• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Strange House

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Strange House - a lone house at the base of Reversal Mountain.The place where you find the rare Lunar Wing and other useful items.A place riddled with Ghost Pokémon and also a real ghost!Apparently the ghost girl from the Marvelous Bridge lived here and is related with Cresselia somehow.

We've had ghosts and abandoned houses in previous games but this one stuck out to me.What are your theories about this place?What do you think happened in this house to make it so gloomy and haunted?How are the people who lived there related to the Lunar Wing and Cresselia?Also what are the experiences you had here?Did you feel scared or exited?Did you like this haunted house better than the Old Chateau in D/P/Pt?And how long did you take to figure out its maze and get to the end?

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
It was a bit of a disappointment for me because I have Black 2 and therefore can't get the Lunar Wing, but I loved how the things moved around. There's still one spot that I can't get to where there's an item...whatevs.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Everyone should beable to get the Lunar Wing. You have to enter a certain door to make it change correctly. There are videos on youtube in which can help you know which way to go in order to get to the wing.

I would just guess Darkai came in and took their daughter. However they were too later and the child died before they could use the Lunar Wing. After that they probably wanted to leave becaus eof memories and haunted. Therefore they left and forgot to Lunar Wing.

Years
I was guessing that when in dp you were sent to retrieve the lunar wing and save the youmg boy that darkrai was also plaguing the marvelous bridge girl but seeing as how cresselia cant move yhrough planes of dimensions like darkrai, only one of them was saved

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I was guessing that when in dp you were sent to retrieve the lunar wing and save the youmg boy that darkrai was also plaguing the marvelous bridge girl but seeing as how cresselia cant move yhrough planes of dimensions like darkrai, only one of them was saved
Kinda wish the DS could store special data for this kind of event, and in the 4th Gen games if you chose not to save the boy, the girl would survive instead and you'd get some sort of special reward. But, then again, I don't think anyone was planning B2/W2 back in Gen 4 so.. yeah. xD

I'm just happy that girl got more screen-time. We all know how little ghosts from previous games appeared.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I thought it was cuuuute. I spent hours in that house no lie. xD
The ghosts were neat, the trainers were funny, I just wish they pushed it a wee bit more and more events out of it. <3
Like maybe a portal to the Distortion World ad everything goes into mass chaos and BOOM! D<

But really, loved it, loved the moving furniture. <3

Years
I thought it was cuuuute. I spent hours in that house no lie. xD
The ghosts were neat, the trainers were funny, I just wish they pushed it a wee bit more and more events out of it. <3
Like maybe a portal to the Distortion World ad everything goes into mass chaos and BOOM! D<

But really, loved it, loved the moving furniture. <3

Yeah, after watching the Marriland White 2 Adventure LP videos on YouTube, I have to say it was a pretty good location. All those ghosts and Trainers in there... and the furniture too.

I loved how spooky the Strange House was.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I liked that house! The spooky moving furniture added a nice touch to the already spooky interior of the house. The ghost girl also made the experience all the more spookier, and so were the puzzles to get the Lunar Wing. I confess that I actually had assistance with completing the house puzzle as I was following a White 2 walkthough, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. :P

Years
I also needed help but then when i found out that the only thing that was stopping me was a chair that i misjudged in blocking the path and my map movement sprite thingy whatever i felt stupid. I hate consulting youtube for video games lol

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
It was odd, I was kinda disappointed there wans't any story around it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Well strange house huh...
It was pretty cool. The story reminded me of Sinnoh's story. I was thinking perhaps the girl had a nightmare and the father want to get the lunar wing to save her, but didn't make it.

I really hope that there's an event for darkrai *drool*

there was one in DPPt but I missed both because I couldn't connect to my wifi using a normal ds. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for BW2

Years
Well we got the darkrai in black in white but it wasnt a story eveny just a gift. I soft reseted on both versions got a timid and a modest darkrai. Dont really use them though. I dont really lole its movepool

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Yea, I tried to get to the Lunar Wing a few days ago and failed miserably. Hopefully, I'll be able to try again this weekend and succeed in receiving it. Otherwise, I like the Strange House in general.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
The Strange House was a great feature to the game. It was weird at first, but then after a while I sped through it and eventually got the Lunar Wing. I got Cresselia and was happy, happy, happy but then I restarted my game so ... derp. c:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I didn't mind the Strange House. On my first visit, I thought the idea was pretty neat. I thought the shaking objects might have contained something. It seems like a waste that other than containing the Lunar Wing, it served no real purpose.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I love all this kind of supernatural things in Pokemon games so I did enjoy the Strange House a lot. I think I spent a lot of time in there until I got the Lunar Wing. I didn't know I could get that key item there so I came in with the only idea of exploring. About the maze system, it was a bit like Lost Cave in Pokemon FR/LG, and I found out how to go through it quickly. Now that I've beaten the league, I'm looking forward to catching Cresselia.

But I still wonder why the Lunar Wing? It should have been something like an item to catch Darkrai, or maybe Darkrai could have appeared inside the house after you had beaten the league. Maybe Cresselia was once there, fought Darkrai and lost the battle? So Cresselia dropped her Lunar Wing while she was escaping.

Well, I don't really know, but the Strange House is a cool house which I enjoyed a lot. It's a shame you can't do anything else there once you've explored it. If they had added some post-league features, it would have been amazing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I liked the strange house and I thought the puzzle was interesting.

In saying that I think it was the least scary, scary place in a pokemon game to date. Lavender Town and even the Old Chateau creeped me out to some degree but I didn't get the same vibe from the strange house.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My suspicions on why the Strange House is haunted by a human ghost may have something to do with Darkrai (since the house is used to trigger the Cresselia event). He must've gone Freddy Kreuger on that girl.

But I still wonder why the Lunar Wing? It should have been something like an item to catch Darkrai, or maybe Darkrai could have appeared inside the house after you had beaten the league.

One problem, Darkrai is an event Pokemon, in which they cannot be obtained in-game unless you have a special item you received via Wi-Fi.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
There could be associations, but the ghost is the same one from Marvelous Bridge. That house is rather creepy, I'll admit. The Lunar Wing and Cresselia is nice, especially because it dosent roam this game.

Back