• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Real Life Scenes

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, during the Arceus in-game event, a cutscene happens, which shows many real life picture of things like cities. How would you feel if X and Y had real life pictures? Where do you think they would happen? What pictures would they be?

blue

gucci
Years
Ooh, I remember seeing this in HGSS and thinking how strange it was to see those images in a Pokemon game.

I can't really see them incorporating it into the game unless it's event related, I wasn't really a fan of it since it didn't have a Pokemon feel to it, not for me anyway.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Ooh, I remember seeing this in HGSS and thinking how strange it was to see those images in a Pokemon game.

I can't really see them incorporating it into the game unless it's event related, I wasn't really a fan of it since it didn't have a Pokemon feel to it, not for me anyway.
That was strange... unless they're doing another Arceus creating an egg event I doubt we'll see real life images again.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... having real-life pictures in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y might make an appearance as portraits or picture frames in someone's house. Knowing that the 3D visuals have improved in Pokémon X and Y, I'm sure you'll be able to get a closer up view of the pictures in someone's house instead of them being generic ones.

But other than that, I don't think very close-up pictures would appear unless it was in a special Pokémon distribution event of some kind.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Please no. Not again. It just looked -odd-. I would not really like to see that all over again, especially not if it was compulsory to actually see the visuals. Keep Pokemon to Pokemon or else it'll freak me out (kind of like on the Simpsons on that one Halloween episode, daym it freaked me out for a while :x).

Guy

just a guy
Years
The problem with the way it was done in HG/SS was that it was just so random. You had all of these real life images appearing behind Arceus that came out of nowhere. I get that Arceus was born from an egg in a world where nothing existed and then later shaped the world, ─ which is in fact what all of the images were representing ─ but the use of real life images might have been pushing it a bit.

In terms of bringing it into X and Y, I guess I can say I'm indifferent on the subject. I don't mind either way, but should they bring it back, I'd like for it to not be as random or in your face as it was done for the Arceus event in HG/SS.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I heard that doesn't really happen but if so, Jesus Christ, that would scare me to death, it just wouldn't look normal IMO xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
No, no, no! That was a waste, like Trainer Schools in my opinion. I rather Google all sorts of beautiful scenery for 24 hours straight!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It did look kind of odd. :|

Maybe hintingly at the legendaries, but honestly? I don't think they'll find much room to implement real life events.

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
The real life images were weird for me also. but if they do something like this again, they should diffenently show pictures of the other regions (they should have enough of them by now XP)

Years
Ew real life images sounds blasphemous. I've never seen the arceus event, but it sounds terrible. However, I wouldn't be opposed if they showed real life cities but made in the same graphics as X/Y. Could be interesting! If they were to show real life pictures they'd be of... maybe Europe?? And I could see this happening if X/Y have anything to do with alternate dimensions but other than that.... I don't really know. :/

Back