do you think? What might the new Dream Ability Pokemon be, or what do you wish? And why do you think they're speeding up the process of officially announcing hidden legendary Pokémon? Comment below.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow Genesect already...first was Keldeo followed by Meleotta back to back and now this. Seems like GF is eager to get all the gen V Pokemon out...does this mean gen V is nearing it's end?

Years
It seems quite early though...this proably means Genesect will be in the next Movie.
I wonder if it'll activate a new in game like Keldeo or simply have the same event as BW like Meloetta.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Meloetta does have a short in Movie 15, so I don't see why Genesect couldn't be in the next one. Seems rather quick, but then again it will be around this time next year when he probably gets officially released.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Meloetta is also going to have a major role in the Anime, so her time to shine is close at hand.

Genesect is the only one waiting, though he could end up in the Anime as well.

Years
It is pretty quick, I don't beleive three hidden Pokemon have ever been officially announced in the same year...actually Victini is the only hidden Gen V ,if Genosect is in fact revealed, to not have been revealed officially this year being shown in the movie preview of the 13th was it? and in the 14th movies.

blue

gucci
Years
I would have expected to see Genesect in RS Remakes like they did with Arceus in HGSS, I suppose they want to release them all as we play in Unova possibly.

Years
I would have expected to see Genesect in RS Remakes like they did with Arceus in HGSS, I suppose they want to release them all as we play in Unova possibly.
I thought the same thing but it seems you might be right, they proably want to get all the Unova Pokemon out so they can focus on other things like Remakes or Gen VI.
I'm hoping they add more to it's B2W2 event for that of BW, maybe Plasma battles you like they did with Vicitini...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's a bit too early to reveal Genesect, IMO, because of how Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all revealed over the span of a couple years in Gen IV. But then again, having a Genesect would be awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What, why. Meloetta and Keldeo around the same time kinda makes sense, but randomly announcing Genesect wouldn't have much of a point imo unless there's a movie soon after, owell. Probably will be announced in next month's CoroCoro, aka the... August one, though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What, why. Meloetta and Keldeo around the same time kinda makes sense, but randomly announcing Genesect wouldn't have much of a point imo unless there's a movie soon after, owell. Probably will be announced in next month's CoroCoro, aka the... August one, though.

The only thing I've seen so far is that this summer they are releasing a Pokedex (book) that features all 649 Pokemon, including Genesect. Which means between June and August it'll most likely be released, which honestly isn't enough time for another movie.

The new next Movie with Keldeo is in June, sometime before the game release isn't it? If no then shortly after. That book will release in August. We have a few episodes for the New Anime shown and hinted at and we know Meloetta plays a major role in the next part of the Anime. Genesect may also play a part, wether in capturing Meloetta or in relation to Meloetta I cannot say.

It would be random if they released him without something to tie him in though. That's why I'm guessing we'll get an anime appearance. Maybe just a short debut, and then later on in the series he'll play a bigger role.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Previous two gens' last Pokemon (Deoxys and Arceus) got revealed in the time to have something to do with remakes. Deoxys was originally catchable in FR/LG. Arceus got revealed in Feb 2009, before HG/SS and got event in those games.
Could it be that R/S remakes are going to be released on R/S 10th anniversary in this year and they want to reveal Genesect before those remakes?

Years
Maybe that's it, getting all the region Pokemon over with before the move back to an old region.
I can also see Genesect appearing in a Sihoullette for the preview of the next movie or covered up by darkness with it's bug eyes glowing in the dark...

Edit: "Following on from a leak of the salesheet for one of the guides last month, a person who went to the preview screening of the upcoming movie; Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo claims that after the movie, a trailer for next year's movie aired, showcasing Genesect and stating the movie will air in 2013. We currently don't have any confirmation of this but it does match up information we have. We'll bring more as it comes "- souce: Serebii
Seems like Genesect will appear in the next after all.

Last edited:
Back