• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 10th anniversery party

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
Years
On augest 8th in new york city who is going to the 10th anniversery pokemon party? Becuase I am going!!! also im wondering if celebi will be available?

poke_10th_anniversary.png

PS: THIS IS NOT JAA
also Ill be the one wearing the camo pants and a rouroni kenshin shirt.
so look out for me :)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
>> One of Pika's ears is the missing the black.... xD ^^;; Sorry...randomly noticed...

Anyhoo, you're so lucky! I've been hearing about it, and then though I did go JAA I REALLY go to the one in NY. Its suppsosed to be the biggest Pokemon celebration ever..... T-T Sadly, I live too far away fron NY to go...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Hmm, a huge celebration in New York city in honor of Pokemon's tenth anniversary. Maybe I could go. I mean I've been meaning to go into the city to go shopping for an anime-style wig (dont ask) and I haven't been to the city in almost six years.
It's next Tuesday, eh? I wonder if my mom would be free to drive me. (I mean there's like no way I'm taking public transportation!
oh, fyi I live not far from NYC, it takes about an hour to get there.
Maybe I'll go. I dont like the city and the commotion but hey, if Pokemon's having a party.
I'll go look for more information

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
Years
Drew said:
>> One of Pika's ears is the missing the black.... xD ^^;; Sorry...randomly noticed...

Anyhoo, you're so lucky! I've been hearing about it, and then though I did go JAA I REALLY go to the one in NY. Its suppsosed to be the biggest Pokemon celebration ever..... T-T Sadly, I live too far away fron NY to go...

oh wow thats funny lmao but I just found that pic on google >.>

Crystal Clair said:
Hmm, a huge celebration in New York city in honor of Pokemon's tenth anniversary. Maybe I could go. I mean I've been meaning to go into the city to go shopping for an anime-style wig (dont ask) and I haven't been to the city in almost six years.
It's next Tuesday, eh? I wonder if my mom would be free to drive me. (I mean there's like no way I'm taking public transportation!
oh, fyi I live not far from NYC, it takes about an hour to get there.
Maybe I'll go. I dont like the city and the commotion but hey, if Pokemon's having a party.
I'll go look for more information

0_0 you dont live that far thats cool! I hope you can come,I dont wanna be the only one on the forums going.Also It seems your a cosplayer :D whats the ocasion?

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
Years
I'm going to be there!!!
maybe we could meet eachother.. hmm? i dunno what I'll be wearing there but i will be doing interviews for the Pokemon Palace Network and taking loads of pictures, maybe even some sound and video bytes. I can't wait =D

Whiplash

Been very inactive
Years
^ I wish I was there ¬¬.
10 Years already that went fast.
So I must have been 4 when it came out ;).

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Also It seems your a cosplayer :D whats the ocasion?
Actually, I'm not a cosplayer, I just dont like my haircolor yet I want to do something drastic to my hair but dont have the guts to use scissors.
Oh, I'm having doubts about going. New York city is going through a dangerous heatwave. It's like 110 degrees F during midday and 120 in the subways and outside my house it's like 100. I swear, you just stand in the shade in a decent breeze and your sweat could turn the Sahara into a rainforest.
My mom said she'd be glad to take me though. And my dad's in Manhattan that day so I could visit him
I'm just warning you all, the heat is insane!
If you cant picture 100+, put your face in front of a blowdrier on max heat.

Edit:
Good news, it looks like the weather's gonna be nice on Tuesday :D

Last edited:

Shorty

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Awww...

Sounds like fun but I live way to far to go there. You guys better tell me all about it. ;)

Years
(boy, it's good to be back on PC...)

*sighs* Wish I could celebrate Pokémon without worries again... (I did go to the one in Raleigh, NC, and I was VERY happy!)

Well, for those who can make it, please be extra careful, as Crystal Clair said. Drink plenty of water before and during the event (Bring a backpack full of water bottles if you have to!) I don't think they really need fainted Pokémaniacs in the crowded streets of NYC...

Oh, and Master Kwesi Nkromah, if you do interview people there, try to talk to the mayor of NYC, Michael Bloomberg. He actually proclaimed it to be Pokémon Day on August 8! And don't forget Hulk Hogan; I'm wondering why he decided to host a great event like this!

Yeah, Celebi is probably gonna be availible to download, but that's not the Pokémon that's gonna attract all the attention at those stations. It's the FLYING PIKACHU that will!

Oddly enough, all info was found on http://www.nintendo.com/, not http://www.pokemon.com/...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
Ten years of Pokemon. Since I can't come, I might as well say this: "Congratulations and many happy returns, Pikachu!"

I hope the people who do get to go have a smashing time. :)

Years
HAH! I beat NewsBot to the Flying Pikachu info! (I know it's automated; don't ruin my moment...)

After reading an email sent out by PokémonCenter.com, it looks like that the special Flying Pikachu is going to replace Celebi as the special Pokémon availible for download. Sorry, Renagadez.

If anyone's willing, I will trade my Celebi for one! (I can let go since I already have one on each of my cartridges, which means six of them...)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
;_; Argh, I want to go but I live too far away. xD If only this was two weeks earlier...I could've convinced my parents to make a detour on our trip.

Glad to hear you'll be taking pictures though, Kwesi. Make an announcement with them or something. 8DD

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2006
boo i live in cali :(

well post all about it :)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I wish! My dad had a meeting in NYC a few days ago, if I had known when the party was I woulda gone to and stayed for the party. Oh well, I'll just have to read about it on here.

Drifblim

Banned
Years
I live in New Jersey, but I doubt I'll be able to book transport to New York for just the day. And that's with work the following morning. So don't expect me there.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I'm definitely going tomorrow. I'll be the one with the "Crystal Clair" nametag (if I dont forget it, that is). I'll try taking some pictures too.... if I can just find my darn digital camera!
Is Celebi really for download? I'm packing my DS then.
And yes my mom insists we take public transportation because she doesn't want to pay twenty bucks to park the car in one of those fancy garages. At least we get to take one of those fancy buses with the comfortable seats ^_^
Hope to see at least the thread creator there.

Back