• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So im fairly sure this is a simple problem but I can't figure it out. I have a script dependent on a person, and everything looks fine in Amap:

but when I go into the game, he is in the wrong place before the script is even triggered:

any tips?

It's probably caused by a level script on the map.
On Advance Map, simply go to the 'Header' tab of the map, then check out the 'Map Script/s' and see if one of those scripts are the cause of moving your NPC to another spot.
Or, if you're being lazy, then just simply change the NPC's 'Person Event Number'.

:3

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Alright, so I've been going around my Fire Red rom replacing various Pokemon with 4th/5th gen pokemon. Totaled up to around 100. Got in all their sprites and icons fine. I've been making use of the 25 Unown slots between Celebi and Treecko as various extra mons.

Most of the Unown slots are evolutions of existing gen 1 and 2 mons in the rom. I can add in some of the evolutions fine, but adding in others somehow causes YAPE to crash. I have multiple Unown slots functioning 100% fine, but others are weird.

2iX1XYk.png

I have not tampered with the rom whatsoever outside of editing Pokemon and attacks, so I very much doubt I've overwritten something.

These "bugged" Unown slots are functional to some awkward degrees. . .I can go in and edit them if I go to them directly without going to an evolution. The current evolution table where I previously was stays, though, and I can't go to any other Pokemon after going to this Pokemon, having to close and reopen it. I also cannot make these bugged slots evolve themselves, even into "normal" slots.

Weirder still, I overwrote Celebi, a normal Pokemon, with a new Pokemon. Sure, it's right next to the Unown slots, but it should be normal, right? Nope, Celebi's slot is one of the "broken" ones. The regular Pokemon in the rom are fine, but yes.

One of the Unown slots even somehow has had random evolutions assigned to it, evolving into Entei and Beedrill somehow. They can be removed and this particular slot functions fine but it's weird enough that it's making me panic something was overwritten.

My best guess is something along the lines of there only being so many evolutions being allowed in the game and I broke the table by adding too many and/or the Unown slots just being really trippy. Looking for an explanation as to why this happened more than anything, pretty much assumed the rom is screwed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I used a tool to randomise Roms of Pokemon Gold and Silver but the tool doesn't make a log file of its randomisation...is there a tool I could use to open my roms and see how/when my pokemon evolve now ?

Years
How would I go about making a new script for the Elite 4 (solely so I could give them different text)? I was thinking I would somehow edit a gym leader script so that they could be re-matched (after beating the league and returning they could be battled again, but with higher level Pokemon). I'd also like to do the same with the champion, but I don't see how I'd be able to re-create every step he takes and how he enters you into the Hall of Fame. This is for Ruby, by the way.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
How would I go about making a new script for the Elite 4 (solely so I could give them different text)? I was thinking I would somehow edit a gym leader script so that they could be re-matched (after beating the league and returning they could be battled again, but with higher level Pokemon). I'd also like to do the same with the champion, but I don't see how I'd be able to re-create every step he takes and how he enters you into the Hall of Fame. This is for Ruby, by the way.

They are all map scripts, found in the header, except for the battles themselves, which are attached to the people. To create a rematch script, just use the checkflag command and then set a flag after the first battle, so it is skipped the second time and a different battle is loaded.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
EDIT: I actually found one in the deep recesses of the archives, disregard this!
Does ANYONE out there have a Leaf Green .ini for the Advance Series tools? Can't find one anywhere on the FACE of the EARTH, and the closest I've gotten is using a slightly-reconfigured Fire Red (which only got as far as opening the rom).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
So i'm creating a pokemon fire red hack and i want the first pokemon that the player recieves to be an egg. any ideas how i can get an egg at the beginning??

Years
They are all map scripts, found in the header, except for the battles themselves, which are attached to the people. To create a rematch script, just use the checkflag command and then set a flag after the first battle, so it is skipped the second time and a different battle is loaded.

I see what you mean, and I edited the gym battle script, except for one problem: how do I know what flag to use?

karatekid552

Years
I see what you mean, and I edited the gym battle script, except for one problem: how do I know what flag to use?

For Ruby? That is a good question. Unlike FR, we don't have a list. I would instead use a var for this. Probably 0x40F8. That is usually pretty safe. If you need help with how to use vars, consult diegoisawsome's xse tutorial.

So i'm creating a pokemon fire red hack and i want the first pokemon that the player recieves to be an egg. any ideas how i can get an egg at the beginning??

A script that gives an egg. See diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.

Last edited:
Years
I have a map with 26 person events, all of which are condensed in a small area, to act as a crowd/mob of people. When I actually enter the map, only the first few are seen, the rest don't seem to exist. Is there a limit to the number of sprites you can see at once?
Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
I have a map with 26 person events, all of which are condensed in a small area, to act as a crowd/mob of people. When I actually enter the map, only the first few are seen, the rest don't seem to exist. Is there a limit to the number of sprites you can see at once?
Spoiler:

The game only allows for 15 on screen NPCs. It can only physically store that much data. Using the createsprite scripting command, you can add more, however the player will be able to walk through said sprites, and the only things you can do with them is make them face a different direction and walk/run/sprint in place. Do with that as you wish.

Years
Hey, I have a tile related question. I have a set of stairs that I inserted and I made sure all of the blocks were set to the right thing (i.e. covered by player, use door/warp etc) and I also have a mat the warps on left arrow press in front of the stairs. When I go into the game in vba, I cannot get the warp to work, and I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Use door/warp only works for moving up or down I think. I'm probably wrong.
Set it to just use warp [61]

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
Does someone know how in pokemon Ash Grey, all charmeleon and charizard individuals were made to disobey the player? I'm trying to do something similar in my hack. Thanks

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
There's a thread on the emulation forum page title making mew obey in fire red. There's some post that helps you make a list of disobeying pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back